Jones vs. Santos answered a question how would Jones do against prime Fedor

Prime Crocop would murder Jones. So would Arona, let alone the GOAT Fedor.

Jones had a flawless victory against the Champion Shogun. Prime Fedor would lose a close decision I reckon.

A Prime crocop or not - his TD defense was lacking. Jones would easily take him down with his wrestling and proceed to GnP.

That is just dumb...Fedor is old as shit right now with years of wear and tear on him, of course his chin is gonna be shit nowadays. Give an example of how his chin was never good.

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

fedor5.gif

Jones had a flawless victory against the Champion Shogun. Prime Fedor would lose a close decision I reckon.
again out of prime shogun, and he is a mw. Not to mention cage vs ring. Cage is Degen. Ring is pure sport.

A Prime crocop or not - his TD defense was lacking. Jones would easily take him down with his wrestling and proceed to GnP.
Lolwut, Crocop had one of the best sprawls of his era, elite getups and elite sub defense

The guy who struggled to take Anthony Smith isn't Gibbs gonna ragdoll fucking crocop.

totally sober and super intelligent?
Interpret this.

The prime narrative is just a running joke like young Erick Silva. Just another excuse, but Fedor fans are the only ones who take that silly narrative seriously- the sad part. Real men simply admit defeat to the better man that night and move on, others have to conjure up any excuse like God's Will to hold onto their aura.

who won that first (gif) fight? Second fight waay past prime. And if you have to lose, not a bad thing losing to 2nd goat. :)

At the same time, Fujita is nowhere near the level of Jones. You think Jones would let Fedor off the hook after that? Why was the second fight past his prime? Because he lost?

His chin was never great and his defense was always suspect. It's quite bad actually, he doesn't even keep his hands up.

Jones is afraid of Fedor's power and that makes him hesitant and scared to throw back. Fedor by landing more important shots in a five round fight. I see Jones scoring few oblique kicks, jabs and that is basically all. Fedor has more power than Santos and he is faster but I don't see him putting Jones away. I'm playing this fight in my head right now and only give Jones 10% chance of winning.

QAL3.gif
Pride or UFC? Jones gets him down and hellbows him or knees a grounded, like Smith.

At the same time, Fujita is nowhere near the level of Jones. You think Jones would let Fedor off the hook after that? Why was the second fight past his prime? Because he lost?

His chin was never great and his defense was always suspect. It's quite bad actually, he doesn't even keep his hands up.
and Jones is fighting in usada era (yet he gets a free pass to use roids), where fedor fought in roids era, and unless someone can prove it, he was clean (a purist of sport/combat). in addition...a lot of tech used to analyze opponents today vs a decade ago, 10 years difference. If Fedor from then was fighting now, there is no question who the better fighter is. Fedor more well rounded. Doesn't rely on dirty tactics (eye pokes, groin shots, and overall understood fight code). There is a reason why all real fighters claim Fedor is goat and give him utmost respect. Don't see anyone doing that for Jones, unless they trying to ride his curtail for facebook likes.

Jones would win, especially if it was in PRIDE... where they encouraged using steroids... he'd look like Ubereem and would beat Fedor... IMO

Arona?! Fuckin arona?! Not in a million goddam years. I like the Brazilian tiger as much as the next man but come on. His game was wrestling, he was sort of a shorter Tito that happened to fight in pride. Yes I know he did well against Fedor but that was in rings and a million years ago. Couple that with his suicidal, chin-in-the-air style and his ass is getting knocked the *fuck* out by Jones. No doubt in my mind.

Lol you're an amusing idiot and quite ironic that you have a frankie edgar av while bashing another tough fighter like Fedor for getting rocked in a fight by a hard hitter and coming back to win as if thats not important in fighting.

Trying to diminish Fujita even though he was as powerful as an ox and has way more punching power than Jones (who cant bust a grape with his hands)and landed a hail Mary lucky shot on Fedor and somehow that's supposed prove that Fedor would lose to Jones? Ya ok dumbass lol

Thats like saying look at what Vitor (who is known for being trash from his back) did to Jones!!!!! You think prime Fedor would let him off the hook there???

You see how dumb that is dumbass????

You clearly have a pro UFC cuck agenda here and that's ok just dont pretend like you know what you're talking about.

And Fedors fight against Hendo was a fight where Fedor was 6 years past his prime, on the downside of his career losing 2 in a row coming into that fight , fighting a steroid guzzling Henderson who was having a steroid fueled resurgence where he went on the best run of his career coming into that fight where he was more dangerous than hes ever been. Stopping Babalu, Feijao, Fedor, going on to beat the hell out of Shogun and then offered a fight against Jones for the belt.

Yea being 6 years past his prime and on a 2 fight losing streak was the wrong time for Fedor to be fighting that version of Hendo and Fedor got shot in a shootout. That loss doesn't define his career. We all know Pride Fedor while on his championship run would have stuffed Hendo into mayonaise jar.

Back