Jones/Sonnen....Has There Ever Been

Because Bader is known for his dominate wrestling in the UFC and that shot was from a mile away.

Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

GSP vs Serra 1

Because Bader is known for his dominate wrestling in the UFC and that shot was from a mile away.

Sonnen shoots from a mile away consistently. He's a chain wrestler and usually rushes in with a strike before a level change or a strong power double from the outside to get his opponent to the fence.

Bader is one of the stand out wrestlers at 205 btw, yes.

what makes you think chael will way 240 pounds on fight night not that I'm disagreeing with you but I just really genuinely didn't know it was possible to rehydrate that much weight in 1 day

Dolce recently said in an interview Chael was up around 240lb. It's known previous Chael walked around 230lb prior to a camp to get him down for middleweight. Since Chael has such a low body fat he essentially had to cut a lot of muscle to make middleweight.

I'm guessing since he can now fight at light heavy weight he has been eating even more and doing more weights to make 240lb. He knows he can cut 35lb as he has done it before. Essentially the Chael we see fight Jones will be the biggest and strongest we will have yet seen. TRT is a hell of a drug.

Mendes vs that one really goofy looking fuck from TUF, I forgot his name. Cory something?

Old orangutan limbs coiling his arms around Sonnen from the down position or landing from 6 to 12 elbows on the middle of his forehead is really not that far fetched. Jones is as close to a savant in every other aspect is it really hard to imagine him being at least half way decent off his back?

You are right, he could be a savant off his back, we will have to wait and see. It's a question of whether Chael can get him down though, his TDD is pretty good.... but on the other hand he also hasn't fought a 240lb heavy weight before with world class MMA wrestling.

This will be an insight into how Cain Velasquez vs Jones may go. For all we know Chael could come into this fight so strong due to lack of needing to cut muscle that he will put on a clinic. I doubt it, but it could happen.

You are right, he could be a savant off his back, we will have to wait and see. It's a question of whether Chael can get him down though, his TDD is pretty good.... but on the other hand he also hasn't fought a 240lb heavy weight before with world class MMA wrestling.

This will be an insight into how Cain Velasquez vs Jones may go. For all we know Chael could come into this fight so strong due to lack of needing to cut muscle that he will put on a clinic. I doubt it, but it could happen.

When did Chael become a HW?

240 or not, Chael isn't a HW

anythin can happen in a fight

matt serra vs gsp was one of the biggest upsets

So you expect Chael to do to Jones what he did to Silva? GTFO.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. TS asked if there was another situation where a fighter clearly didn't have a chance of winning.

I said anyone who fought A. Silva since he joined the UFC. I was making the point that Anderson Silva is the GOAT.

Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

Serra/GSP 1, without the power of hindsight, was a larger mismatch. This is MMA and anything can happen.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. TS asked if there was another situation where a fighter clearly didn't have a chance of winning.

I said anyone who fought A. Silva since he joined the UFC. I was making the point that Anderson Silva is the GOAT.

He used Sonnen / Jones as a point of reference. Sonnen clearly had a chance of winning, and almost did against Silva. So I say again, you really think that's comparable to what's going to happen with Jones / Sonnen?

I don't. Silva looks human and can be beat, from what we've seen of Jones he's pretty much indestructible at this point.

Also, has there ever been....I believe the TS said. Silva / Sonnen is a terrible example for people trying to say Anderson Silva.

He used Sonnen / Jones as a point of reference. Sonnen clearly had a chance of winning, and almost did against Silva. So I say again, you really think that's comparable to what's going to happen with Jones / Sonnen?

I don't. Silva looks human and can be beat, from what we've seen of Jones he's pretty much indestructible at this point.

Also, has there ever been....I believe the TS said. Silva / Sonnen is a terrible example for people trying to say Anderson Silva.

Jones elbow didn't look indestructible against Vitor's armbar attempt.

Back