Do you think prime Fedor would have had the same success against Jon Jones competition? And win all those fights?

Do you think Fedor would have had the same success against Jon Jones competition?

• Total voters
Prime Fedor would have beaten all of them. The only fight that I could not confidently say that about would be prime Fedor vs prime Jones. DC would have got murked.

have u seen a prime 32 year old fedor in a drug testing org?
he hates drug testing bro

i dont believe he can dominate the version of the fighters that stipe fought

his best wins where cro cop and nog
lmao at comparing jones and fedor

fighters like gustafson dc and many more would dominate him
stop it

2017 join date with a dumb take, nothing to see here

Cormier would be the toughest challenge...

but ALL WOULD FALL TO HIS MIGHT

I can’t imagine DC and Gustafsson being easy fights. Prime DC vs prime Fedor would’ve been an epic fight.

Well we sure as fuck know he doesn't beat Bader.

Fedor didn't even want to fight a clean Vitor when the Barnett fight fell through.

Meanwhile Jon fought TRTVitor on 3 weeks notice.

Fedor used his speed well when HWs thought they could get by on power alone. He probably would win lots of fights, but I think even in Pride his tougher matchups were in the lower weights. His game was lots of subbing off his back from the bottom. His training would probably change for LHWs though, it would be interesting to watch. It would be hard to see Jones beat someone like Cro Cop as well.

Obviously this is all hypothetical scenario.

Say if prime Fedor fought the guys Jon Jones fought in his win streak. Do you think Fedor would have gone through the gauntlet of fighters victorious just like Jones?

I guess you need some luck on your side to get in long run like that. But if someone could do the same results against the same competition. I would think prime Fedor would have the best chance of going through that line of murderers row.

Also if Fedor fought these guys it would be open weight or everyone fight at HW. There is no need to cut weight when every LHW balloons up to 225-230 lbs after. Fedor at his prime weight was about 233 lbs max. So there's really no size advantage for Fedor against these massive LHW.

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort
Chael Sonnen
Alexander Gustafsson 2x
Glover Teixeira
Daniel Cormier 2x
Ovince Saint Preux
Anthony Smith
Thiago Santos
Dominick Reyes
Ciryl Gane

Looking at the competition Jon Jones fought, I think the guy Fedor would have a hard time against is Daniel Cormier. That fight can go either way. Ciryl Gane will also be a tough match-up imo. Also Bader can be bad matchup for even a prime Fedor.

I think Fedor could possibly go through them all and come out the other side.

Thoughts?

Fedor-Emelianenko.jpeg
You understand fedor is a heavyweight.. and yes he woulda smoked the ufcs heavy division I think that's proven even when he wasnt in his prime we seen the cross promo fight with ufc champion tim sylvia..

As far as lhw idk I think so but would he of had a loss maybe the guy faught to kill jon faught to win .. and lhw are faster and have power I think it's an impossible comparison would it's like saying would a prime conor have beaten all of gsps openants.. and had a better run... pretty stuipid

I think Fedor will have issues from Gus afterwards. The guys started to get bigger in size. Even Lyoto and Evans might have been good matchups for Fedor. They are fast fighters. Jones had an easier time with them because he had a crazy reach advantage. Even Vitor wasn't an easy fight. Enhanced Vitor getting over the death of his sister is a scary dude. He was punching people in the back the head and starching many good fighters in under a minute. It took USADA to end his UFC career.

I think a lot of people forget that Fedor at his prime isn't some great destroyer. He often put himself in bad positions and overcame it with skill or sometimes just luck. That was what made Fedor great to watch.

One reason is MMA has evolved and training methods have evolved. Technique has evolved.
Training has evolved in the sense that new fighters have a better sense of what training is necessary. As far as technique evolving, I think that is a pipedream that doesn't match reality.

The lower-level fighters of today are more technically sound for a number of reasons, training being one of them. But the idea that fighters of today have better technique than Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Penn, and the other elites of the late 90s and early 2000s is not true. Arlovski is a 90s fighter that is still giving fighters trouble today. Anderson started in the late 90s.

