Junior dos Santos: "Cain has chances of taking me down. I'm ready to submit someone."

Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/evento...-chao-de-velasquez-pronto-para-finalizar.html

I prefer to keep the fight standing because I have confidence in that area and I believe I can knock out anyone in the world. I'm not going to the ground unless someone takes me down. Cain is a great wrestler and he has chances of taking me down. If he manages to do so and keep me there, people will see my jiu-jitsu.

I practice jiu-jitsu a lot. I'm ready to submit someone. If the fight goes to the ground and I can't get back up, I'll look for the submission.

(JDS recently got his BJJ black belt)

cigano_faixapreta_div.jpg_62.jpg

Dos Santos is one of the most well-rounded heavyweights he's the best heavyweight in MMA.

Dos Santos is one of the most well-rounded heavyweights he's the best heavyweight in MMA.

And he knows how to make people play the game where he's the strongest, with his footwork, spacing and timing.

I think it will just be another knockdown to Gn'P TKO in favor of JDS as usual. We may see his Jiu-Jitsu another day.

I like Dos Santos and Cain, so I just hope for a good fight.

And he knows how to make people play the game where he's the strongest, with his footwork, spacing and timing.

I think it will just be another knockdown to Gn'P TKO in favor of JDS as usual. We may see his Jiu-Jitsu another day.

I agree.

If Cain loses again to JDS, which is likely to occur, whats next for him? does he try and make a drop to LHW?

If Cain loses again to JDS, which is likely to occur, whats next for him? does he try and make a drop to LHW?

He should wait to see if JDS beats Overeem. If he does, then LHW should be his focus.

You dont even believe that,

TS: JDS is a black belt like Steven Seagal is a Sensei. I see Nog is still giving away his free MC' nog black belts.

Rashad Evans is a black belt in BJJ too and now so is JDS, its something else.

How cool would it be to see JDS start pulling some classic Big Nog shit?
Playing deep half, using the sit out, etc.

Now I'm interested. Doubt he's near that good, but interested.

Last edited:
I dont think this fight will be so easy for JDS. I see Cain get takedown or two. In the first round. JDS ability of getting up may be the deciding factor. Althought it will be difficult bc Cain has very solid top control.

TS: JDS is a black belt like Steven Seagal is a Sensei. I see Nog is still giving away his free MC' nog black belts.

How many times it must be repeated that JDS' BJJ coach is not Nog?

This is his coach, Ramon Lemos:

Check your sources before spewing shit.

He should wait to see if JDS beats Overeem. If he does, then LHW should be his focus.

I agree.

I do believe what I said. Dos Santos has excellent bjj, some of the best tdd and he's one of the best strikers in MMA.

As for the black belts they don't just give it out, how would you know what goes on in the gym? Dos Santos must have proved himself.

Because he didn't start training bjj over 7 years ago, moron.

Yep I was wondering when he'd get his black belt actually and then I found out he got his black belt.

Again with this shit? GTFO.

It wasn't even Nog to gave him his black belt for fuck's sake.

How many times it must be repeated that JDS' BJJ coach is not Nog?

This is his coach, Ramon Lemos:

Check your sources before spewing shit.

Ramon or Nog its the same thing. But its good to see JDS taking BJJ seriously. Him and Rashad Evans being two black belts in BJJ, I would like to see them roll.

We will see how his BJJ is in the ring,

Cain talks about how during their 2nd fight he only pushed half speed on the throttle and that is why he lost. During their 3rd fight, he will push throttle full way, come forward and for sure win fight, no hold back in fight 3.

We shouldn't expect much from a poster who spelled EMELIANENKO wrong in his username

So his gameplan is to sprawl and brawl

Back