Jones would rather fight 45 yr old fossil Stipe than cement his legacy against Tom

That he already has an impressive legacy. And he shouldn't pause to consider people like you because you just move the goalposts immediately anyway. First he was ducking Frank. Then Gane was going to destroy him. Then he murked Gane like he was a journeyman so it was really Sergei he was ducking. Now Sergei lost to Tom, so I guess we really know he was frightened of Tom all along.

If he did beat Tom, by then some other guy would have an impressive win and you'd just say Jones was ducking him instead. It never ends and it's silly.

The only difference here is that Jones is no longer undisputed Champ.

Aspinalls interim title disputes the belt and he's the #1 ranked contender.

I understand Jones reasons but I don't think any other Champ today would get away with ducking the #1 ranked interim Champ to fight a guy who hadn't won a fight in four years and was brutally flatlined last time they fought.

They should've just made it a BMF fight and let the division move on.

Last edited:
The only difference here is that Jones is no longer undisputed Champ.

Aspinalls interim tutor disputes the belt and he's the #1 ranked contender.

I understand Jones reasons but I don't think any other Champ today would get away with ducking the #1 ranked interim Champ to fight a guy who hadn't won a fight in four years and was brutally flatlined last time they fought.

They should've just made it a BMF fight and let the division move on.
Well most other champs are in their prime and not at the end of their careers. If he wasn't in his late thirties I'd care more. People are acting like he's ducking someone in his prime. No, in his prime he cleaned out his entire division.

This is all just extra stuff, he's more than set from a legacy standpoint.

Well most other champs are in their prime and not at the end of their careers. If he wasn't in his late thirties I'd care more. People are acting like he's ducking someone in his prime. No, in his prime he cleaned out his entire division.

This is all just extra stuff, he's more than set from a legacy standpoint.
Cool. So he should drop the belt and no Jones fan should be in disagreement with that.

As the champion it is both his job and his obligation to defend against the #1 contender. That is undoubtedly Tom Aspinall as he is the current interim title holder.

Jon isn't in his prime, cool. He wants to fight another, even older guy for his legacy and ride off into the sunset, cool. So drop the belt, stop holding it hostage and start letting the top dogs in their prime start forging their own legacy.

It's simple. If he wants to fight Stipe only then he can do that, but he can't keep holding the belt, refuse to fight the top contender and NOT be called a duck.

You guys keep saying it yourselves, Stipe fight is about legacy, not the belt. So drop the belt and have it be about legacy.

You don't like people calling Jones a duck, but it is entirely Jones's fault that he is being called that. As long as he selfishly holds on to the belt while refusing to fight Aspinall he is a duck. He and his fans can't have it both ways.

Drop the belt and have your exhibition fights with old men.

Or keep the belt and be called a duck for refusing to fight top contenders.

Cool. So he should drop the belt and no Jones fan should be in disagreement with that.

As the champion it is both his job and his obligation to defend against the #1 contender. That is undoubtedly Tom Aspinall as he is the current interim title holder.

Jon isn't in his prime, cool. He wants to fight another, even older guy for his legacy and ride off into the sunset, cool. So drop the belt, stop holding it hostage and start letting the top dogs in their prime start forging their own legacy.

It's simple. If he wants to fight Stipe only then he can do that, but he can't keep holding the belt, refuse to fight the top contender and NOT be called a duck.

You guys keep saying it yourselves, Stipe fight is about legacy, not the belt. So drop the belt and have it be about legacy.

You don't like people calling Jones a duck, but it is entirely Jones's fault that he is being called that. As long as he selfishly holds on to the belt while refusing to fight Aspinall he is a duck. He and his fans can't have it both ways.

Drop the belt and have your exhibition fights with old men.

Or keep the belt and be called a duck for refusing to fight top contenders.
It's really weird to me how a fighter can say they want a fight, the other fighter says they want it and Dana and the UFC say they want it. But then you guys talk all about how people aren't doing their duty. To who? The UFC doesn't WANT the Aspinall fight, they want Stipe.

It's really weird to me how a fighter can say they want a fight, the other fighter says they want it and Dana and the UFC say they want it. But then you guys talk all about how people aren't doing their duty. To who? The UFC doesn't WANT the Aspinall fight, they want Stipe.
That's irrelevant to what I said.

I am okay with Jon wanting to fight Stipe for legacy.

I am not okay with him with him holding the belt hostage to do so.

Why as a Jones fan are you defending this? Even if you want the Stipe fight because you don't want the obvious L Jon would take against Aspinall.

Why do you want Jon to keep the belt that he doesn't need? His legacy is set in stone.

