Josh Thomson on JRE says that Conor did things to Khabib that no other fighter has ever done

pretty lame, these fighters cant hang with seasoned sherbros like myself

he says that khabib struggled with the takedown like he hadnt before, we here all know about the gleison fight gtfo

also khabib doesnt ever get every takedown, just like noone lands 100% of their strikes. this is piss poor analysis, below CTE level. dude is blabbering like he has ADDHD as well, was probably doing lines of alpha brain before the show

Josh Thomson knows what's up. A man with unquestionable knowledge on MMA.

Conor didnt win the 3rd. People , including the judges , gave it to Conor becouse he didnt look terrible

This is how you can tell who the haters are, considering Khabib got outstruck more than two to one in that round.

Didnt he also say a while back, Khabib told him Conor has serious grip strength, when he got wrist control. I think it was on his podcast.

Don't you mean to say "Conor told him Khabib has serious grip strength"?

If you ain't cheating, you aint trying hard enough. Conor tried it all, and all he needed was a bit of luck to kick in, like always. But that time luck didn't answer the call. That's why people say - better luck next time!

there are always two sides to this though.

To give you an example. When I used to help fighters train, they would spar with us, but they could not attack, only defend.
That would mean that it would be easy for me to just dish out some punishment, right?
Quite the opposite. If your opponent only defends, he is much harder to hit, since he won't open up.

Now, some people are noting the illegal things Conor did, but I think it goes far beyond that.
A wrestler many times would welcome a takedown attempt thinking he would be able to stop, reverse it or even scramble and take a good position.
In this sense, it is easier for Khabib to take down that person rather than take down someone who's sole intent is to not get taken down at any cost. And it will take a lot more energy as well, since the well versed wrestlers/ground fighters would not panic and would try to find an opening to, again, reverse it or even find a choke from the bottom.
A guy like Conor would use all his energy attempting to get out.
So when you add the illegal things Conor did, it is no wonder that Khabib had to take a break from it for a bit.

Besides, I don't know how much was the old taunting/macho thing where he wanted to show Conor he could stay standing against him and survive (while COnor couldn't stay in the ground as we saw)...

the world is more complex than the simplistic "he won a round against Khabib, he must be better than everyone Khabib faced"...

...then again, these same people were claiming that Conor did better against Floyd than Manny Pacquiao did.... so Conor must be much better than Manny @ boxing, right???
<seedat>

Last edited:
I really don't understand the dicksucking going on.

Khabib chose to stand that round, and had a more meaningful impact that round than Conor did. Conor threw more punches, but Khabib landed the better quality punches.

Judges scoring has never good or credible. Just because they gave him a round doesn't mean he won it. There has been tons of horrible rounds and robberies, so "winning a round" on a judges scorecard doesn't mean shit. Start judging fights on your own instead of listening to what a "pro" judge has to say.

If you think about it, Khabib had a very competitive round against a striker who was supposed to murder him if he had any opportunity. Well, Conor had an ENTIRE ROUND and wasn't able to KO him, much less have an impact at all.

I really don't get how more people aren't impressed by Khabib holding his own against Conor for an entire round of standup...

But yeah, lets find a reason to suck Conor's dick and totally forget to mention that any "success" he had against Khabibs wrestling was due to him committing illegal fouls the entire fight. Holding onto the shorts, grabbing/hooking the gloves, grabbing the cage, etc...

Conor's best strike of the fight was an illegal knee. Let that sink in...

Khabib was much more competitive in Conor's world, rather than Conor was in Khabib's world.

Try to find Conor a win however you want, but you're only making yourself look stupid. Take away his cheating and he'd have no "success" against Khabib.

I've been saying McNuggets has been overrated for a long time. Sure he beat Eddie Alvarez (not that long ago) and Porier and Max (a long time ago) but I don't see him ever beating Khabib or Tony Ferguson or Gathje. The cowboy fight was bizarre.

Josh Thomson is the man, I won a good amount betting on him on his first Melendez fight.
It’s bizarre when people call gaethje an unwinnable fight.

He said Conor has ZERO chance of ever winning and I agree

thanks for posting

You don't though.

Because if there was event in the future that would in all likelihood happen, where I knew the outcome 100%, and I bet on it, then i would be doing everything in my power from this day onwards to make that bet as large as possible.

So chump, are you working 3 jobs right now so you earn money to make that bet as large as possible? or.... are you just some jabroni on a message board?

Yep.. no other fighter has been allowed to commit so many fouls against Khabib, without any warning..

Conor bless.

I agree.

Illegal elbows, holding on to his shorts, holding onto the cage.

I've never seen anyone do that to Khabib.

Beat me to it

<[analyzed}>

Josh fails to mention all the fouls Conrat committed to keep it on the feet as well as overall in the fight.

He also said he saw Khabib wrestle Ruth, Rockhold, Cormier, himself and basically get the better of everyone/ or extremely impressive and said he would outwrestle Usman and Colby etc.

You mean cheat against a 210lb guy who is fighting at 155lbs and may be using roids? Well that's just terrible...

Conor would have been submitted in 2nd round when he kneed Khabib in the face. And by god it would have been nasty im pretty sure he would get his shoulder broken.

It’s bizarre when people call gaethje an unwinnable fight.

You're kind of right, it is winnable. Conor could knock him out in the first round, the man can fucking crack. That left hand is devastating. Ask Aldo, ask Alvarez, ask Mendes, ask any of his knockout victims.

The problem with Conor fighting Gaethje, is that if he doesn't do it in the first or second round, it's just going to get worse, worse, and worse as it goes along. Conor has ten knockout victims in the first round, five in the second round, and none after that. Gaethje has only ever been stopped in the third and fourth rounds of fights, but Alvarez and Dustin had to go through absolute hell to do it. I'm not sure if Conor has that in him, especially at this stage of his career.

So, yeah, he can win, but my money is on Gaethje weathering the storm and drowning him.

And he was drunk and had a broken foot

Easy win for focused Conor in the rematch
A fun fact for you MMA fan, Khabib NEVER loses his focus. So good luck with this new 'focus' meme and shit lol

Back