Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez 'gave everything he had' and still couldn't finish

Junior gave it all and still couldn't come close to winning the rematch. What's his point?

better at taking a beating?? Congrats!! You can claim your prize of rhabdomyolysis from blunt trauma and exhaustion from a 25 min beatdown that made him look like he was in a car wreck.

Well what's better, to have a great chin, or a weak chin?

Junior gave it all and still couldn't come close to winning the rematch. What's his point?

That he's somehow the better fighter because of one 60 second KO despite 25 minutes of having his clock cleaned?

I've been saying this to my friends ever since the second fight. Dos santos knows what Cain is able to do for 25 minutes at his best now he knows what to drill and train now.
Pulling for dos santo but I just want to see a great fight

He's also seen that Cain can lay one hell of a beating while nullifying any offense JDS might've thrown for a full 25 minutes.

JDS can knock Cain out, as the first fight showed, BUT, JDS had 25 minutes to land that one punch in the rematch and couldn't.

That he has a better chin than Cain? There's threads about chins daily, surely you Sherdoggers can figure this one out.

I've been saying this to my friends ever since the second fight. Dos santos knows what Cain is able to do for 25 minutes at his best now he knows what to drill and train now.
Pulling for dos santo but I just want to see a great fight

I have a feeling every heavyweight knows what to prepare for when approaching a fight with Cain. Doesn't mean shit if you can't get it done come fight night. Everyone knows GSP is going to put you on your back - apparently it's as easy as training TDD to beat GSP.

:rolleyes:

I have a feeling every heavyweight knows what to prepare for when approaching a fight with Cain. Doesn't mean shit if you can't get it done come fight night. Everyone knows GSP is going to put you on your back - apparently it's as easy as training TDD to beat GSP.

:rolleyes:

ummmm its totally the opposite. Cain and GSP are two of the most well rounded fighters in the game and have won fights using grappling or standup. usually a combination of both and they are both very good at everything. You cant predict what either will do.

Its JDS you can 100% predict what he will do. He will look to box.

Man I hope Cain knocks him out.

If not, I'd be happy with a 25min domination again.

ummmm its totally the opposite. Cain and GSP are two of the most well rounded fighters in the game and have won fights using grappling or standup. usually a combination of both and they are both very good at everything. You cant predict what either will do.

Its JDS you can 100% predict what he will do. He will look to box.

I'm not speaking of predicting what anyone will do - and neither should you with your certainties of JDS looking to box 100% of the time. While boxing is certainly his bread and butter and is the biggest part of his game, 100% implies that he'll never look to kick.

Junior-dos-Santos-Mark-Hunt-UFC-160-300x212.png

My point is that other fighters are aware of what an opponent brings to the table and they train accordingly. The poster I quoted stated that because JDS fought Cain for 25 minutes, he knows his game and now knows how to train for him. If you're telling me that JDS was first enlightened and made aware that Cain was capable of generating constant pressure with his smooth transmissions from striking to grappling after he took a shellacking for 25 minutes...:icon_neut

But that's not what you're telling me, so no worries. It was just implied by another.

This coming from the guy that looked like Shrek by the end of the fight.

according to dana, Cain wanted to punish Junior, and intentionally beat him for five rounds.

I saw that on the most recent Fox interview. Cain told Dana that he didn't want to take the back and look for chokes and just wanted to punish JDS but I think the real reason was that he couldn't keep JDS on the ground long enough to do anything there.

Back