Opinion Journalists you respect

What's sad(and was expected) is all of the Liberals/Democrats here who either can't or are too chickenshit/embarrassed to post an honest reply, instead resorting to the usual deflecting and 'insults'.

Just off the top of my head:

Symone Sanders
Rachel Maddow
Tucker Carlson
Don Lemon
Bill O'reiley
Joy Reid
Chris Cuomo
Jim Acosta
Laura Ingrahm
Sean Hannity
Jesse Watters
Jen Psaki

Ryan & Emily > Krystal & Saagar

They have good content but dude I can't listen to Ryan talk for more than 10 mins. Guy has such a boring way of talking.

I'll usually power through it though because he does have good points.

Last edited:
What's sad(and was expected) is all of the Liberals/Democrats here who either can't or are too chickenshit/embarrassed to post an honest reply, instead resorting to the usual deflecting and 'insults'.
It's kinda hard not to insult people who when asked to list journalists instead list a bunch of talking heads because they're too stupid to know the difference. It is pretty reprehensible that most people don't know the difference and shit on the profession because of their ignorance.

What's really sad is many yanks are so brainwashed you don't seem to know what investigative journalism is, how important it is and how dangerous it can be for anyone doing real journalism.

This post was ignored and didn't receive a single reaction before I entered the thread.
Well... getting murdered is a pretty sure sign they were going above and beyond to do their job, so there's a list right there.
Especially those killed in "Zones of Peace".

Journalists covering important matters are some of the closest thing we have to real life heroes and reporting on the abuse of power from the powerful is an incredibly dangerous profession which has real consequences to themself, their friends, their families and their sources. Often horrifically murdered.

Not all the answers in this thread are horrible... but most of them are.

Anyways here's some:
Daphne_caruana_galizia.jpg

Daphne Caruana Galizia: One of the lead investigative journalists behind the massive tax avoidance perpetuated by the rich and powerful in the Panama Papers.

Killed when her car was bombed.

1*T8BUuAIGK2lAxQXsb3etIw.png

Pamela Montenegro: Satirical Youtube personality who was murdered in her restaurant for doing content around Mexican politicians and their ties to cartels.

image560x340cropped_362.jpg

Shireen Abu Akleh: Palestinian-American Journalist shot dead by the IDF while wearing a press vest just like the one in this photo.

Oh and then they attacked mourners at her funeral:

To balance out the sexes and list one not actually murdered (yet) here's one from my home country (Australia) he's only been sued multiple times, tracked and harassed by anti terrorist police and survived an attempt on his life when his house was firebombed.

Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
James O'Keefe
Lee Fang
Any journalists that will go after big comments and the government regardless of where they stand political gets my respect.
Pretty much these.

I can't tell you how many I used to respect and don't anymore though. Most recently, Kyle Kulinski and Krystal Ball. Once they hooked up, they've been insufferable to be and are full on Biden cheerleaders.

I don't agree with everything the above say but they don't seem to be afraid to go after either side and try to be actual journalists.

To balance out the sexes and list one not actually murdered (yet) here's one from my home country (Australia) he's only been sued multiple times, tracked and harassed by anti terrorist police and survived an attempt on his life when his house was firebombed.

On a positive note, while threatening friends and family and firebombing his house did in fact get him to take down the "Coronation" video about the involvement of the Nahas property developers, the Alameddine crime family and former members of the NSW LNP, that only seems to have dramatically amplified the message.

It's kinda hard not to insult people who when asked to list journalists instead list a bunch of talking heads because they're too stupid to know the difference. It is pretty reprehensible that most people don't know the difference and shit on the profession because of their ignorance.

What's really sad is many yanks are so brainwashed you don't seem to know what investigative journalism is, how important it is and how dangerous it can be for anyone doing real journalism.

This post was ignored and didn't receive a single reaction before I entered the thread.

Journalists covering important matters are some of the closest thing we have to real life heroes and reporting on the abuse of power from the powerful is an incredibly dangerous profession which has real consequences to themself, their friends, their families and their sources. Often horrifically murdered.

Anyways here's some:

Daphne Caruana Galizia: One of the lead investigative journalists behind the massive tax avoidance perpetuated by the rich and powerful in the Panama Papers.

Pamela Montenegro: Satirical Youtube personality who was murdered in her restaurant for doing content around Mexican politicians and their ties to cartels.

Shireen Abu Akleh: Palestinian-American Journalist shot dead by the IDF while wearing a press vest just like the one in this photo.

Good time to remember Panama Papers uncovered a monstruous network of money laundering reaching to the highest levels, and nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cid
On a positive note, while threatening friends and family and firebombing his house did in fact get him to take down the "Coronation" video about the involvement of the Nahas property developers, the Alameddine crime family and former members of the NSW LNP, that only seems to have dramatically amplified the message.
Here's hoping for a Streisand effect.

Almost 200k views in 4 days. Already watched it but put it on while doing shit out in the backyard.

Good time to remember Panama Papers uncovered a monstruous network of money laundering reaching to the highest levels, and nothing happened.
That's not true. That one guy got 4 years. :mad:

It's like the GFC all over again.

P.S was ok with calling it a menstruous network <45>

Here's hoping for a Streisand effect.

Almost 200k views in 4 days. Already watched it but put it on while doing shit out in the backyard.

The fact he took it down is getting some national media coverage, which is more than you can say about local coverage of the initial story, and as you point out it's being commented on and reuploaded internationally. Putting it well beyond the reach of a few bent characters in Sydney, and no doubt bringing some more embarrassment for the local police force.
Even Sydney has it's limit, as the recent passing in prison of Roger "The Dodger" Rogerson should remind them.

LOL respect?
That went out the windows years ago.
I remember when investigating journalism was a thing and journalist was not political hacks trying to force feed you what ever they believed in.

I have as much respect for journalists as I do for uses car sales men.
Janne Josefsson was alrite. For a journo

Anyways here's some:

Excellent post, trouble is it will go right over chud heads..

Louis Theroux because he's one of the few who seems to approach everything without an agenda and is genuinely open minded. He gets far more out of his interviews by just being generally interested in finding out more about people imo.

If I want someone to grill someone give me Jeremy Paxman, he'd drill the shit out of anyone, doesn't matter what political party they come from.

Back