Jordan Mein has retired from UFC/MMA

Mad respect if he sticks to this decision, which honestly would not at all be a horrible decision. He started fighting pro when he was 16 years old (!), and at the age of 25 has 39 professional fights under his belt.

I think this is a damn good decision, tbh.

Damn, like others have said, the guy was really talented.

As long as he's happy, that's all the matters.

I met him and rolled him. Super humble and kind dude. Super talented.. his road to the ufc w hasas long with some great fights. .. hope hes proud of himself like eveyone else should be. Tough kid.

He probably took a huge hit from the reebok deal, plus the fact that he's already got so much mileage probably didn't help.

That's teally too bad. Lots of fights but really young and thought he was a future top guy. His dad's exploits and pressure on fighting all his life must've taken a serious toll on him. Hope it's just a sabbatical and returns one day with rejuvenated passion.

Mad respect if he sticks to this decision, which honestly would not at all be a horrible decision. He started fighting pro when he was 16 years old (!), and at the age of 25 has 39 professional fights under his belt.

I think this is a damn good decision, tbh.

Yet still making shit from the reebok deal.

imho more fighters should quit when they feel its time, too many stick around just to end up punching bags when they were great before. I.E shogun and Machida. Machida is not the same at 37.

all these young fighters retiring all of a sudden?

could it be the reebok deal killing it?

He may be only 25, but the dude has been competing since he was 14 and has 39 pro fights (plus another 7 amateur). That's a lot of mileage and more than a decade spent fighting.

Was a fun fighter. I loved watching him beat Mike Pyle.

He was beating Alves up until that body kick. It's shitty, the guy had a lot of potential.

Great fighter, that's a valuable loss. First Perez, now Mein, who else is retiring, this week?

He still has his acting career to fall back on.

Farewell, Ricky Schroder.

Damn, that sucks. I believed he could do better than he had. I guess he figured he'd either never get to the title or if he did, it'd be a long, long road with lots of damage on the way there.

He still has his acting career to fall back on.

He was pretty good in that Irish movie.

MV5BMTc1MjA5ODY2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk2MTQ1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Another fighter saves what's left of his consciousness.

Has the Count weighed in on this? Love to hear his opinion

best of luck to him, he could've gone far but it's his choice, as long as he is happy with his decision then good on him

Back