Judo vs Wrestling sparring

Judo vs Sambo sparring
Another good sparring without MMA, crosstraining, striking and other things.

Last edited:
Nothing ever really gets answered in the more serious/competitive videos. They all work with such different rules and uniforms. It's like asking who wins, a rugby or gridiron player?

But, I really like the laid back sparring videos. They are lots of fun.

A sparring between true judo and true wrestling. No mma silly stikings or gloves, no silly cross training, no horrible no gi just two pure arts both in each uniform.
Enjoy it!

Clearly the wrestler is cross-trained. Chooses to be mounted instead of giving up his back, takes the Judoka's back at one point...

Nothing ever really gets answered in the more serious/competitive videos. They all work with such different rules and uniforms. It's like asking who wins, a rugby or gridiron player?
But, I really like the laid back sparring videos. They are lots of fun.
Like my other answers, just to share with you a style vs style video, without cross training, striking and bjj; just pure judo vs pure sambo

Clearly the wrestler is cross-trained. Chooses to be mounted instead of giving up his back, takes the Judoka's back at one point...
Maybe he is, maybe no. If he were crosstrained (in what?) he would have used pins, amrlocks, chokes. But thank to God it was a style vs style sparring.
I hate cross training, I hate to see judokas using striking or leg locks, wrestlers using chokes and arm locks/leg locks striking.
Kickboxers using knees, elbows and grappling.

Maybe he is, maybe no.

He clearly is. You've made several comments that sound like you don't understand any style you're raving about.

If he were crosstrained (in what?) he would have used pins, amrlocks, chokes. But thank to God it was a style vs style sparring.
I hate cross training, I hate to see judokas using striking or leg locks, wrestlers using chokes and arm locks/leg locks striking.
Kickboxers using knees, elbows and grappling.

What the fuck are you even talking about? If a wrestler was cross-trained he would have used pins? You hate to see kickboxers using knees and elbows?

What the fuck are you even talking about? If a wrestler was cross-trained he would have used pins? You hate to see kickboxers using knees and elbows?
Pure wrestling doesn't have pins (pins there are in judo, grappling and Japanese ju jitsu).
True kickboxing hasn't got knees and elbows; muay thai has them got.

without cross training, striking and bjj; just pure judo vs pure sambo

I'll reiterate my earlier question; what is it that interests you about this? Genuinely curious.

What is pure wrestling then? Since both freestyle and Greco Roman styles have pins.
In my opinion, pins are osaekomi waza in judo http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xZSpjsQbOvk/Vnx2wgXXFZI/AAAAAAAAEo4/ZkZlqPpSLrU/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/OSAEKOMI+WAZA.bmp
in freestyle or Greco-Roman wrestling there aren't those thechniques,

I'll reiterate my earlier question; what is it that interests you about this? Genuinely curious.
I love to see a pure style vs a a pure style; pros and cons when two styles face each other.
My interest is in martial arts pre UFC (judo, Japanese ju jitsu, aikido, shotokan karate, taekwondo, kickboxing, muay thai, sport sambo, kenpo, shaolin kung fu, jeet kune do, wrestling, boxing, ecc.) and style vs style sparring (pure judoka vs pure kickboxer; pure kung fu vs pure japanese jujitsuka, ecc.)

Last edited:
Pure wrestling doesn't have pins (pins there are in judo, grappling and Japanese ju jitsu).
True kickboxing hasn't got knees and elbows; muay thai has them got.

When i combine this paragraph with your inability to see the wrestler in the OP vid has been cross-trained, it's obvious that you don't know anything. What complete bullshit of a thread.

Pure wrestling doesn't have pins
MYoNk.gif

This might literally be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

Sorry; I never trained in wrestling, but I was told that when you land on your back, you lose the match immediatly; so I tought there weren't pins.

A great match between a wrestler and a judoka would have been Hideiko Yoshida vs Kevin Jackson in 1992.
Yoshida pure judoka, Jackson pure wrestler.
Both similar ages, both similar weight and height, both olympic and world champions.
The fight would have been in a UFC cage, Yoshida in judogi and using judo (throws, pins, chokes, armlocks), Jackson in singlet and using wrestling (throws and pins) without striking or cross training.

Thought you guys might like this.

Karo Parisyan and Leo Frincu (1994 Greco-Roman wrestling Junior World Champion), two super high level guys, not trying to see who is better, just trying to use perfect technique from their respective disciplines.

Last edited:
Obviously the experience level here is not equal. Not the best example.

Judo vs Sambo sparring

Another good sparring without MMA, crosstraining, striking and other things.

So weird to see Judoka in turtle and wide open like that and the Sambo guy not going for a RNC or a Darce. I guess Sambo guys really don't do chokes eh?

Thought you guys might like this.

Karo Parisyan and Leo Frincu (1994 Greco-Roman wrestling Junior World Champion), two super high level guys, not trying to see who is better, just trying to use perfect technique from their respective disciplines.

Ive seen this. Frincu looked great with those 2 throws he landed on Karo.

A great match between a wrestler and a judoka would have been Hideiko Yoshida vs Kevin Jackson in 1992.
Yoshida pure judoka, Jackson pure wrestler.
Both similar ages, both similar weight and height, both olympic and world champions.
The fight would have been in a UFC cage, Yoshida in judogi and using judo (throws, pins, chokes, armlocks), Jackson in singlet and using wrestling (throws and pins) without striking or cross training.
Jackson would've been allowed to wear his wrestling shoes as well. I was going to reply to you earlier in this thread and say as much as you want to see style vs style in the "purest" sense, really MMA is your best bet of scratching that itch. Especially MMA from around the turn of the century. Although unfortunately there is always a high probability of seeing something like Rulon Gardner vs Hidehiko Yoshida. You might like the following:
Randleman vs Nakamura
Hendo vs Arona
Chael vs Bryan Baker
Fedor vs Arona
Thiago Tavares vs Jason Black
Maximo Blanco vs Pat Healy
Karo vs Thiago Alves was pretty interesting bc it featured so many battles for position in the clinch. Both high level clinch fighters from totally different arts.

Back