Jones vs. Santos answered a question how would Jones do against prime Fedor

Discussion in 'Fantasy Matchup Discussion' started by Danis_champ, Jul 26, 2019.

1. L.T.

L.T. Yellow Card Yellow Card

It was obvious just watching Aleks fight he was even faster and more athletic. I wonder what happened to the young Emelianenko. No idea.

2. moreorless87

moreorless87 Out To Lunch

Jones success is really based on being able to stay on the outside and win striking exchanges here but Fedor is very different from DC, like Rumble he was able to explode in with power punchs from mid/long range.

Grappling wise as with DC Jones has never had to deal with someone near to Fedor's level and I suspect he would just be looking to avoid the ground entirely.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  3. davidlemonparty

davidlemonparty Brown Belt

Crazy hand speed.
    But he could be beaten. Got KOed and submitted a few times in his prime.
    Fedor had a real unbeatable aura for those 5 or so years

L.T. likes this.
  4. Hirashin

Hirashin No for gay Jesus

Prime Fedor vs Jones
    Prime Fedor vs Cain
    Prime Fedor vs DC
    These are the fights we all want to see. Probably in a parallel universe they are fighting right now.

Fantasy pick 1 Fedor vs Jones:
    Eats bombs and panik resles to save his life. Can't keep the home cooked food eater down for long as the kettlebell muscles are trying to rip one of Jones lims. Its going to be a war for 3 rounds with Fedor winning the points, but Jones chin and pico cardio help him win the 4th an the 5th. Fedor 48:47.

Fantasy pick 2: Fedor vs Cain
    Cain eats a chilli before the fight and his pumping iron on sea level. Fedor know that he can't go 5 rounds on the mat so he goes for the kill of the bell. Right hook left hook combination sends the Cain down to earth. Fedor KO R1.

Fantasy pick 3: Fedor vs DC
    I have no idea how this one goes.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  5. L.T.

L.T. Yellow Card Yellow Card

God Aura. I've written essays about it over the years what it was like when I was 16. He was a God. Only prime come up Lesnar had a similar aura for exactly 1.5 years. Maybe less. After the Herring fight being compared to a brutal car accident to his organs it was pretty intense hype.

davidlemonparty likes this.
  6. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

Clean Jones is a bum.

7. Lint2

Lint2 jmp dword ptr [ebp+8]

Not sure what to conclude... TS means that Jones would lose a shitty SD to Jones? Seems plausible.

That really depends on which era are we talking about:
    - At Fedor's era: Awesome fight, Jones by wrestling+GNP or Fedor by mighty KO.
    - At USADA's era: Shitty fight going SD (not sure if S means split or sh..), both sides not deserving much but Jones via Dana Whitening.

8. ejazahmednit

ejazahmednit Brown Belt

Yeah because Santos and Fedor have the same styles
    I would favor Fedor at HW against any HW, but Jones will always be a live dog

9. Oldman1

Oldman1 Yellow Belt

You're comparing prime Fedor against out of prime Jon.

Also Fedor's power is hugely over rated.

10. TheChadAllen352352

TheChadAllen352352 Yellow Belt

The Jones that fought Santos would get layed the fuck out.

11. tramendous

tramendous Yellow Card Yellow Card

You are arguing from a false premise. Prime isnt just referring to physical condition although that is a big part of it. Prime is a fighter at his absolute best everything considered. Damage and injuries also play a part as well as how motivated the fighter is to keep themselves as hungry as when they started out. If you want to make up a term "career iq" to criticize Fedor, go ahead it has nothing to do with prime. But then using it to say prime doesnt exist and is just a narrative is a sleazy strawman.

12. revoltub

revoltub Lord Paramount of the Reach Belt

Flabby can crusher Japanese pro wrestling mma Fedor wouldn't do anything to Jones

13. this is my new account

this is my new account Blue Belt

Not a chance T rex arms could hit jones swinging wildly. HAHA jones fights way too long and has barely been hit

14. JohnMangala

JohnMangala Green Belt

Oh really? Point to where I said Prime just refers to physical condition, that's a poor inference on your part. Point to where I said prime doesn't exist. I said it's not an excuse. Prime is where the tradeoff between experience and physical peak is balanced.

Lol as if I made up the term 'career IQ'. Shows the intellect level of Fedor fans. The prime narrative is just a running joke like young Erick Silva. Just another excuse, but Fedor fans are the only ones who take that silly narrative seriously- the sad part. Real men simply admit defeat to the better man that night and move on, others have to conjure up any excuse like God's Will to hold onto their aura.

15. Cantalope

Cantalope Black Belt

Jones would have dominated in Pride. Roided to the gils and you know he'd take full advantage of stomps and knees on the ground.

16. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Steel Belt

Yeah I mean Santos and Fedor have very similar styles sure.

Why hasn't the TS been banned for trolling yet ?

17. Porradossaurus

Porradossaurus Brown Belt

It would be very close to what we've seen on Jones vs DC 1 and 2.

18. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

Today of ourse, but never?
    [​IMG]

Fujita was a much more powerful than Jones, thrown all he got connecting in the ear area and still did'nt KOd Fedor
    Actually few seconds after this happened
    [​IMG]

For the rest there is'nt much material on prime Fedor getting hit hard as he was one of the most (if not THE) hard to hit at HW

19. tramendous

tramendous Yellow Card Yellow Card

Wtf are you saying? Lol whos saying fedor was better than the guys he lost to 'on that night'. 'Real men' for the vast majority of history believed in God and God's Will. Lmao at your 1st world 21st century sensibilities dictating manliness to a guy like Fedor. Its cheesy just stop. The joke about erik silva is that he is an eternal prospect and young wtf are you talking about?

Its clear as day you have an axe to grind with fedir fans and thats it.

20. JohnMangala

JohnMangala Green Belt

That I am your father.

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)- Jesus Christ

Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
    - Allah -> Jehovah -> Yahweh -> Mangala (Shiva) = God of War.