Jordan Mein has retired from UFC/MMA

He'll be back... Ariel says he's burn out. I think he just needs a year or two away.

I feel like we're going to see more of these with the reality of the Reebok deal and how sponsorship money works.

Too many guys are going to lose sponsors when they can't wear their gear in the ring. Suddenly many will find they can't make even a livable wage fighting and they'll go do something else with their lives.

The fight with Matt Brown reminded me of the Evan Tanner vs. David Terrell fight. Almost like the fact that Brown wouldn't quit and eventually broke Jordan's will changed everything.

he was completely tooling Alves, but it just goes to show you that all the talent in the world sometimes doesnt equate to wins. He perhaps lacked the intangibles to compete, namely desire.

Or piss poor management.

Way too many fights on his resume for his age and the likely mileage that goes along with it.

Maybe he'll come back in a couple of years.

Really awesome fighter, was on the brink of beating both Brown and Alves. Looked like he had some of the best hands in the division.

God damn it. GSP retired, Jordan Mein retired now and Grant as good as retired...canadian mma is cursed!

Not to mention Rory getting his fucking nose caved in by Robbie. Seeing shit like that has to turn people off from considering a pro fighting career.

If this isn't what he wants to do then its great Mein is walking away. He had a load of potential and he always made for a good watch.

Unfortunately for fans due to the reebok deal this has became very common.

very sad to see an exciting fighter go, best of wishes

That sucks. Hopefully he changes his mind.

Had to look it up....Mein is only 25. :(

This really serves as a warning to fighters who take up the sport at a young age, accumulate too many miles and are ready to get out before their prime should start.

NO

fuck this shit

wheres bisping when we need him

all these young fighters retiring all of a sudden?

could it be the reebok deal killing it?

This is what I was thinking.

Good for him though. Get out while you still got the brains and youth for a fruitful career somewhere else. He was a talented prospect, I liked watching his fights.

He had potential to be top 5. I have a feeling he'll be back within a few years.

Maybe it's a ploy to resign with Bellator in a year or so.

Does anyone know the rules regarding how retirement effects a binding UFC contract? EG Mein is a retired for X number of months so his contract is void and free to sign with whom he pleases.

Back