News Joshua vs Dubois September 21st

Usyk wasn't forced to vacate. He voluntarily gave up his IBF title for Joshua & Dubois to contest it. Nobody will wonder who the top heavyweight is. That's already been established.

I mean he didn't give it up on threat of his children's lives or anything, but he, to all in intents and purposes, was forced to vacate yes.

I mean he didn't give it up on threat of his children's lives or anything, but he, to all in intents and purposes, was forced to vacate yes.
It seems you haven't followed any of the recent developments regarding the matter then. Originally they were supposed to strip Usyk of the IBF title just two weeks after he beat Fury for undisputed. What happened instead was that Team Usyk requested an exemption from having to fight his mandatory at the time, Hrgovic, next since he was already contractually obligated to rematch Fury.

Not only did the IBF not strip Usyk they created an interim title for Dubois vs Hrgovic. Dubois won that fight and just became Usyk's mandatory. The IBF had already given Usyk permission to defend the title against Fury in the rematch which isn't until December. Usyk chose to vacate it voluntarily which was quite unexpected. Notice in the video he said it was a "present" to Joshua & Dubois. He wasn't forced to vacate.

Why was Oleksandr Usyk allowed to keep his IBF belt?

It seems you haven't followed any of the recent developments regarding the matter then. Originally they were supposed to strip Usyk of the IBF title just two weeks after he beat Fury for undisputed. What happened instead was that Team Usyk requested an exemption from having to fight his mandatory at the time, Hrgovic, next since he was already contractually obligated to rematch Fury.

Not only did the IBF not strip Usyk they created an interim title for Dubois vs Hrgovic. Dubois won that fight and just became Usyk's mandatory. The IBF had already given Usyk permission to defend the title against Fury in the rematch which isn't until December. Usyk chose to vacate it voluntarily which was quite unexpected. Notice in the video he said it was a "present" to Joshua & Dubois. He wasn't forced to vacate.

Why was Oleksandr Usyk allowed to keep his IBF belt?

Definitely nothing gone on behind the scenes there.

Definitely nothing gone on behind the scenes there.
Let's pretend for a second that Usyk didn't willingly vacate with Dubois his new mandatory. Is the IBF going to say that Dubois has been waiting forever for his shot? No, because he just became his mando weeks ago. Better yet even Usyk already beat him only 10 months ago.

In other words the mandatory pressure isn't why he voluntarily handed over the title. He explains in the video that it was a present for the winner because he knows how important it is to them. He already became undisputed. That's done.

Let's pretend for a second that Usyk didn't willingly vacate with Dubois his new mandatory. Is the IBF going to say that Dubois has been waiting forever for his shot? No, because he just became his mando weeks ago. Better yet even Usyk already beat him only 10 months ago.

In other words the mandatory pressure isn't why he voluntarily handed over the title. He explains in the video that it was a present for the winner because he knows how important it is to them. He already became undisputed. That's done.

It was a present as a result of a Turki phone call most likely. Alalshikh runs boxing right now.

He can also become a 2x Undisputed Champ now.

He can also become a 2x Undisputed Champ now.
Yes, at heavyweight, but he's technically already a 2x undisputed champ. A two-division champ that is. I think relinquishing the IBF title just to win it back against a guy he's already beaten would be a weak move.

Yes, at heavyweight, but he's technically already a 2x undisputed champ. A two-division champ that is. I think relinquishing the IBF title just to win it back against a guy he's already beaten would be a weak move.
I meant 2X HW Undisputed.

I meant 2X HW Undisputed.
I know. Like I said before I doubt he does a Joshua trilogy. He'll be 38 if it ever happens and that's assuming he beats Fury in the rematch. If he doesn't then there's no point talking about it. He should just retire if he loses.

So history books will see Joshua as a 3x world champion...........I wonder if even Joshua will believe it.

He’s gotta win the fight yet. And tbh it’s likely even if he doesn’t. Fury won’t fight him, usyk will retire at least a couple of years before Joshua and he’s easily the best of the rest at the moment.

