News Joshua vs Dubois September 21st

Is kinda funny Joshua’s reputation was at an all time low about 10 months ago, then nice showings against limit Wallin and Ngannou have seemingly rebuilt his aura.

12 months ago few gave him much of a chance vs Wilder let alone Fury.

Guilty of following the hype myself. In boxing reputations can be made or lost very quickly.

AJ should beat DD, but it’s certainly not a given.

Think now is just about the only time in the last 10 years I’d probably pick AJ over Fury.

We all buy in to fighters hype at some point. Ortiz, wilders and furys hype is all intrinsically linked and only fury is a proven top fighter out of those. Wilder only ever had a punchers chance against Joshua. And he’s the same fighter he always was, he’s just fighting better opposition now due to the Saudi money. People saying he’s now gun shy, well there’s a reason, he’s fighting guys that will punish him for being reckless. The only time he really let his hands go in his last 2 fights, it got him knocked out

Fury vs Joshua was always a close fight imo. Nothings really changed other than perception. Joshua is exactly the same fighter he was before, if there is any difference it’s mental as his confidence is high at the moment. If they fight i can see periods where fury outbox’s Joshua but if Joshua catches him like either usyk or wilder, he probably gets stopped. As long as he beats Dubois the Saudis will be pushing for him to fight fury next, that much is obvious

They just don't like each other. A couple years back AJ made a great motivational speech leading up to the Usyk rematch. It's hilarious. Turn your audio up before you listen.

Im not sure there’s any real dislike there tbh. Most of the boxers in and around London know each other well and do get on. Even rivals, it’s a big city but a fairly tight knit boxing community. I think Joshua is pissed at the sparring stories, even though it’s Dubois that’s played it down recently. He did try to intimidate and big brother Dubois in that clip, and daniel ain’t having none of it. This is gonna be a good fight whilst it last

Im not sure there’s any real dislike there tbh. Most of the boxers in and around London know each other well and do get on. Even rivals, it’s a big city but a fairly tight knit boxing community. I think Joshua is pissed at the sparring stories, even though it’s Dubois that’s played it down recently. He did try to intimidate and big brother Dubois in that clip, and daniel ain’t having none of it. This is gonna be a good fight whilst it last
I haven't heard the sparring stories? Or maybe I did years back and forgot. Whatever happened there I only give Dubois a puncher's chance. He's way too easy to find with the right hand and AJ has a devastating one.

I haven't heard the sparring stories? Or maybe I did years back and forgot. Whatever happened there I only give Dubois a puncher's chance. He's way too easy to find with the right hand and AJ has a devastating one.
he was rumoured to drop AJ in sparring, years ago when he was coming up. i saw an interview with him, the interviewer mentioned the rumours about it, dubois replied "that's what they say". it sounded like confirmation to me, and i honestly don't see why it wouldn't be true. DD is a big motherfucker with legit power, and shit happens in training.

neither one of these fellas is especially iron chinned, they both pack a lot more power than they can take. i do think joshua is the far better boxer today, so i'd bet on him getting the better shots in there and taking dubois out.

fun fight regardless.

he was rumoured to drop AJ in sparring, years ago when he was coming up. i saw an interview with him, the interviewer mentioned the rumours about it, dubois replied "that's what they say". it sounded like confirmation to me, and i honestly don't see why it wouldn't be true. DD is a big motherfucker with legit power, and shit happens in training.

neither one of these fellas is especially iron chinned, they both pack a lot more power than they can take. i do think joshua is the far better boxer today, so i'd bet on him getting the better shots in there and taking dubois out.

fun fight regardless.
I see. Yeah sparring is sparring. AJ's been hurt multiple times there. Reportedly David Price knocked him out in practice but nobody in their right mind would pick even the best version of Price to beat AJ in a fight. Hrgovic recently thought he was big shit for beating up Dubois in sparring and went into the fight so confident he was practically delusional. Look at how that turned out for him. He got stopped.

I'm expecting a dog fight like Frank Bruno vs. Lennox Lewis.

Could well be I just thought may start out tentative with both wary of each other's power.
It might start out that way but it won't last long. This is a match-up between two big punchers with high finish rates and both have shown plenty of vulnerability. Whoever lands big first most likely wins.

It might start out that way but it won't last long. This is a match-up between two big punchers with high finish rates and both have shown plenty of vulnerability. Whoever lands big first most likely wins.
One thing is for sure will be exciting.

Usyk gonna vacate, win back, vacate, win back, enough times so he can do Booker T's: I am the five time, five time, five time, five time, five time, WCW champion.

Dubois is going to get fucking battered, he ate so many right hands against Hrgovic, he may be able to eat one or two against Joshua...then he will call it quits

Back