Juan Archuleta vs Patchy Mix Bellator September 12th Vacant title

Austin Vanderford won’t compete during Bellator’s upcoming weekend of back-to-back shows.

One of Bellator’s rising middleweights, Vanderford is out of his scheduled Bellator 246 fight against Daniel Madrid. Now Massachusetts-based fighter Pat Casey is being targeted as his replacement to take on Madrid (17-6 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) on Sept. 12 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

A promotion official notified MMA Junkie of Vanderford being out for undisclosed reasons and the new targeted booking Friday.

Austin Vanderford won’t compete during Bellator’s upcoming weekend of back-to-back shows.

One of Bellator’s rising middleweights, Vanderford is out of his scheduled Bellator 246 fight against Daniel Madrid. Now Massachusetts-based fighter Pat Casey is being targeted as his replacement to take on Madrid (17-6 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) on Sept. 12 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

A promotion official notified MMA Junkie of Vanderford being out for undisclosed reasons and the new targeted booking Friday.
First they lose Campos vs Huerta and now Vanderford vs Madrid... this isnt looking too good.

I’m excited for this one. UFC put on a shit sandwich so me and the boys will be watching this.

The UFC has lost 2 fights the day of their event and like 4 fights in total. Bellator has lost 2 in the week leading up to the event, wtf is going on, seriously. Do some protocols need to change or are we just not supposed to be holding events right now?

I’m excited for this one. UFC put on a shit sandwich so me and the boys will be watching this.
UFC Fight Night 117 is pure dog shit. That card looks like a combination between Invicta and the LFA. Waterson vs Hill are headlining, that should tell you how the rest of the card looks like. (3 WMMA fights and 2 fights between very unranked guys)
Bellator's card looks better on paper but they lost Huerta vs Campos, (which isnt that bad considering nobody cares about Huerta anymore) but got a decent replacement. They recently also lost Vanderford vs Madrid, hopefully they boost the card with other fights.
That September 12 date seems to be cursed for MMA events.

Last edited:
First they lose Campos vs Huerta and now Vanderford vs Madrid... this isnt looking too good.
training at ATT Florida is going to be awesome for his career, but Florida has had 30x the number of covid cases compared to Oregon. Unfortunately for him and his wife this is a reality and a risk when it comes to living and training there

training at ATT Florida is going to be awesome for his career, but Florida has had 30x the number of covid cases compared to Oregon. Unfortunately for him and his wife this is a reality and a risk when it comes to living and training there
Very unfortunate, I think I had told you how high Im on Vanderford, I was looking forward to this fight.

Very unfortunate, I think I had told you how high Im on Vanderford, I was looking forward to this fight.
me too. I’m bummed I don’t get to work with him as much but still see that world champ potential there. He’ll bounce back, and I wonder if it’s possible to get him to Europe like he was supposed to before covid?

The UFC has lost 2 fights the day of their event and like 4 fights in total. Bellator has lost 2 in the week leading up to the event, wtf is going on, seriously. Do some protocols need to change or are we just not supposed to be holding events right now?

Bellator are just holding less events, the UFC have had a few cards that weren't too damaged. UFC are also running cards with more fights and more fighters from various places. Bellator are going to get their share of ones with people dropping out all over the place unfortunately.

At the moment I tend to not believe two fighters are going to fight until they're actually in the cage.

COV19 testing are jokes! They are hit and miss! Many guys will get false positives!

COV19 testing are jokes! They are hit and miss! Many guys will get false positives!
Vanderford and the wifey are both really sick, though. I'm bummed he's out of that fight, as I think he has serious potential, but I'm pumped for this main event.

MAIN CARD (Paramount, DAZN, 10 p.m. ET)

• Juan Archuleta (134.6) vs. Patchy Mix (135) – for vacant bantamweight title
  • Jon Fitch (170.4) vs. Neiman Gracie (170.8)
  • DeAnna Bennett (131.7)* vs. Liz Carmouche (125.5)
  • Derek Campos (154) vs. Keoni Diggs (157)**
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 8:15 p.m. ET)

• Daniel Madrid (184.4) vs. Pat Casey (185.6)
  • Ty Gwerder (184.2) vs. George Tokkos (186)
  • Davion Franklin (264.7) vs. Ras Hylton (245.5)

Back