JRE: A story involving BJ Penn, 40Gs, and a dead hooker

sidecheckkick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JRE Episode #317:
David Choe is a friend of the owner of the clothing company RVCA, a longtime sponsor of BJ Penn, was asked to make a trip on March of 2006 for UFC 58 in Las Vegas, to do two things:

1. Deliver a pair of RVCA walk-out pants to BJ

2. Place a $40,000 bet on BJ to win the fight (vs Georges St-Pierre)

The story as Choe tells it, is that the night of the weigh-ins (the day before the fight), a man in the hotel room next to BJ's (the guy wasn't associated with BJ's team in anyway, the best that I can gather) had strangled a 21 year-old hooker, and left her dead body in the hallway... right in front of BJ's room. "Even though they knew he (BJ) didn't do it, they took him in for questioning, that day" he added.

Choe goes on to say that he called his buddy to ask if he still wanted to place to the bet on BJ winning the fight, because he "might be a little fucked up".

He placed the bet anyway, and BJ went on to lose the decision.

How's that fro a pre-fight day distraction?

Joe Rogan has told some pretty crazy fighter stories on JRE. I remember him telling a crazy story involving some kind of orgy (?) and an monster wrestler whom he didn't name, but I'm pretty sure is Mark Coleman. Can't remember which episode.

Last edited:
Damm thats some crazy shit, I thought bj won the first fight. I would be pissed if i lost 40 gs on that

Joe Rogan has told some pretty crazy fighter stories on JRE. I remember him telling a crazy orgy story involving some kind of orgy and an monster wrestler whom he didn't name, but I'm pretty sure is Mark Coleman. Can't remember which episode.
Not sure if this is the same story or not, but it's entertaining AF:

JRE Episode #317:
David Choe is a friend of the owner of the clothing company RVCA, a longtime sponsor of BJ Penn, was asked to make a trip on March of 2006 for UFC 58 in Las Vegas, to do two things:

1. Deliver a pair of RVCA walk-out pants to BJ

2. Place a $40,000 bet on BJ to win the fight (vs Georges St-Pierre)

The story as Choe tells it, is that the night of the weigh-ins (the day before the fight), a man in the hotel room next to BJ's (the guy wasn't associated with BJ's team in anyway, the best that I can gather) had strangled a 21 year-old hooker, and left her dead body in the hallway... right in front of BJ's room. "Even though they knew he (BJ) didn't do it, they took him in for questioning, that day" he added.

Choe goes on to say that he called his buddy to ask if he still wanted to place to the bet on BJ winning the fight, because he "might be a little fucked up".

He placed the bet anyway, and BJ went on to lose the decision.

How's that fro a pre-fight day distraction?

Yes, I knew it....HE WAS MOTIVATED FOR THAT FIGHT!

That stupid dead hooker ruined it! I bet GSPs fans/team arranged it to screw with him! All these years I knew BJ should have destroyed GSP!

BJ wins that fight in RD 1 via spinning heel kick if not for that dead hooker shit.

Finally, another BJ Penn story that helps me slip further into delusion.

29ei3ow.jpg

I bet it was this mf'er

dammmm with those odds i would have bet on GSP for sure

David Choe is a crazy fucking wildman. His Thumbs Up series where he hitchhikes across america and a later season in fucking china without knowing a word of chinese is one of the most entertaining things I have ever seen. I like it better than his art TBH.

David Choe is a crazy fucking wildman. His Thumbs Up series where he hitchhikes across america and a later season in fucking china without knowing a word of chinese is one of the most entertaining things I have ever seen. I like it better than his art TBH.

Dude, agree 110%. Choe is rad. I got to watch those again.

Lol its funny because Choe has more money than Conor gives a fuck even less. If you didn't know who he was you'd never guess how loaded he is.

Anyway that is one crazy fuck up story.

Guy is worth like 200 million and plays drums for Die Antwoord. He's living the life.

Yeah his Facebook/shares deal story is amazing.

Wait what? lol. I didn't know that lol. I'm a drummer! I gotta find some footage on YT if I can, so bad ass. Thanks for the heads up!

That stupid dead hooker ruined it! I bet GSPs fans/team arranged it to screw with him! All these years I knew BJ should have destroyed GSP!

BJ wins that fight in RD 1 via spinning heel kick if not for that dead hooker shit.

Ehm... what?

Ehm... what?
What there not to get?

It was clear that BJ should have won that fight, in light of this dead hooker revelation I will be setting up a petition to see the result changed to a no contest.

BJ came into that fight motivated, probably trained properly for the first time in his life and someone...(i am not making accusation against GSP, his team or his fans) left a hooker outside his hotel room to distract him from the fight.

What there not to get?

It was clear that BJ should have won that fight, in light of this dead hooker revelation I will be setting up a petition to see the result changed to a no contest.

BJ came into that fight motivated, probably trained properly for the first time in his life and someone...(i am not making accusation against GSP, his team or his fans) left a hooker outside his hotel room to distract him from the fight.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or ironic, but both failed. It was just a funny BJ Penn story, not implying anything like that what so ever.

"No dead hooker in the hallway" + "Motivated" BJ beats GSP 10/10.

Ufc 100 lesnar
Healthy shogun
Chuck with that look in his eye
Alive and well sex worker BJ?

Back