Jose Aldo: "I feel devalued by my income"

Everyone wants that Anderson Silva money. I think being champion you should at least make a million a year.

Hurting MMA? Funny, MMA used to be a fringe sport watched by very, very few die-hards just a little over 10 years ago. Now, it's somewhat visible.

There's a reason the UFC is the best game in town: they're smart and they know how to attract the best fighters. One way they accomplish the latter is by paying better than the other guys.
the ufc is top dog because of luck and greed. They are stunting the growth of mma as a whole to better the ufc brand.

I brought in 3 million dollars in premium last year and make 80k a year... it doesn't work how you think it does...

there are also 4 people below me that all make ~40k so thats 240k and we have a 20 percent profit margin so thats 600k-240k 360k for my bosses (3 people) which then gets split into the building, bills, computers, IT help, events, insurance premium is close to 1000 per employee per month when u consider most people have family coverage... that isn't including dental, life insurance...

I don't know there take home but I know that they do well.. I am one of 3 people bringing in premium..

even in a very small company expenses are ridiculous... I find it hilarious people that argue for wages in this country without any business experience or degree.. even the slightest clue of what goes into running a business and how many business owners go without paychecks when things aren't running smoothly..

I know dana isn't going hungry because they have a much bigger busines backing the ufc, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out on ppv's that don't sell that they take a loss.

This. And on top of that Zuffa was running the UFC at a serious loss 10-12 years ago. They're entitled to start recouping some money. If fighters are too stingy or dense to hire legal help before signing the dotted line....well you know the saying: "a sucka is born every minute"

Step in and kill the guy? Oh boy. Into the doghouse you go, Jose.

so you're the GSP of your company?

I am not sure what the Joke is?

do you mean I bring in all the money? lol I would be more like the Jon Jones... the person who trained me brought in nearly 8 million last year.

Lol at "everyone wants to watch my fights" Jose consistently pulls in the worst PPV numbers of any champ.

Jose Aldo makes 250k a fight before PPV points, or post fight awards, or sponsors, or signings, or anything.

That's more than the average Brazilian makes in 25-years.

the ufc is top dog because of luck and greed. They are stunting the growth of mma as a whole to better the ufc brand.

Wow, luck and greed? That's a shock.

Welcome to every business ever. If the UFC wasn't greedy, it wouldn't exist right now. Every MMA organization, every football team, every corporation is greedy. They're not charities.

I am not sure what the Joke is?

do you mean I bring in all the money? lol I would be more like the Jon Jones... the person who trained me brought in nearly 8 million last year.

if you threaten to leave your company unless they gave you a raise would they acquiesce?

I used to be an opera singer and a damn good one. But I'm a bass and basses don't make tenor money. Didn't matter that I was a better singer than +90% of all tenors in the business, people pay to hear dem high C's. That's life. Aldo should stop being such an emo whiner.

This. And on top of that Zuffa was running the UFC at a serious loss 10-12 years ago. They're entitled to start recouping some money. If fighters are too stingy or dense to hire legal help before signing the dotted line....well you know the saying: "a sucka is born every minute"

Yeah and they are 3billion dollar company now and pay fighters less than 20% of their profit revenue. Don't give me this they were running a loss 10 years ago crap. And where are fighters supposed to get this extra money to hire legal help when they get paid crap in the first place. On top of that, it isn't a matter of quality legal help it's a matter of fighters having no leverage in MMA because the UFC is so powerful and sets a crap standard.

lol at a fighter complaining about 120k/120k with an entitlement to PPV points on top

cry me a river Jose

Exactly. The guy brings in horrible ppv numbers. If he brought in good numbers he'd be making millions per fight, and if he actually finished fights and performed better he'd get more bonuses.

and Dana tell you, Aldo getting paid well

It might seem unfair to some but a fighter's worth is determined by far more than being skilled and amassing victories. Jose Aldo is an amazing fighter but when it comes to fighter pay there is only one thing that really matters, and that's how many viewers the person can draw. Aldo simply is not a big draw. The reality is that your casual fan wants to see more than just great fighters. They want a personality, somebody they have a reason to either pull for or against. Aldo doesn't bring that to the table.

Wow, luck and greed? That's a shock.

Welcome to every business ever. If the UFC wasn't greedy, it wouldn't exist right now. Every MMA organization, every football team, every corporation is greedy. They're not charities.
What is your point? I think kids in china should make more then they do also. Im guessing you think they should just go make shoes for another company if they dont like their pay?

Yeah and they are 3billion dollar company now and pay fighters less than 20% of their profit revenue. Don't give me this they were running a loss 10 years ago crap. And where are fighters supposed to get this extra money to hire legal help when they get paid crap in the first place. On top of that, it isn't a matter of quality legal help it's a matter of fighters having no leverage in MMA because the UFC is so powerful and sets a crap standard.

Do you know for a fact that their revenue is 20%? If you do, please share that info. I've seen 10%, 9.5%, and now 20%, but the fact is that they're a private company and the info that I've seen out there is educated speculation, nothing more.

something along the lines of revenue sharing of other sports.

Why should they do that if they don't have to? That's not how a business works--they don't willingly take a huge hit to their profits.

These guys aren't slaves. If they're more valuable to someone else than they are to the UFC, feel free to go there. It works for a couple of guys--for example, Rampage--because they are actually valuable. Maybe Aldo is valuable, too. More valuable than $240k + PPV points. If he believes that, he should go find whoever it is that believes him, too.

if you threaten to leave your company unless they gave you a raise would they acquiesce?

probably.. but that is being a shit head... they pay me pretty well... I am only 25... I will make more in the future.

Back