Junior dos Santos: "The heavyweight division is at its best moment, but lacks Fedor"

The division has Werdum and Big Foot, two people who beat Fedor with ease, no reason to have Fedor.

Aint that the damn truth. The Fedor element is sorely missed imo.

Unfortunately, he is not being realistic if he thinks Fedor now would be anything more than a journeyman in the UFC HW div. Maybe if you could bring in Fedor from even 5 years ago into the UFC now, then he would be at the very least somewhere between upper level gatekeeper and title contender, even today. But Fedor now would be hard pressed to even get past the Roy nelsons and the Stipe Miocic's of the UFC.

JDS is still very admirable, which is why I highly fear the prospect of him taking a second 5 round thrashing courtesy of Cain, but I think he is being too idealistic here.

Unfortunately, he is not being realistic if he thinks Fedor now would be anything more than a journeyman in the UFC HW div. Maybe if you could bring in Fedor from even 5 years ago into the UFC now, then he would be at the very least somewhere between upper level gatekeeper and title contender, even today. But Fedor now would be hard pressed to even get past the Roy nelsons and the Stipe Miocic's of the UFC.

Whoa, Fedor wouldn't be a title contender or a Top 5, but what could do Roy against him?

The division has Werdum and Big Foot, two people who beat Fedor with ease, no reason to have Fedor.

Bigfoot was also KTFO by Eric Pele, who Aleksander Emalianenko KO'ed with ease. Aleks says Fedor is the best of the two. So bigfoot got finished by a guy Aleks finished easily.

Werdum was beaten easily in the UFC by Arlovski, who Fedor flattened and almost killed in the first round. Sergei Kharitonov beat Werdum. Aleks also KO'ed Kharitonov

You see how that doesnt work?

Bigfoot was also KTFO by Eric Pele, who Aleksander Emalianenko KO'ed with ease. Aleks says Fedor is the best of the two. So bigfoot got finished by a guy Aleks finished easily.

Werdum was beaten easily in the UFC by Arlovski, who Fedor flattened and almost killed in the first round. Sergei Kharitonov beat Werdum. Aleks also KO'ed Kharitonov

I don't, can you explain it to me again?

This time use pictures.

I don't, can you explain it to me again?

This time use pictures.

Haha just saying that because Fedor has been beaten by people in the UFC doesn't mean he would get destroyed in the UFC or that he wouldnt bring anything to the table.

I was just bringing up comparisons, showing there are fighters that have beaten Werdum and Bigfoot before that have no business in the octagon.

Shit maybe I should look up how to post pictures and illustrate it out. That shit would be ridiculous

JDS is still very admirable, which is why I highly fear the prospect of him taking a second 5 round thrashing courtesy of Cain, but I think he is being too idealistic here.

Astounding... This is based off what?
The fact that Fedor is still more rounded then both guys or has cardio to outlast either. Fedor, top 5, title contender , maybe or maybe not champion. Difficult to gauge.
Lol gatekeeper? You have no clue...

Bigfoot lost to Pele 7 years ago, at that time he didn't belong in the UFC either. The Fedor that lost to Big Foot, Werdum, Henderson, and barely beat Brett Rogers would not have fared well in the UFC.

Bigfoot lost to Pele 7 years ago, at that time he didn't belong in the UFC either. The Fedor that lost to Big Foot, Werdum, Henderson, and barely beat Brett Rogers would not have fared well in the UFC.

Bigfoot was finished before he entered his prime, Fedor was finished after he left it.

Are you serious? You know Werdum and Bigfoot have been doing extremely well since crossing over (besides Bigfoot's run ins with Cain). Werdum is like #3 right now. Bigfoot had 2 big upsets.

And Fedor would destroy anyone outside of the top 5 in the UFC still

The fighters favourite fighter.

Not only the man is a legend for his fighting abilities, he is also one of the most well mannered fighters.

So glad to have witnessed his fighting career and one day when I am old, I will tell my grandchildren about the legend of The Last Emperor :)

I'm getting tired of hearing about Fedor. Sure I would have liked to see Fedor vs. Junior Dos Santos, Cain Velasquez or Alistair Overeem but he retired and he says he doesn't want to fight any more. I don't want to watch someone fight who doesn't have the will to do so. Sure he's young enough to keep fighting but he had a long career and he retired when he started to decline. The drama with Dana White and the UFC was extremely lame and Fedor doesn't appear wise enough to recognize that it was M-1's fault that he didn't sign with the UFC and pissed Dana off. There are a lot of reasons to find fault in Dana White but he clearly wanted Fedor under contract and his people ruined the deal.

I say let the man stay retired and enjoy his family. Stop encouraging him to make a comeback. He doesn't even want it.

I hope the JDS wins but he's wrong. The UFC HW division is about as shallow as it's ever been.

Proof? Cain's last 4 fights have been the same 2 people!

After JDS all there is is Werdum and Barnett. Werdum already lost to JDS and Barnett who pisses clean may not be nearly as good. Barnett also lost to a newbie in Cormier.

After Werdum and Barnett who is there? Travis Browne? Stefan Struve? Ugh! That's how shallow the UFC HW division is.

He's right about Fedor being the GOAT though.

Yes... The HW division with Tim Sylvia as a champ was really better than this. Right?

Or when a WWE guy with a 1-1 in the UFC getting a title shot who got easily beaten by the current champ and by a guy who has been brutally KOed twice since that.

Come on.. we have the most solid top 10 HW of the history... is shallow? Yes, but it is better than ever.
Cormier, Barnett, JDS, Cain, Browne, Bigfoot (who beat Fedor), Werdum... That is a lot of talent for me.

Yes... The HW division with Tim Sylvia as a champ was really better than this. Right?

Or when a WWE guy with a 1-1 in the UFC getting a title shot who got easily beaten by the current champ and by a guy who has been brutally KOed twice since that.

Come on.. we have the most solid top 10 HW of the history... is shallow? Yes, but it is better than ever.
Cormier, Barnett, JDS, Cain, Browne, Bigfoot (who beat Fedor), Werdum... That is a lot of talent for me.

Top 10 , in UFC history.

Back