Josh Gross: Rosholt-Johnson was one of the lowest quality UFC fights I've seen.......

The money in MMA is terrible.

You are not going to fill the HW division with high level athletes when most guys make peanuts and a handful do well. The risk -vs- reward is all out of wack for a full contact sport at this level.

Lower level guys in a shallow division == sloppy fights. Nothing new.

I didn't know Gross watched so few MMA bouts. I'd say in the lower 25%, sure. But "One of the lowest quality" out there.... it is not.

haha what aload of idiots you all are. Rosholt is a stud wrestler and won 5 fights in UFC, he is awesome and he would beat Werdum. you all rate Cormier right? maybe you should see Rosholt vs Cormier at Oklahoma state, Rosholt dominated him every time.

Rosholt will be HW champ, his wrestling and top control are too good for anyone in the division. I hope he gets a top 5 opponent next so you will see

haha what aload of idiots you all are. Rosholt is a stud wrestler and won 5 fights in UFC, he is awesome and he would beat Werdum. you all rate Cormier right? maybe you should see Rosholt vs Cormier at Oklahoma state, Rosholt dominated him every time.

Rosholt will be HW champ, his wrestling and top control are too good for anyone in the division. I hope he gets a top 5 opponent next so you will see

dddp44.gif

Looked like a pretty good representation of the average UFC fight involving wrestlers to me

Which is to say, about as exciting as watching paint dry

Both guys still beat the majority of UFC fighters though. :)

That's an exaggeration. It was a bad fight but not an all time bad fight.

It wasn't even the worst UFC fight this year. That'd be Patrick Walsh vs Daniel Kelly.

Meh didn't hate it, then again I was pretty buzzed at that point of the card.

Wanted jared to win but wanted tim to come back in the 3rd, shoulda kept punching and not stood it up.

Even though Rosholt is not the most exciting fighter out there at the end of the day he keeps winning fights. I feel like give him a few more years to work on his striking and he might actually become a contender. Right now he not ready for a top 15 guy yet but I see the UFC giving him one anyway. Most likely Bigfoot or Stefan Struve is next but if it was me personally I would give him the winner of Anthony Hamilton vs Derrick Lewis.

And im new here just to let everyone know. Been on this site for years just never got an account.

Soa/Sanchez says hello. This wasn't that terrible of a fight compared to that...and most WMMA fights. The Watson fight was just as "bad," if you wanna go that route.

Sadly low quality fights are becoming more common these days in the UFC. Thankfully I DVR most events and fast foward past the nonsense.

Sadly low quality fights are becoming more common these days in the UFC. Thankfully I DVR most events and fast foward past the nonsense.

This isn't true. You just remember the recent bad ones and have forgotten the old bad ones. Watch UFC 61 for example.

Back