A lot of Jones' opponents are from the old school BTW, so saying Fedor couldn't beat them because they are from a new generation is obviously false.

Jones is good at utilizing his long reach, but Fedor has faster and much harder punches.

Fedor used his speed well when HWs thought they could get by on power alone. He probably would win lots of fights, but I think even in Pride his tougher matchups were in the lower weights.
Everybody who talks about Fedor fighting "bigger guys" never wants to acknowledge that he had a speed advantage over them to offset it. Even before getting into the fact that he was extremely strong himself, and obviously a master of leverage with his sambo and judo background. All things perfectly suited to overcoming someone simply being bigger than him.

It's actually really hard to find fights he DIDN'T have the overall advantage all things considered. Arlovski, Cro Cop, and Randleman are obvious ones where it's either close or in their favour, but you can't tell me Fedor was at a disadvantage fighting someone like Sylvia. He rather proved that quickly that his speed was a much better advantage than Sylvia's greater size.

This however does go away a lot once you instead match him up with LHWs who'll be much faster and athletic opponents than HWs. Fedor wouldn't have been faster than guys like Vitor or Machida for instance. Still stronger yes, but would have to adjust his game to not rely on his quick hands and transitions so much.

You understand fedor is a heavyweight.. and yes he woulda smoked the ufcs heavy division I think that's proven even when he wasnt in his prime we seen the cross promo fight with ufc champion tim sylvia..

As far as lhw idk I think so but would he of had a loss maybe the guy faught to kill jon faught to win .. and lhw are faster and have power I think it's an impossible comparison would it's like saying would a prime conor have beaten all of gsps openants.. and had a better run... pretty stuipid

LHW are virtually HWs and Fedor is probably the fastest HW ever. So I don't think it's a bad comparison at all.

2017 join date with a dumb take, nothing to see here
am not hating 95 percent of his wins look like these
you also hate the fact that he doesnt like drug testing orgs?
you can clearly see the pattern on his resume
lmao why do we even argue about this
anyone can look like a god fighting these fighters

im not really surprised by fedor huggers
you people live in the past and cant think clearly
Untitled.png

Last edited:
am not hating 95 percent of his wins look like these
you also hate the fact that he doesnt like drug testing orgs?
you can clearly see the pattern on his resume
lmao why do we even argue about this
anyone can look like a god fighting these fighters

im not really surprised by fedor huggers
you people live in the past and cant think clearly
View attachment 1029916

Fedor is the best HW champion of all time.

you casuals don’t respect the accomplishments of pioneers.

Training has evolved in the sense that new fighters have a better sense of what training is necessary. As far as technique evolving, I think that is a pipedream that doesn't match reality.

The lower-level fighters of today are more technically sound for a number of reasons, training being one of them. But the idea that fighters of today have better technique than Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Penn, and the other elites of the late 90s and early 2000s is not true. Arlovski is a 90s fighter that is still giving fighters trouble today. Anderson started in the late 90s.

A lot of Jones' opponents are from the old school BTW, so saying Fedor couldn't beat them because they are from a new generation is obviously false.

Jones is good at utilizing his long reach, but Fedor has faster and much harder punches.
Re-read my comment.....I didnt say Fedor couldn't beat them.....actually I was saying the opposite. I was saying, and I thought it was clear, that if Fedor was 25 years old now, he would be a different fighter than he was in his prime. He wouldn't brawl as much, he'd use the newest training methods that were not used back then. I wasnt talking about Fedor being transported in time and fighting his style against new people, I was saying if he were born 25 years ago and thus, be 25 years old now, he'd incorporate modern MMA ideas and be just as great as he was when he ruled.

DC would be the only tough fight

JBJ v Bader and Fedor v Bader are not good barometers at all

Bader improved a ton between jbj & Fedor

Meanwhile Fedor declined dramatically between crocop and werdum and even more by the time he fought bader

Back