Junior dos Santos: "The heavyweight division is at its best moment, but lacks Fedor"

I hope the JDS wins but he's wrong. The UFC HW division is about as shallow as it's ever been.

Proof? Cain's last 4 fights have been the same 2 people!

After JDS all there is is Werdum and Barnett. Werdum already lost to JDS and Barnett who pisses clean may not be nearly as good. Barnett also lost to a newbie in Cormier.

After Werdum and Barnett who is there? Travis Browne? Stefan Struve? Ugh! That's how shallow the UFC HW division is.

He's right about Fedor being the GOAT though.

JDS, Cain and the others you mentioned is still less shallow than Arlovski, Timmy, and an aging Couture.

Thats how you know Fedor.is the flippin' GOAT. When you have a great fighter in JDS saying that he is a fan. Such a shame that people think Fedor was a can kicker... and a wash up. Long live the last Emperor!!!!!!! War Fedor!!!! SLAVA FEDOR

This be. Da truth

After this fight, no matter the result, we would be at least 2 fights away from the possibility of a IV (barring controversy). That time will show how far JDS and Cain are from everyone else, if it isnt already clear.

The best comparison I can think where 2 guys are so far ahead of the field is: Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux in the 80s in the NHL

After this fight, no matter the result, we would be at least 2 fights away from the possibility of a IV (barring controversy). That time will show how far JDS and Cain are from everyone else, if it isnt already clear.

The best comparison I can think where 2 guys are so far ahead of the field is: Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux in the 80s in the NHL

Maybe?

Yes, and Gus couldn't fight because of this:

1.gif

how old is the cut on this gif?

I'm afraid that an early punch from Cain could ruin the fight, for both of them. A TKO via cut stoppage is something I doubt Cain would want.

Junior has pretty good striking defence so its going to be interesting to see if he protects the cut, at the expense of perhaps his TDD.

Either way, for JDS to win this fight he has to be more agressive and go for a kill. He has to risk getting taken down other wise Cain will push the pace and take him down regardless.

The great.....the greatest.....the legend....the GOAT!

Junior has pretty good striking defence so its going to be interesting to see if he protects the cut, at the expense of perhaps his TDD.

Either way, for JDS to win this fight he has to be more agressive and go for a kill. He has to risk getting taken down other wise Cain will push the pace and take him down regardless.

I think the key is not to worry about the takedown so much....last fight he got taken down and took almost no damage and got back up. But it cause JDS to be a bit tentative. Knowing he can pop right back up....just let your hands go.

The HW division is strong at the top but gets kind of weak when looking at fighters ranked 7 and lower.

Fedor is the GOAT, everyone knows this... except delusional UFC nuthuggers. Props to JDS hoping he can touch Cain's iffy chin again.

JDS and Cain both have lots of respect for Fedor. Dana could learn a thing or two from them.

This. Dana just.... he's a good businessman, but he lacks what it takes to also be a good human being. He doesn't command respect like Fedor, Cain, JDS, etc. Just too much mouth.

Your favorite fighter's favorite fighter.

im a big fan of any fighter who is a fan of fedor

The HW division is strong at the top but gets kind of weak when looking at fighters ranked 7 and lower.

Pretty much like that in most sports, hard to find good big men

Back