Just broke up with my girlfriend- am I being unreasonable?

It's a good thing she didn't have sex with him.....because if she did, she would get AIDS.

You are very reasonable. How long ago did the break up happen? Have you communicated with her since then? How did your test go?

Keep is updated and good luck finding someone more committed

You're 100% right. You're better off without her, I'm guessing.

The perfect girl would tell him, gay or not, to fuck off. If some "lesbian" friend of yours pulled that shit...

You're in the clear. If dude was looking to test the waters once and all, so be it. But this was with your girlfriend. While you were together. You're allowed to be put off by that. And (as asinine as this might sound to enlightened folk) there isn't a Grace alive that doesn't daydream about getting her Will in the sack.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the guy needed to be put in his place. Maybe not an ass kicking, more like cut off from OP and girlfriend.

Just because your gay doesn't mean you're entitled to some sort of freebie-pity-friend-sex, especially with a guys (who's supposed to be your friend) girlfriend.

I have to assume the GF didn't tell the OP for some time because she knew a line had been crossed, and the OP wouldn't approve of their friendship or hanging out together without the OP.

I agree. The issue is that she is still friends with a person who attempted/pleaded for sex from your girl, that right there raises red flags forget the whole road trip that is the main problem. If you had a female friend who claimed to be gay but yet wanted to fuck you would she condone you seeing her still? have you ever presented this question to her?

Last edited:
Good choice. That girl sounds like _____

Sorry but I love how if the roles were reversed and that girl went on twitter on FB she'd get like +1000 likes and comments from women talking about how you are trash and aren't good enough for her.

We are your bros here!

She gave you an ultimatum? You did the right thing my man. She chose a trip over you. Fuck that nonsense.

YShe was perfect for me,

No, she was not. She didnt respect your wishes when you made a completely reasonable request. If A guy had made a pass at my girlfriend, I would not be cool with them taking any sort of trip, let alone staying in the same room.

You love her and it hurts, but this is not the girl for you. When the right one comes along, you will look back on this situation and be glad as hell that you are no longer a part of it.

Your girlfriend is full of shit. I had a girlfriend with a gay friend and it's a total pain in the ass. Gay guys typically will undermine your relationship to pander to a girl in order to keep her under his control. They're fucked up that way.

And her railroading you into a position where you have to chose "them" or break up is pretty c#nty.

Yeah I'm just bummed. I just finished booking a sightseeing plane ride in LA and bought her a camera earlier this week for her upcoming birthday. The only part I'm not looking forward to is explaining to my parents, I feel as though they think I'm going to become depressed and try to convince me to win her back because I don't want to explain the details to them

The issue for her may be that it feels like you don't trust her, which offends her because she rejected his attempts. The issue for you though isn't that you don't trust her, it is that you don't trust him, so you guys may be going around and around about different things, which has led to your impasse. Was the guy a legitimate threat sexually, no, because your girl didn't do anything with him, and it sounds like she wouldn't, but he disrespected your relationship, and just because he is gay doesn't exonerate him.

I don't think though that you are being unreasonable. The guy crossed the line, gay or not, and that changed your trust in him being around a woman that you have a committed relationship with. He crossed her boundaries, and your boundaries, and that just being "the way he is" isn't an acceptable resolution to you. If she and him are going to be close, he needs to step up and apologize and explain himself to you in a way that you are cool with. It seems too that the issue of who she values more would be an area of uncertainty for you, and the answer seems complicated.

Honestly though, her giving you an ultimatum, and basically saying: "I don't care how you feel anymore, accept what I am doing, or we are through" is really bad. Hopefully she just said that out of anger, and doesn't really mean it, but still, it is a threat. In a relationship, you need to work through things like this, even if a person just has issues with trust, but you have reason not to trust this guy with your girlfriend.

At this point, reflecting on your relationship is probably a good idea. Is this a person whom you share values with, and on a basic level, is this a person you trust? Where you see this relationship going, is this a person you want to get more intertwined with in terms of finances, assets, and family? If you really love her, and feel like she really loves you, and you can count on her, then maybe see a counselor/mediator to help you guys learn to communicate better. But, if not, maybe this gives you a good reason to break off something that will not be good for what you want out of your life in the long term.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm just bummed. I just finished booking a sightseeing plane ride in LA and bought her a camera earlier this week for her upcoming birthday. The only part I'm not looking forward to is explaining to my parents, I feel as though they think I'm going to become depressed and try to convince me to win her back because I don't want to explain the details to them

Answer if you want to, but what is your and your "ex's" approximate age?

lol at someone on Sherdog having a girlfriend.

Just. lol

The only part I'm not looking forward to is explaining to my parents, I feel as though they think I'm going to become depressed and try to convince me to win her back because I don't want to explain the details to them

Then you have to phrase it in a way that wont make them try to convince you to win her back. You just say she left you for someone else. It's not untrue, and they will not see her as available, will not keep digging, and therefore wont implore you to win her back

Back