Jose Aldo: "I feel devalued by my income"

There's a reason few people volunteer to leave the UFC: they may not make NFL money, but it sure as shit beats the competition.

How does the UFC champions clause work? Is he truly free to leave if he never loses?

jose has 10 zuffa belt defenses. 240k is a lot of money but Jose should be making a lot more. He's an elite fighter.

but if he isnt a big draw then he doesnt deserve more money, whether or not he is an elite fighter or not

its like Andre Ward, #2 p4p boxer in the world, not a draw.... makes hardly any money in comparison to Pacquiao or Mayweather etc(even Amir Khan makes more ffs)

Jose is getting bitter with old age

The reason he doesnt get paid more is because the ufc pretty much owns mma so fighters have little leverage.

Just because the ufc can pay him the most doesnt mean they shouldnt be sharing more of the profits he brings in. They dont have to so they dont it doesnt make it right. Kts greed and its hurting mma.

Hurting MMA? Funny, MMA used to be a fringe sport watched by very, very few die-hards just a little over 10 years ago. Now, it's somewhat visible.

There's a reason the UFC is the best game in town: they're smart and they know how to attract the best fighters. One way they accomplish the latter is by paying better than the other guys.

I know that feel, Jose. I know that feel.

mma-reaction-gifs-jose-aldo-no-expression.gif

The reason he doesnt get paid more is because the ufc pretty much owns mma so fighters have little leverage.

Just because the ufc can pay him the most doesnt mean they shouldnt be sharing more of the profits he brings in. They dont have to so they dont it doesnt make it right. Kts greed and its hurting mma.

And since he is champ je has no choice but to fight for the ufc he cant go any where else.

for some reason this idea goes over the heads of the zombies.

Hurting MMA? Funny, MMA used to be a fringe sport watched by very, very few die-hards just a little over 10 years ago. Now, it's somewhat visible.

There's a reason the UFC is the best game in town: they're smart and they know how to attract the best fighters. One way they accomplish the latter is by paying better than the other guys.

nailed it

I brought in 3 million dollars in premium last year and make 80k a year... it doesn't work how you think it does...

there are also 4 people below me that all make ~40k so thats 240k and we have a 20 percent profit margin so thats 600k-240k 360k for my bosses (3 people) which then gets split into the building, bills, computers, IT help, events, insurance premium is close to 1000 per employee per month when u consider most people have family coverage... that isn't including dental, life insurance...

I don't know there take home but I know that they do well.. I am one of 3 people bringing in premium.. and there are also employees that do the accounting, HR and this is a company with a total of 20 employees.

the UFC has thousands of employees.

even in a very small company expenses are ridiculous... I find it hilarious people that argue for wages in this country without any business experience or degree.. even the slightest clue of what goes into running a business and how many business owners go without paychecks when things aren't running smoothly..

I know dana isn't going hungry because they have a much bigger busines backing the ufc, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out on ppv's that don't sell that they take a loss.

paying better doesn't mean fair wage in context to what the UFC is taking in for themselves.

Its like Brazilians have never heard of contracts. I mean I'm sure Sonnen was wrong when he suggested that all Brazilians play in mud, don't have computers and feed carrots to buses but was he?

Maybe he wasn't.

Seriously how stupid are you? He clearly knows what a contract is and wants to renegotiate for more money.

The guy has been a defending champ for 5 years, number 1 p4p IMO and he makes 120/120k, pathetic. You have several top10 guys in boxing making millions per fight.

The ufc gets away with paying so little for the reasons kids in china are paid 12 cents to make nikes.

but if he isnt a big draw then he doesnt deserve more money, whether or not he is an elite fighter or not

its like Andre Ward, #2 p4p boxer in the world, not a draw.... makes hardly any money in comparison to Pacquiao or Mayweather etc(even Amir Khan makes more ffs)

He should learn english no doubt, he doesn't bring in PPV buys but i'd think with Anderson on his way out (if he isn't already) and Barao losing, that his value has to be increased. Brazil likely loses a good deal of interest in the UFC if Aldo loses and Machida follows suit, they have no champions. I don't have the slightest clue how much money they bring to the UFC by opening the Brazil market as i'm sure that is measured in ways besides PPV buys but i'm guessing it's more than he is being paid at this point.

I brought in 3 million dollars in premium last year and make 80k a year... it doesn't work how you think it does...

there are also 4 people below me that all make ~40k so thats 240k and we have a 20 percent profit margin so thats 600k-240k 360k for my bosses (3 people) which then gets split into the building, bills, computers, IT help, events, insurance premium is close to 1000 per employee per month when u consider most people have family coverage... that isn't including dental, life insurance...

I don't know there take home but I know that they do well.. I am one of 3 people bringing in premium..

even in a very small company expenses are ridiculous... I find it hilarious people that argue for wages in this country without any business experience or degree.. even the slightest clue of what goes into running a business and how many business owners go without paychecks when things aren't running smoothly..

I know dana isn't going hungry because they have a much bigger busines backing the ufc, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out on ppv's that don't sell that they take a loss.

so you're the GSP of your company?

Back