Jones/Sonnen....Has There Ever Been

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

Anderson vs bonnar/okami 2
Gsp vs Fitch (you aren't going to decision gsp)

This is exactly how I felt when Neer/Edwards was made.

Silva - Bonnar has to be up there.

Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

The most obvious one I can think of would be Serra vs GSP. Serra clearly had zero chance of winning and was what 10 to 1 or worse underdog?

Its MMA, anything can and does happen.

im going for chael but i think your right.its the same with jds/mir,just cant imagine any way of jds losing.

yeah actually, I seem to remember there being a fight where a fighter had absolutely no chance of winning according to Sherdog, two actually.

Mir vs. Nog I

Chael vs. Anderson I.

everyone has a chance of winning doesnt matter who they fighting anything can happen, its unlikely to say the least but it could happen

Ortiz / Bader

Poor tito never had a chance. :icon_sad:

Back