Jones/Sonnen....Has There Ever Been

Chael has the style the beat anyone.

Mendes vs Mckenzie is the worst in recent memory.

Glover vs Maldonaldo aswell.

AS v most
GSP v wrestlers with heavy hands
Skyscraper v JDS

But must agree this is probably worse than Silva v Bonnar. Chael might be able to get him down but even if he does then what? He might get subbed or reversed.

The only thing I like about the fight is that Chael will have JBJ running backwards for most of the fight (lol maybe 1 round).

Last edited:

Except the 10~ people that have beat him.

Also, he just doesn't matchup well with Jones. I doubt he gets close enough to shoot, and if he does, he's just going to get wrapped up and tripped.

This fight will look very similar to Jones v Evans with Jones fighting long and keeping distance.

Strange fight to make. Has anyone asked for this fight?

Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

Look no further than GSP vs Diaz. :rolleyes:

Except the 10~ people that have beat him.

Also, he just doesn't matchup well with Jones. I doubt he gets close enough to shoot, and if he does, he's just going to get wrapped up and tripped.

This fight will look very similar to Jones v Evans with Jones fighting long and keeping distance.

Chael will at least to try to use his wrestling, Shad didn't even try.

Its just a gimme fight for Jones to pad his record.

If you by some chance Chael "wins" there will be an immediate rematch
and I wont purchase that PPV either.

2zfk6iv.jpg

Has there ever been a fight like this where one guy clearly doesn't have a hope of winning?

This isn't a Chael bashing thread either, i'm actually a fan of his. Just a fan with common sense. He can't KO or TKO Jones, he can't submit Jones and he can't dominate him for 5 rounds.

Can you name any other fights where one guy had literally no possible way to win?

GSP vs Fitch comes to mind

Jon Jones is a -800 favorite
Chad Mendez is a -1600 favorite tonight.
So the answer is yes.

Mendes vs Mckenzie is the worst in recent memory.

Glover vs Maldonaldo aswell.

and yet we still had people picking McKenzie by "McKenzietine" lol

My pick is Shogun vs Machida 1 and 2. In the first fight Shogun had ZERO chance and in the second one Machida was going to make "adjustments" and therefore couldn't be beaten. :icon_chee

The most obvious one I can think of would be Serra vs GSP. Serra clearly had zero chance of winning and was what 10 to 1 or worse underdog?

Its MMA, anything can and does happen.

This. I hate these threads. I'm a fan of both of these fighters. Do I think Jones will win? Yes. Is it just as likely that Chael will win? Yes.

JDS v Mir

Everybody knew what would happen. Most pointless match making ever.

Back