June Challenge: 400M sprints for 1 Mile

If possible fine a straight path of road that is 400m that you can use, i never thought a track would be much of an issue around here are a bunch at every highschool even some grade schools

Like the other guys said, it's not that there aren't tracks, they just aren't open to the public. I suppose I could do it on my road, but I don't know how accurate that would be. I've never tried any of these "map my run" sites, and 400m is a bit short for a car odometer.

Do you mind if I go av-less? I've done so ever since I dropped the Brad Morris av after his fight, and prefer it that way. I'm often on patchy/slow connections, anything I can do to cut down on graphics demands helps a bit. As you know, my heart's in the right place. I'm positively brimming with hate...

Do you mind if I go av-less? I've done so ever since I dropped the Brad Morris av after his fight, and prefer it that way. I'm often on patchy/slow connections, anything I can do to cut down on graphics demands helps a bit. As you know, my heart's in the right place. I'm positively brimming with hate...

Same as me youngster

Well i would like to keep this month a running focus, we haven't had one yet and i can't think of a more accurate way to make a challenge for running. Hill sprints are good but obviously every hill is different, distance could work but agin without a track it wouldn't be the same for everyone. If you're sprinting on a slight hill it should be fine as long as you are going one way then sprinting back.

XTrainer having no AV is fine, no worries? do you have them showing anyways? you can set up your preferences to not show AV's if you want... then you could have it and no bandwith issues :icon_chee

If you guys want a different challenge let me hear it but i would like to keep it outside and running based, we might as well enjoy summer while we can, cause burpees and pushups can be done anywhere

where did all you guys do the interval challenge?

I didn't for the same reason = no track. The annoying thing is that I'm really up for giving this a go. We used to have a 400 metre track nearby but that was knocked down about a year ago and isn't due to be open until the Autumn. I'm bummed over it, I actually really want to incorporate running and sprints into my routine.

Exactly, I didn't do the interval challenge either.

I'm all for having a running challenge, but it's hard without having a standard of distance. I'll try to think of something.

XTrainer having no AV is fine, no worries? do you have them showing anyways? you can set up your preferences to not show AV's if you want... then you could have it and no bandwith issues :icon_chee

If you guys want a different challenge let me hear it but i would like to keep it outside and running based, we might as well enjoy summer while we can, cause burpees and pushups can be done anywhere

I'm happy with the challenge as it is.

Can't you guys measure off a flat section of road somewhere? Wouldn't that work?

Why can't you guys find a track? Don't have any high schools or middle schools around you?

Why can't you guys find a track? Don't have any high schools or middle schools around you?

Exactly. Go in the evening after practice is over and hop the fence. You'll be in and out in under 15 minutes.

HS and middle school tracks, the YMCA always has some sort of track, go out in the boonies and measure a straight stretch, how big is a city block? Could that work?

This is doable, and I need to try it since my cardio is crappy, lol!

I'll see how bad it is, and maybe post it, lol!

Just remember, my score is gunna be crappy, I tend not to run well with these boobs in the way! ;)

Exactly. Go in the evening after practice is over and hop the fence. You'll be in and out in under 15 minutes.

Yes but he'll be unable to run away after...

400m sprints it is, find a track, find some road, whatever.

How can people not find tracks? I live in a small town and there's 3 of them; one at the high school, one at the middle school, one at the elementary school. All are open to the public at certain times.

You doods live in loser towns.

Back