June Challenge: 400M sprints for 1 Mile

Standard

Too dumb to learn, too stubborn to quit
@red
Reaction score
June Challenge:

400M sprints for 1 Mile (1,600M)

What to Do:

Find a track, perform 4, 400M sprints with 90 second downtime between attempts.

Rules:
  • This event will be based on time, start your watch at the start and end it when completed.
  • To make timing easier bring a piece of paper and record your time each lap, so lap one takes 1:02 to complete, right down the time and let the watch continue, start your next attempt at 2:32 and so on. When you're done subtract the downtime, should be 4:30 seonds and submit your score.
  • If you want to use laps on your watch to calculate your time that's fine, the paper is just a suggestion.
  • You must use all 1:30 of downtime between laps, this is not the best mile time it is the best 4, 400M sprints.
  • You can not take longer to recover then then 1:30 seconds between laps.
  • A treadmill is not a substitute for a track, it's june, it's warm almost everywhere you should have no excuses

Directions for Submission

Take your total time, less your downtime.

Example: 8:50 total time
Less 4:30 downtime
Run time: 4:20

Standard/4:20

Leaderboard

1. Cap'n/3:58
  2. erskine777/4:05
  3. phenomfan1529/4:14
  4. grrthetree/4:24
  5. Xtrainer/4:40
  6. Right Hand Lead/4:47
  7. tri4ben/4:56
  8. Brad Morris/4:58
  9. mschatz/5:10
  10. Rocked/6:16
  11. Bubble Boy/6:27
  12. Freeman102010/6:30
  13. Psych300/6:35
  14. JPC/6:37
  15. Stonebreaker/7:40
  16. Zero Crew/9:45

haha finally a fun challenge that I have a shot at placing in the top ten.

nice one, standard!!

I wish you had included rest time as part of this. I can survive off of minimal rest. Therefore improving my overall time.

Interesting. I'll have to track down a...track.

I wish you had included rest time as part of this. I can survive off of minimal rest. Therefore improving my overall time.

i figured people would try and go on minimal rest, you got 90 seconds no more no less between laps

This is a nice change of pace and I need to work my 400s anyway.

How do I join Team Standard?

Yeah i thought we should switch things up a little this month, got some other things in mind too.

Squat competition

This is a nice change of pace and I need to work my 400s anyway.

How do I join Team Standard?

I don't have a 400m track thats free :icon_cry2

I'm the same as Ian, no track nearby. I'm gonna have to get googling!.
Sprints are something that I really need to involve more in my training so this is a step in the right direction. Good challenge Standard, as always it sounds like hell.

edit - Ian does have a track nearby, he just doesnt want to pay for it! - tight arse! lol
J/K Ian :icon_chee

Shitting christ. This just isn't moral.

I don't have access to a track either, but I have a straight paved path through the park which I use for 400m's (measured fairly accurately with mapmyrun.com). Should be good enough.

Since a bunch of us, myself included, don't have access to a track, any chance of changing this month's challenge before a bunch of people do it? I love the idea of this challenge, it's just not very doable for a lot of us.

If possible fine a straight path of road that is 400m that you can use, i never thought a track would be much of an issue around here are a bunch at every highschool even some grade schools

XTrainer shouldn't you have an AV BTW?

everyone has restraining orders they wish not to share....

the Uni gym I work out at has got a brand new synthetic football/soccer feild and track area... that is closed to the public.

Part of the challenge for me will be getting my dwarf ass over the fence! :icon_twis

I'm the same as Ian, no track nearby. I'm gonna have to get googling!.
Sprints are something that I really need to involve more in my training so this is a step in the right direction. Good challenge Standard, as always it sounds like hell.

edit - Ian does have a track nearby, he just doesnt want to pay for it! - tight arse! lol
J/K Ian :icon_chee
Na, but you're right

I'm not paying (works out silly money) $11 to run around a track for less then 45 minutes.
FUCK TAK

If possible fine a straight path of road that is 400m that you can use, i never thought a track would be much of an issue around here are a bunch at every highschool even some grade schools

I could try near the gym that I'm doing hill sprints on later, only problem is about 200m is on a incline

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RJJFan
Back