Josh Gross: Rosholt-Johnson was one of the lowest quality UFC fights I've seen.......

Nah, there's been way worse. It was sloppy but eventful at times, unlike a lot of snoozefests.

I personally think Rani Yahya vs Masanori Kanehara was equally as shit and bereft of talent, with a horrifically low cardio content.

These kind of shit fests are not solely performed by heavy weights.

John Howard is also a regular performer of fuckry

Looked like a couple of fat drunk rednecks trying to slug it out. Actually that might have been the case.

The JBG's gonna put another Oleksiy Oliynyk style act of violence on him for stalling another heavyweight fight out like that.

Looked like a couple of fat drunk rednecks trying to slug it out.

I think this is the overwhelming factor.

The fight wasn't great, but at no point did I think these were the two worse martial artist I've ever seen.

Jake was confident early, showing poise and was confident in his wrestling for good reason. It looked like he was going to land a early counter and put Tim away. Tim wasn't that great but clearly is very tough and strong willed. Tim battled hard and by the third Jake, who was the much better martial artist wasn't as nearly confident, was tired and had a hard time finishing this tough guy.

Tim battled on fumes started landing, and drag the fight to where he usually found success.. to the ground where Jake was much better and it didn't help him at all.

The flight was sloppy, the guys were big, fat, slow, ugly, they tired and showed moments of poor fight IQ, but wasn't the worst fight ever imo.

Rosholt's only entertaining fight was him getting starched by Putin bomb.

it was not quality, but there have definitely been way worse.

Rosholt's only entertaining fight was him getting starched by Putin bomb.

I don't know why, (especially since I am also a fan of A.A.) but for some reason this post just irked the shit out of me.

Let me just point out this fight was WAY better than AA vs Timmy II or AA vs Werdum!

You like HW's that fight a max of 1 time a year only? Idolize them?

FFS, in another post, I detailed EXACTLY the activity level of the UFC HW division.

You know damn right well the two fighters at the VERY BOTTOM of that list right?

Cain and JDS tied at 3 fights since 2013.

Jared has fought 10 times since 2013! He is 5-1 in the UFC and 13-2 overall on a two UFC fight win streak. (That is forth (Werdum 4-0 100%, AA 3-0 100%, Oly 2-0 100% then Rosholt 5-1 83%)

Hamilton & Pots both have fought 8 times since 2013 trying to break into the top 10. Potts is 0-3 in 3 UFC tries. Hamilton is 2-2 in 4 (50%)

Oliynyk, Jordan and Gonzaga have all taken to the Octagon 7 times since 2013. Jordan @ 5-2 71% and Oly @ 2-0 in the UFC made taking on this grueling schedule work well enough to move up the ranks.

There are a slew of UFC HW's with 6 fights since 2013.
A.A. 5-1 (3-0 in UFC) [83%]
Lewis 4-2 (3-2 in UFC) [67%]
Palalei 4-2 [67%]
Mitrione 4-2 [67%]
Browne 4-2 [67%]
Overeem 3-3 [50%]
Hunt 2-3-1 [40%]
Bigfoot 2-3-1 [40%]
Nelson 2-4 [33%]

And some UFC HW's with 5 fights since 2013.
Miocic 4-1 [80%]
Harris 2-3 [40%]
Mir 2-3 [40%]

And some UFC HW's with only 4 fights since 2013.
Werdum 4-0 [100%] < UFC HW champion!
Rothwell 3-1 [75%]
Cro Cop 3-1 (1-0 UFC) [75%]
Schaub 2-2 [50%]

LMAO at anyone who gives a half a flying fug about any fighter that has thrown down only thee times or less since 2013 as talk about "contenders" but since I am the only person on Sherdog that considers actually "fighting" 1,000,000 times MORE significant that maybe possibly doing better if they fought, which they won't, but here are the 3 fights since 2013 list.:icon_chee
Barnett 2-1 (1-1 in the UFC) [67%]
JDS 2-1 [67%]
Cain 2-1 [67%]
Struve 1-2 [33%]
Big Nog 0-3 [0%]

When you pay fighters janitor wages what do you expect?

Timothy Johnson looks like Tom Hardy in Bronson

Gross usually has shitty opinions that often are proven wrong or misguided, but he's correct here. That fight was garbage and the UFC would be wise to NEVER put either of those guys on a main card EVER again. That shit was embarrassing and no better than a bad man contest from the 80's.

Back