Let the actual top guys in their prime fight each other for the belt and Jones can fight Stipe, Mark Coleman, Dan Severn or even the old man Conor punched in the pub all he likes.

He can't be having these joke fights while claiming to be the best HW in the world and keeping the actual best guys from fighting for the top prize in the sport.

Jon Jones' legacy is cemented.

jon-jones-crying-press-conference-dopingjpg.jpg

ufc-151-poster_big.jpg

7BUvocT.jpeg

if-you-were-a-ufc-fighter-which-are-some-of-the-fighters-v0-rx8yu7y0lorb1.jpg

“I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities."

Jon is a can that cheated his entire career in basically every way possible and was terrified of not having the deck stacked in his favor. He should never be mentioned in the same sentence as the actual GOATs of MMA.

As a JJ-hater: he's 100% right here.
Get the money, retire on a high. He has no obligations to us fans.

The absolute state of Jon Jones haters

lol

Who dafuq is Tim Aspinall
The guy ain’t cementing anyone’s legacy

Rationalise the truth however you must.

Whenever I read “hater” I just switch off knowing the person commenting hasn’t got the stomach for a legit contradictory opinion. Its weak.

“Haters” don’t target individual people. They dislike anyone who’s achieved success. Where’s my “hate” for Francis? Where’s my hate for GSP, for Khabib, for Anderson, for Fedor? Your whole argument crumbles. It’s a cop out and it’s weak minded. Take my words at face value.

We've heard this about the last 3 opponents he faced.
Hurr he will not fight Thiago, hurr he will lose against Reyes, hurr Cyril Gane A-Level athlete, too tall for Jones, will beat him.

The never ending cycle of Jones haters.

He did lose against Reyes but the judges gifted him it. Fact.

IMG_2220.jpeg

You don’t live in reality.

Jones is fucking injured, this fight has been in the making for years, and Stipe is a former two time HW champ and one of the HW GOAT's. Aspinall is a fine fighter, but the plan for Jones/Stipe has been in the making much longer than Aspinall was ever considered the #1 contender. Jeebus, can't believe I am defending Jon Jones here, but this take is just silly and taken out of context. Jones is out for what, another 6 months minimum? WE don't even know what will happen anyways.

Also TS, Stipe is 41. Maybe you should just pipe down. Read through this thread. You're hating pretty hard. Go see news story about Jon Anik leaving MMA. Get a drink of water. Calm down. Pet a unicorn. Lighten up. Stop posting.

Jones is fucking injured, this fight has been in the making for years, and Stipe is a former two time HW champ and one of the HW GOAT's. Aspinall is a fine fighter, but the plan for Jones/Stipe has been in the making much longer than Aspinall was ever considered the #1 contender. Jeebus, can't believe I am defending Jon Jones here, but this take is just silly and taken out of context. Jones is out for what, another 6 months minimum? WE don't even know what will happen anyways.

Also TS, Stipe is 41. Maybe you should just pipe down. Read through this thread. You're hating pretty hard. Go see news story about Jon Anik leaving MMA. Get a drink of water. Calm down. Pet a unicorn. Lighten up. Stop posting.

“You’re hating pretty hard”

What does that actually mean?

Aspinall hasn't earned a fight with JBJ lol, he's done nothing in this sport and stipe is a way better and harder fight, cry more op.

The greatest heavyweight of all time vs someone who's highlight of his carreer was blowing his knee out durring a kick in a fight he was about to get tko'd in anyway. LOL really hard choice here huh

The greatest heavyweight of all time vs someone who's highlight of his carreer was blowing his knee out durring a kick in a fight he was about to get tko'd in anyway. LOL really hard choice here huh

You’re a new fan of the sport and that’s okay! Thanks for offering up your opinion like that, it’s very generous.

His legacy is already cemented is what it means. And it is.
He's low iq hence why he made this thread. Jon Jones is already goat. Most people call him goat. Very few deny he's goat. The ones that do pretend like he's not going down as goat. Even most fighters admit he's goat besides disgruntled fighters he's beaten in the past like dc and teixiera.

It's just like when gsp came out of retirement for bisping and then left again. So many people were crying about how he HAS to fight this guy or that guy for his legacy. Like he was some up and comer, not a divisional goat coming off serious injuries. What it really is, is people don't like to see fighters they don't like go out on top.
not the same gsp picked the weakest 185 lb champion in history who barely got passed hendo

Jon Jones beat the then and current number 2 heavyweight in the world who everyone was saying was the next champion and was going to obliterate Jon Jones

Jon Jones went out and finished him in under a round and is going to defend against the greatest ufc heavyweight champion of all time

hardly comparable

Back