He’s gotta win the fight yet. And tbh it’s likely even if he doesn’t. Fury won’t fight him, usyk will retire at least a couple of years before Joshua and he’s easily the best of the rest at the moment.

I am thinking Usyk retires after the Fury fight....though he did suggest he might take a fight at CW, which would be a weird choice.

Fury might quit too, tbh. Hell the rematch might not evem happen.

Think the notion that Fury is ducking Joshua is BS. Pretty sure he would have fought him already, but Wilder refused to step aside so we got Fury/Wilder 3 instead.

I am thinking Usyk retires after the Fury fight....though he did suggest he might take a fight at CW, which would be a weird choice.

Fury might quit too, tbh. Hell the rematch might not evem happen.

Think the notion that Fury is ducking Joshua is BS. Pretty sure he would have fought him already, but Wilder refused to step aside so we got Fury/Wilder 3 instead.

Hes said himself he’d never fight Joshua when him and wilder were having their trio of fights. The nonsense offer for a fight, (sign the contract in a week) within a couple of months after Joshua second loss to usyk, where he actually ended up defending against chisora instead. Anyone with half a brain cell saw through that. Certainly not a genuine fight offer

What has fury ever done to make the fight and when has he ever taken a real risk when he hasn’t had to? His resume speaks volumes. He even delayed the usyk fight for a year and a half, and who did he fight instead - a boxing novice and a fighter he’d beaten easily twice before!
It may happen but that is only because the Saudis currently run Hw boxing and they want this fight to happen. Even then I think it’s 50/50

Last edited:
Hes said himself he’d never fight Joshua when him and wilder were having their trio of fights. The nonsense offer for a fight, (sign the contract in a week) within a couple of months after Joshua second loss to usyk, where he actually ended up defending against chisora instead. Anyone with half a brain cell saw through that. Certainly not a genuine fight offer

What has fury ever done to make the fight and when has he ever taken a real risk when he hasn’t had to? His resume speaks volumes. He even delayed the usyk fight for a year and a half, and who did he fight instead - a boxing novice and a fighter he’d beaten easily twice before!
It may happen but that is only because the Saudis currently run Hw boxing and they want this fight to happen. Even then I think it’s 50/50
Yep. Fury did duck Joshua. That much is clear from their last round of "negotiations." Now that Fury has lost his 0 I think he'll be open to taking it. Especially given how much the Saudis want that fight. They'd pay him another fortune. I favor Joshua, I think he stops him.

Yep. Fury did duck Joshua. That much is clear from their last round of "negotiations." Now that Fury has lost his 0 I think he'll be open to taking it. Especially given how much the Saudis want that fight. They'd pay him another fortune. I favor Joshua, I think he stops him.

Dubois beating Joshua, or fury retiring are the only reasons for this not happening with the Saudis bankrolling HW boxing. You may well be right about the 0. Or if he beats usyk in the rematch does he retire at the top and not risk another loss.

Joshua and usyk are the only 2 guys that can beat him, outside of a punchers chance. I’ve always thought Joshua would catch fury at some point, and Joshua is a better finisher than anyone he’s fought. I think he stops him as well. Tyson is the better boxer but he isn’t the defensive wizard some used to claim. I’d bet even he thinks that this is 50/50ish

Just watched an interview with Dubois and warren on sky sports. Daniel’s being very respectful. Joshua apparently threatened to hit him with a chair at a recent face off so there’s obviously some needle between them. Maybe the sparring stories have gotten under AJs skin

Just watched an interview with Dubois and warren on sky sports. Daniel’s being very respectful. Joshua apparently threatened to hit him with a chair at a recent face off so there’s obviously some needle between them. Maybe the sparring stories have gotten under AJs skin

Is kinda funny Joshua’s reputation was at an all time low about 10 months ago, then nice showings against limit Wallin and Ngannou have seemingly rebuilt his aura.

12 months ago few gave him much of a chance vs Wilder let alone Fury.

Guilty of following the hype myself. In boxing reputations can be made or lost very quickly.

AJ should beat DD, but it’s certainly not a given.

Think now is just about the only time in the last 10 years I’d probably pick AJ over Fury.

Back