Jordan Mein has retired from UFC/MMA

I guess you could say he really skizzed on the grizzlies fur on this one. (Canadian saying)

Damn, that sucks as a fan. Young retirement, but Jordan has plenty of mileage for his age. Will be missed.

So much for the new breed. It seems starting training "MMA" at a young age is more of a disadvantage rather than an advantage.

Head trauma for shit pay, I commend his decision. I hope a lot of fighters come to this conclusion: that you can still train and love the sport, without getting exploited and living on welfare. Get a real job!

Good for him.

Definitely not a sport to pursue if you don't feel it anymore and better retire young than turn into a Nog

Dammit. That's really too bad. I loved watching him fight. Dude had some slick striking.

he looked super talented and is still really young at 25. wow.

Head trauma for shit pay, I commend his decision. I hope a lot of fighters come to this conclusion: that you can still train and love the sport, without getting exploited and living on welfare. Get a real job!

Nice to see.

Its amazing how many fans think fighters owe them their brain cells because they shelled out 49.99 to watch, which mostly goes into the pockets of the company, not the fighters.

thats just about how I feel

I'm not Canadian ( I'm australian ) but those guys are a lot of my favourite fighters to watch i fear for Rory if he takes another beating like he did against Lawler despite his psychopath demeanour i think he could be the next to retire .

Last edited:
Good guy and great fighter. Enjoyed every one of his fights that I saw. Just too much mileage on him for his age. Wonder if he'll get into coaching.

I'm not Australian but those guys are a lot of my favourite fighters to watch i fear for Rory if he takes another beating like he did against Lawler despite his psychopath demeanour i think he could be the next to retire .

Rory has been in some punishing fights. I would not be surprised to see with it catch up with him sooner rather than later.

But he was just about to make dat sweet $10k!!! How could he turn down that A-Level money?

welterweight division just lost some young blood
liked watching him fight but as others have pointed out he has a lot of mileage on him. better to retire while your body still works

Disappointed as a fan, but if he felt it was time to retire it was probably a good call. The Brown fight might have already shortened his lifespan. Rarely do fighters retire too early.

Back