Jones size compared to Reyes

If PED free Jones shows up Reyes will be bigger
upload_2019-10-20_11-20-52.png

Jones will murder anyone...including Reyes.

Reyes should stick to fighting gatekeepers, and building his brand, until Jones retires. Or, wait until Jones screws up, again, and win one of those interim belts.

LOL at Jones 'murdering' anyone. In 25 fights he has a whopping 2 KOs.

<{hughesimpress}>

Jones-Gus_2.jpg

101_Jon_Jones_x_Alexander_Gustafsson.0.jpg
That doesn't contradict what the dude said.

Gus doesn't fight at kicking range, can't beat black guys anyway, and has tried to retire at least once or twice and it's shown in the last several years where he hardly ever fights and has gone 3-5. He and Jones had a coin flip decision when his heart was still in it.

Probably when one of them manage to beat him you absolute clown
One does not need to see a fight actually go down in order to assess how fighters match up to one another.
Another thing is, that in order for them to beat Jones, Jones would need to fight them first.

Besides that: calm down, you sound angry.

The other UFC belt was so much classier. This new modern look is horrible, can't believe they actually thought that was a good idea

That doesn't contradict what the dude said.

Gus doesn't fight at kicking range, can't beat black guys anyway, and has tried to retire at least once or twice and it's shown in the last several years where he hardly ever fights and has gone 3-5. He and Jones had a coin flip decision when his heart was still in it.
Don't know what skin color has to do with this, but thanks for pointing the thing with the kicking out.
People act like Jones has beat every type of fighter and while he's beat a lot of different fighters, he hasn't fought a similar sized striker with good takedown defense and a proficient kicking game once.

At 6'4"/193 cm of height, having a 84.5"/215 cm reach (at light heavyweight) with good striking from distance and the clinch plus great wrestling (both offensively and defensively), Jones is an extremely bad matchup for almost anyone, but it's only reasonable to think that he's pretty beatable for the type of fighter i've mentioned.

Don't know what skin color has to do with this, but thanks for pointing the thing with the kicking out.
People act like Jones has beat every type of fighter and while he's beat a lot of different fighters, he hasn't fought a similar sized striker with good takedown defense and a proficient kicking game once.

At 6'4"/193 cm of height, having a 84.5"/215 cm reach (at light heavyweight) with good striking from distance and the clinch plus great wrestling (both offensively and defensively), Jones is an extremely bad matchup for almost anyone, but it's only reasonable to think that he's pretty beatable for the type of fighter i've mentioned.
It's not a real thing, just a funny observation someone made that he's beaten every white guy he's fought and lost to every black guy. The big question was whether this law applied to biracial guys with Anthony Smith, and it turns out it does.

Jones is great at keeping punchers at kicking range where they're pretty ineffective until they get frustrated and rush in too quickly and get clinched and taken down. Someone needs to be comfortable fighting at that range to not have to force their way into boxing range.

Man jones is wide AF, also has tiny legs and arms maybe that explain why he is not a power puncher, but has the frame of hw, look at this pic compared to reyes

Dom T-Rex Reyes

Man jones is wide AF, also has tiny legs and arms maybe that explain why he is not a power puncher, but has the frame of hw, look at this pic compared to reyes

Jones isn't a power puncher because he trains at Jacksons and a lot of their fighters have that puzzling lack of punching power. Look at Holly and GSP. None of them throw power shots right. Look at the power Jones gets on his GNP like against DC 2 and tell me that he's physically incapable of generating power.. he has the physique to be ferocious.

Jones will murder anyone...including Reyes.

Reyes should stick to fighting gatekeepers, and building his brand, until Jones retires. Or, wait until Jones screws up, again, and win one of those interim belts.

There is definitely a part of me that would like to see Jones walk out with an L and a slice of humble pie, but I don't expect to see it happen any time soon. Same goes for Khabib... I'll believe it when I see it. As the saying goes- you have to beat the best to be the best... Gus was the closest, but he has taken a few steps backward at this point.

Jones walks around at 235. His brothers are 300lb NFL'ers. He really should and will fight HW. Reyes is good but just too small. Even Gustaffson or Cormier would beat him. That might be a good fight for Gus to take if he comes back.

It's a Dom thing.

Jones' upper body is normal, it's reyes' slender body that resembles a ferrits', just like Dominick Cruz

There is definitely a part of me that would like to see Jones walk out with an L and a slice of humble pie, but I don't expect to see it happen any time soon. Same goes for Khabib... I'll believe it when I see it. As the saying goes- you have to beat the best to be the best... Gus was the closest, but he has taken a few steps backward at this point.
Dumb White Belt!

J/K, your post was as logical as it gets around here.

Reyes has a good reach, better boxing, good tdd and more power. He'll find the chin of post usada Jones.

That all might be true except the reach part..

Reyes does not have good reach for his height, 77 inches. For some perspective that is only 3 inches longer than Mcgregor's 74 inch reach, who is 5'8 (To be fair, Conor does have an abnormally great reach for his height, like Jon Jones)... Reyes 77 inches vs Jones' 84 inch reach...That is a pretty big gap and why i don't think Reyes is the guy to dethrone Jones...

However, if Johnnie Walker keeps improving his ground and overall game, we are talking about someone 6'5 with an 82 inch reach . What makes Jones so great is his distance management and mastery of using his physical advantages in his fight style/standup..He is always fighting long against strikers (with much less reach than Jones) and not getting tagged often at all. I think the guy to dethrone Jones will be someone that matches up with him dimensionally (height/reach) with better striking and great takedown defense. I dont think they have to be as strong as Jones necessarily or a great wrestler..Fyi Israel has 81 inch reach as well and is 6'4..He also kickboxed much larger men and finished some. Not saying he d beat Jones right now, but I think he could do better than Reyes. .

LOL at Jones 'murdering' anyone. In 25 fights he has a whopping 2 KOs.
I don't know if you've watched it, but in his only "loss" he almost killed a man. He also almost killed the champ when he took the title. Just because he plays it safe sometimes and fights some really tough guys who keep him in check doesn't mean he isn't scary af.

Back