Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez 'gave everything he had' and still couldn't finish

JDS gave everything he had to Big Country but couldn't finish.

So Big Country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cain ?!?!?!??

1356511253897.jpg

Lol JDS was joking.

But I'm sure you know that but will still play it off as legit trash talk

At the beginning was more like a joke, but in the Primetime series JDS really say it like he believes that.

The logic of this argument is always so silly. If he couldn't finish you for 25 mins, that's 25 minutes you ALSO had to try and finish. Why didn't you? Oh, cuz you were getting rocked and beat to shit for the whole time. Got it.

BTW I like JDS and he has a really good chance to win again, but c'mon son this is the dumbest logic ever. It's not like Cain just blanketed him.

JDS gave everything he had to Big Country but couldn't finish.

So Big Country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cain ?!?!?!??

Well done. And the same happen also in the Carwin fight.

At the beginning was more like a joke, but in the Primetime series JDS really say it like he believes that.

This is pretty much how I felt. It started as a joke but JDS's entire Primetime was devoted to Cain not being able to finish him and him being overtrained.

Honestly, it was probably the worst Primetime I can recall.

Yeah but still enough to beat his ass and clearly win.

I won't say I'm a fan but I kind of like the way dos Santos fights. However, the dude is a really sore loser.

Still kind of hoping he KO's Cain in a minute again but I don't really have a horse in this race.

Lol UFC wolf tickets.

It's funny how each of the respective fanbases are more offended by JDS' and Cain's trash talking than JDS and Cain are lol

Bunch of idiots in this thread obviously took TS's out of context title quote and didn't read the article.

Here is the full "he gave it all he had" quote. And he is replying to Cain saying he could have submitted Junior but decided not too.

"He can say [whatever] he wants, but I know this: He gave everything he had to win that fight, and you could see at the end of the fight that he was really tired, and he tried to finish that fight very much, and he couldn't."

I like JDS much more than I like Cain, and want him to win but this seems like a poor attempt at baiting Cain to go for a finish (on the feet). It doesn't matter that he didn't finish you, JDS, he's the champion regardless of if he wins a UD or finishes you.

It was enough to finish on top regardless. I have no idea what his point is.

Two reasons:

A. JDS has to find a reason to motivate himself that he can fight CV and win.

B. After all this time, I thought I personally thought it was a waste of time to have this fight so early after the beating CV gave him. I thought JDS has no hope. Then, I saw his interview and that's when I realized he was right. He KOed CV in 64 seconds but CV could not put him away for 25 minutes.

So, yes based on that argument he does have a very good point.

I'm a big Cain fan and picked him to win both fights, but I agree. Cain threw the kitchen sink at JDS and couldn't finish him, and JDS will always have that 1 punch KO power to end it at any time.

I don't really see any scenario in which JDS isn't improved this fight over the last. I don't know if it will be enough to win, but I sure as hell would not be betting on this fight.

"He hits like a girl!" - Junior Dos Santos

jdsface.gif

Well that girl dropped you -Javier Mendez

ufc155_12_velasquez_vs_jds_018.jpg

His point, he has shown he can finish Cain and Cain can't finish him.
If I had to lose I'd way rather get KO'd quickly instead of taking a prolonged 25 minute beating.

Without even taking into account the damage your body will be receiving,

If you get KO'd fast many people may just chalk that up to being a fluke.

But getting dominated like that an entire fight, many people will think the better fighter won because that's 25 minutes that you also had a chance to come back.

Junior Dos Santos gave everything he had and he still got pounded every round.

I guess he is trying to find motivation for himself. What Cain did to him was just as good as a finish, and likely much more damaging.

JDS stopped his take down attempts, then kept him on the outside and proceeded to K. him T.F.O.!

Sounds like he implemented the perfect game plan to me!

His point, he has shown he can finish Cain and Cain can't finish him.

Why can't Cain finish him?

I hope JDS doesn't believe his recovery and chin will perform exactly the same against Cain this time that it did last time, that would be delusional.

Both traits deteriorate over time, so I really really hope JDS is not banking on this.

JDS needs to finish this fight quick, and I hope he does.

Back