Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez 'gave everything he had' and still couldn't finish

JDS gave everything he had but his face still ended up looking like a sloppy joe

So.... JDS did not give everything he had???? Why did he not finish Cain? *insert Brazilian excuse no. 39*

JDS logic is very weird. This and, "Oh yeah, got a few months of boxing training, brah. Gonna beat the Klitschko now."

better at taking a beating?? Congrats!! You can claim your prize of rhabdomyolysis from blunt trauma and exhaustion from a 25 min beatdown that made him look like he was in a car wreck.

this nailed it

JDS took Cain's forte (Wrestling and GNP) and still survived

Cain took JDS' forte (Boxing) and he got KTFO'd!!

/thread

better at taking a beating?? Congrats!! You can claim your prize of rhabdomyolysis from blunt trauma and exhaustion from a 25 min beatdown that made him look like he was in a car wreck.

Lol

A decision in one fight doesn't mean a finish won't happen in a second fight.

/thread

a fluke is flukishy flukey

re-opened thread

Last edited:
Complete objectivity, since I like both guys as sports personalities--humble, nice, good dudes, as far as I can see. However, after the thrashing, I don't see what JDS has for Cain. He needs to come in a do more than just boxing--Cain's overall mma game was too much for him.

/thread

Some of the dumbest shit said on the internet is on this site.

Basically JDS better hope he hits Cain behind the ear in the perfect spot to hope his equalibrium is off so he can pounce on him, Cain has multiple ways of winning this fight, if JDS connects anywhere else other than the back of the ear Cain will keep pushing forward.

If Cain can't finish it just means another 25 minute beating.

Man...I really like jds, but comments like this are so Brazilian.

Haha! You kicked my ass for 25 minutes and couldn't finish me! You could only take my soul and punch my face in.

He did enough to keep his belt, just like he will this Saturday. So pumped for this fight.

Basically JDS better hope he hits Cain behind the ear in the perfect spot to hope his equalibrium is off so he can pounce on him, Cain has multiple ways of winning this fight, if JDS connects anywhere else other than the back of the ear Cain will keep pushing forward.

Don't worry brah JDS do knock pro MMA fighters out for a living I'm very sure he knows his shit.

Cain has multiple ways of winning? How? LMAO. JDS took Cain's hardest punch and kicks and GNP and I believe he attempted a submission but couldn't finish JDS. If there's anything that Cain have the best against JDS is his cardio and offensive wrestling.

Conclusion- The only possible way Cain wins this is by decision.

Definitely pulling for JDS, and Cain saying he didn't go for the sub is the same type of quip that JDS's is. Mild banter compared to some MMA trash-talking.

JDS was a hair away from being finished in that first round. Getting that finish kind of seems irrelevant when taking the beatdown was potentially worse career-wise.

I'm in the group that thinks JDS's rhabdo developed from their fight, not from being overtrained.

Back