Jones size compared to Reyes

Jones isn't a power puncher because he trains at Jacksons and a lot of their fighters have that puzzling lack of punching power. Look at Holly and GSP. None of them throw power shots right. Look at the power Jones gets on his GNP like against DC 2 and tell me that he's physically incapable of generating power.. he has the physique to be ferocious.

Good point concerning Jacksons. None of their elite fighters have had boxing that is worth a shit. they took away Arlovskis hands. They took away Travis Brownes hands. Cerrone's hands have gotten better since leaving. Condit never had good boxing like he was capable of because of Jackson.

Something weird in how they train there. Maybe its more defense oriented i dont know.

Yes (officially and the second fight is obviously Jones'), BUT imo gus took the first one
EDIT: wish we could have seen the rematch when gus was motivated and not being a bitch
<{hughesimpress}>

Jones-Gus_2.jpg

101_Jon_Jones_x_Alexander_Gustafsson.0.jpg

I’d like to see this fight but Reyes doesn’t have a real solid resume of wins. Split decision against Volkan, good fight was really close and KO’n Weidman might not mean much at this point, his chin is gone.

Cannioner and OSP are solid wins but nothing special and the rest of his resume isn’t quality, I’d love for him to spark Jones but I just question if he’s been in the fights to be ready for him.

People forget that Jones defense is pretty solid and the few times he's been cracked hard, he's eaten them like candy, the man for sure has an iron chin.

Jones should fight Stipe, and winner of Walker vs Anderson against Reyes for the next TS. Beating Weidman doesn't really mean much to me in terms of making me interested in seeing him in a fight with JJ.

When will people realize that literally every good striker who's also good at kicking, isn't undersized and has a good TDD, is a bad matchup for Jon Jones?
Thiago Santos is probably the best kicker out of anyone at mw/ LHW and HW outside of Israel adesanya

Using him as a frame of reference doesn't work, there aren't many who have the skillset to challenge jones in the kicking game like Thiago did

I don't know if you've watched it, but in his only "loss" he almost killed a man. He also almost killed the champ when he took the title. Just because he plays it safe sometimes and fights some really tough guys who keep him in check doesn't mean he isn't scary af.

I suppose death by a thousand papercuts can be intimidating for some.

When will people realize that literally every good striker who's also good at kicking, isn't undersized and has a good TDD, is a bad matchup for Jon Jones?
Prob when he actually struggles against those guys?

Don't get me wrong i agree to an extent. Jon is willing to take less chances against guys closer to his size, but still then he beats them decisively.

I do think the guy to beat him needs ko power. And both walker and reyes got it.

Reyes has no chance. All this talking him up is bullshit. Hes not in Jones league.
End of story.

Thiago Santos is probably the best kicker out of anyone at mw/ LHW and HW outside of Israel adesanya

Using him as a frame of reference doesn't work, there aren't many who have the skillset to challenge jones in the kicking game like Thiago did
Well i didn't really mean to use Thiago Santos as frame of reference albeit it's true that he's shown how effective leg kicks are against Jones.

If the takedown defense holds up, i see Reyes, Rakic and possibly Walker chopping at Jones' legs and while there's just not a lot of footage from Walker, Reyes and Rakic have shown that they're very (very) good at beating their opponents legs (and bodies) up with precise and devastating kicks.

The thing is also, that everyone of them is bigger than Santos, and Walker and Rakic are also bigger than Jones.
With his so far good looking takedown defense and very polished striking (both boxing and kicking) i see Reyes already being a big threat to Jones, nevermind the explosive Juggernauts that are Rakic and Walker, although i do not know how good their defense wrestling is, but their power, striking ability and size will give just about anyone problems on the feet.

Prob when he actually struggles against those guys?

Don't get me wrong i agree to an extent. Jon is willing to take less chances against guys closer to his size, but still then he beats them decisively.

I do think the guy to beat him needs ko power. And both walker and reyes got it.
I mean: when has Jones faced a fighter who ticks all of the following boxes:
  • ~ 6'4"/193cm in height
  • ~ 77"/195cm+ reach (ideally 79"/200cm+)
  • (Very) good takedown defense
  • good boxing and kicking
Gus (1) and Santos were Jones most competitive fights, and i think that:
a) Gus could've won if he was a better kicker
and b) Santos would've beat Jones if he was closer in size + reach (albeit Santos isn't known for the best TDD, but then again Jones didn't really try to take him down).

Jones will murder anyone...including Reyes.

Reyes should stick to fighting gatekeepers, and building his brand, until Jones retires. Or, wait until Jones screws up, again, and win one of those interim belts.
Jones hasn't really murdered anyone for many years...unless you call an awkward and somewhat lucky head kick to a very short guy "murder". He did actually manage to finish Gus but Gus is done. Jones himself will be next.

Last edited:
Back