Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez 'gave everything he had' and still couldn't finish

It was enough to finish on top regardless. I have no idea what his point is.

You should actually read the article then. He was replying to Cain's message about how he passed on a submission to prove a point. Also the only quoted part of the title is 'he gave everything he had', while the rest he didnt say, that's a little misleading.

His point, you ask? Man I hope a guy is allowed to talk a little bit and suggest he has a better chin than his opponent. I hope that.

Those kinda comments are very childish and cheap...

That he's better

better at taking a beating?? Congrats!! You can claim your prize of rhabdomyolysis from blunt trauma and exhaustion from a 25 min beatdown that made him look like he was in a car wreck.

JDS is very confident coming into this fight, sounds promising.

I like Cain but I hope JDS stops him.

Don't worry JDS, you'll get finished this time around.

JDS gave everything he had to Big Country but couldn't finish.

So Big Country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cain ?!?!?!??

his point is when he hit Cain cleanly in the first round the fight was over.

When Cain did the same to him the fight went on for 4 more rounds because Cain was unable to finish a clearly devastated JDS until the time limit was reached.

It's not that complicated.

I am not too fussed about this fight unfortunately. I'll take Fedor v Cro Cop any day.

I doubt that Cain passed on submission.. JDS is too dangerous for that. When JDS connected with a uppercut in 3th you could see how it made Cain scared and that showed in round 4 statics where JDS was semi-competitve again. That said I also think JDS is a little scared cos it wasnt only his fault (creatines fault) he lost the match. It was cos Cain did superb job in r1

this and the one that he said that cain hit like a girls..was out of the context

He's just playing mind games - JDS (or his team) obviously want Cain to try and come at him slightly more aggressively, they are trying to goad him into going for a big finish, in the hope that it'll make him more open for a counter.

Whether or not these statements will make a difference to Cain's mindset (or whether he'll even be aware of them at all) is debateable.

I honestly dont know who im pulling for.

Theyve been my two favorite HWs since 08. But...there can only be one so may the best man win.

JDS couldn't stop Cain from beating his ass the whole fight

JDS gave everything he had and lost all five rounds.

Kind of a dumb statement for them to make.

Back