Jordan Mein has retired from UFC/MMA

This really sucks. Hopefully he gets the itch again in a couple years. I wish him the best either way

Does anyone know the rules regarding how retirement effects a binding UFC contract? EG Mein is a retired for X number of months so his contract is void and free to sign with whom he pleases.

Apparently they can just freeze the contracts, so you can't get out unless you finish all the fights on your contract.

all these young fighters retiring all of a sudden?

could it be the reebok deal killing it?

I think that could have something to do with it. When they realize their pay has decreased they probably reevaluate getting punched in the head.

probably for the best, with as many fights as he has had if he were gonna hit the big time he would have by now,

After he beat Cyborg i was thinking this kid had so much potential.

Good for him, to retire while he's still young. As others have said, that's a lot of mileage on him already. Hopefully he's able to find something to do that he enjoys in his retirement.

Perhaps he will take some time off and come back renewed and refreshed, but if not I hope he makes a good healthy living elsewhere.

damn that blows but he knows what's best for his body

His fight with Matt Brown was awesome. Maybe he was one of those guys who was pressured by his father and never really liked fighting. Talented dude as well.

He has a shit load of mileage and have been fighting a long time.

Really enjoyed watching him fight. Hope he enjoys sometime away from the fight game & heals up.

The hurt business is a brutal sport

Whoa... really?! Dude is super talented. This sucks for us fans...

Respect to Jordan though. If you're not 100% motivated it's better to just stop. Thanks for the great fights!

In any combat sport, an athlete leaving at the top of his game is a rarity. Jordan Mein joined that select group Wednesday, announcing his retirement from professional MMA competition at the age of 25.

That's a bummer but he's had a long career for such a young guy, its understandable.

I bet he's showing symptoms from the wars he's had. That has to be a compelling reason to retire

Back