• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Joshua vs ....... June 1st MSG DAZN

Top 4 are who?
Fury
Wilder
AJ
Ortiz

Which guys have fought each other on this list? Which guys promoter keeps low balling Wilder to avoid risk which bamboozling the fans like Michael Carbanaro?

Lol how is Ortiz the best guy outside of the top 3. His best win is Cunningham ffs. He’s fought 1 top fighter and got knocked out

I think Deontay thought he was. And as you know as the fight got closer a bunch of us were picking Tyson. A bunch of us also thought he would be in a better position had he continued with warrens plan of do 4 fights then a big one. We still picked him anyways. And I do give wilder credit for being smart. A bunch of us have said that too.

But his team imo thought it was gonna be easier than it was. I did say that back when it went down.

It's been mentioned that no one ever has come back like Tyson has.. So there is that too.

Based on the fact that negotiations would’ve started before the pianetta fight, they most certainly thought they were catching him cold! From their point of view it is a smart move, but it certainly wasn’t a brave decision, considering he was also negotiating with Joshua. wilder chose to fight fury over Joshua!

Another great vid. I like how Curmel is the youngest, but gives the most eloquent, thoughtful response!

Has Chris had a run in with Miller in the past? He mentioned Miller didn't kick his ass, so I take it they sparred at some point, but from his body language and words, it sounded like something more had taken place.

Lol how is Ortiz the best guy outside of the top 3. His best win is Cunningham ffs. He’s fought 1 top fighter and got knocked out
I would think the clearly no4 ranked guy would be whyte. Surely whyte has done enough at this point.

Ortiz got beat by wilder and just looked crap against Travis kaufman..

Whites beaten Browne parker and chisora in his last 3. Whyte has to be number 4..

Another great vid. I like how Curmel is the youngest, but gives the most eloquent, thoughtful response!

Has Chris had a run in with Miller in the past? He mentioned Miller didn't kick his ass, so I take it they sparred at some point, but from his body language and words, it sounded like something more had taken place.
curmel is awesome. sweet kid and the best boxer i have ever seen at that age. hopefully he sticks with it.

as for chris, i dont know what was with him that day. that was all out of character. maybe he was just trying to have personality for the camera. he does not even know miller. On a side note, his is referee Richard Steele's nephew

thanks for the kind words

Last edited:
I would think the clearly no4 ranked guy would be whyte. Surely whyte has done enough at this point.

Ortiz got beat by wilder and just looked crap against Travis kaufman..

Whites beaten Browne parker and chisora in his last 3. Whyte has to be number 4..
Whyte is EASILY no.4, anyone that claims otherwise is fucking retarded! Whyte should have had his shot against Wilder ages ago, instead he gets leap frogged by Breazeale, a man he could beat with one arm tied behind his back. Boxing politics is a joke.

Ah man, I don't like that.
I mean, is the Top Rank card on ESPN or ESPN+, if it's on ESPN it's going to get more viewers than the DAZN card just by the sheer number of viewers that have ESPN as compared to DAZN, which i've heard, in NA isn't that great yet.

Dude, he's a massive wilder fan, but unlike yourself, is able to look at the records and come up with a sensible answer, that lacks serious bias. Literally everything you have said on this thread is a contradiction. You seem unable to make a judgement call based on facts:

Wilders best wins:
Ortiz
Stiverne

Furys best wins:
Wlad
Chisora
Cunningham

Joshuas best wins:
Wlad
Whyte
Parker
Povetkin

Not only this, but just look at how many top WBC contenders AJ has faced compared to Wilder. He's actually fought more and its not even his belt!

Not only this, but just look at how many top WBC contenders AJ has faced compared to Wilder. He's actually fought more and its not even his belt!
WBC top 15 contenders.

AJ has faced:
#1 Whyte
#4 Breazeale
#6 Parker
#7 Povetkin
#11 Takam
#14 Martin

Wilder has faced:
#2 Fury
#3 Ortiz

Not to mention AJ has offered to fight Ortiz next if he can't get a fight with Wilder or Fury. He might as well have the WBC belt as he would have actually consistently defended it against contenders lol

Hmmm......

What are the odds on Miller?

Top 4 are who?
Fury
Wilder
AJ
Ortiz

Which guys have fought each other on this list?

I think Ring had Fury at no7 before the Wilder fight and tbh that was generous considering all he'd done in 3 years was beat Seferi and Pianeta. Ortiz was lower ranked when Wilder fought him than Povetkin and Parker when AJ fought them.

Like I said. In the 90s american boxers still were the best in the world. Then Lewis and Klitschko came and took over. Americans stopped caring about heavyweight boxing pretending "heavyweight boxing is dead and boring" because suddenly the belts were oversees. They still all came to watch every Mayweather fight though despite him being one of the most boring champions (Not saying he wasn't a phenomenal boxer). He was american and the best in the world though so that's why he was that big over there. The second Wilder wins the belts, heavyweight boxing will be big again there.

Right after the Wilder/Fury fight I saw a vid of some US sports show, think it was from ESPN, and the talking heads on there were like "HW boxing is finally alive again". Because, you know, it was dead when AJ/Wlad took place in front of 90'000 people and did significantly more PPV buys nearly 2 years prior. Its the whole "if its not happening in the US, its not happening" thing.

People always go on about other sports killing it but they were still there in the 90s?

The NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL were already fucking huge in the 90s and were obviously getting a larger share of American HW sized athletes than boxing. The same thing applies in other countries too. Joshua, Fury, Whyte et al are pulled from a pretty small pool, most of the HW sized pro athletes in the UK are in union and league. Parker is literally from the rugby mecca. Basketball is big in a lot of mainland Europe. Hockey is big in Russia, Northern Europe and parts of Eastern Europe etc etc. Its a tired excuse. Boxing isnt a priority anywhere.

Last edited:
Lennox seems to have an agenda against AJ tbh.

As much as I like Lennox and think hes a level above AJ, I can definitely see motives for potential butthurt on his part. Joshua is a national hero whereas Lennox was never really fully accepted in the UK (or the US for that matter). Plus before AJ came along Lennox was in a party of one when it came to elite HWs from the UK.

Rumours going round that Miller has suffered a cut in training and is considering pulling out. Pulev is apparently on stand by.
Personally I'm not sure how bad a cut would have to be to pull out three months from the fight, so probs bs, but seen it mentioned from a few different sources.

Rumours going round that Miller has suffered a cut in training and is considering pulling out. Pulev is apparently on stand by.
Personally I'm not sure how bad a cut would have to be to pull out three months from the fight, so probs bs, but seen it mentioned from a few different sources.
Where did you see that?

Back