News Jones says Aspinall fight possible. He may not retire after Stipe depending on performance

It wouldn't shock me if Jon kept fighting. Not like he has built some business or career outside of the sport like some other guys have.

At 1 fight a year, I’m not holding my hope up. If it happens, great. If it doesn’t, no big deal.

Let's sum this up.................UFC pays me enough I'll fight Tom since he has been running his mouth enough about me to actually notice him.

P.S.: Performance, he dismantled Gane like it was training session.

Holy shit Jones is pure jokes. But the truth is beating a geriatric Stipe doesn't do much for his legacy. However beating guys like Aspinall, Almeida, Blaydes and whoever else in their primes will generate more value for his claim as the greatest MMA fighter.

I believe he beats those 3 guys, he'll be clearly the GOAT. This coming from a huge Fedor fan.

To the educated fan, sure. To blow joe and probably on some level Jones they look at Stipe as better win than him beating all three of those other guys.

This tells us all we need to know. He is still not confident how he performs against elite heavyweights and wants to test himself against an easier opponent with more name value. If he goes out there and smokes Stipe it may give him the confidence to fight Aspinall.

He keeps playing his fans.

Remember Conor.. Thanks for the cheese. And a cpl years later literally said he didn’t care about his fans. He just wants their money.

I can’t even grasp the concept of actively cheering for a massive lowlife like Jones.

There is ZERO chance he fights anybody other than Stipe (Gane).

1707592401420.gif

He’s gonna wait til Aspinall is a 40+ year old or coming off a serious injury from camp, classic Jones.

Usada is gone, these fighters born in the 80s are getting a second youth.

I don't know why Jon moved up if he knew he was going be such a massive cherrypicking pussy about HW matchups. Like suddenly he doesn't understand the dynamic of the best fighting the best lol. How is he not embarrassed to be pushing this Stipe fight when absolutely nobody considers it legitimate and it is such an obvious duck bout? Oh well he reads his twatter and tictac every day and is getting the message loud and clear but regardless of anything he says, he still doesn't want any smoke from Aspinall.

I don't know why Jon moved up if he knew he was going be such a massive cherrypicking pussy about HW matchups. Like suddenly he doesn't understand the dynamic of the best fighting the best lol. How is he not embarrassed to be pushing this Stipe fight when absolutely nobody considers it legitimate and it is such an obvious duck bout? Oh well he reads his twatter and tictac every day and is getting the message loud and clear but regardless of anything he says, he still doesn't want any smoke from Aspinall.
first of all you calling JBJ a pussy is laughable he'd eat you alive and has already beaten everyone you rooted for against him

second I'm not sure how fighting the number 2 heavyweight in the world is cherry picking, cyril gane is in his prime

you see if I wanted to talk about cherry picking I'd mention someone like GSP, comes back after 3 years and picks the weakest middle weight champion in ufc history, a one eyed bisping who barely got bast dan henderson, way past his prime and way out of shape.

Aspinall would be nothing for Jon Jones, he's leagues above everyone in heavyweight, he doesn't want to fight aspainall because aspinalls name brings nothing to the table, stipes name brings more viewers meaning more money, a bigger legacy and is a fight REAL FANS have been wanting to see for years, let these two LEGENDS fight and you stay in your place little man

Last edited:
first of all you calling JBJ a pussy is laughable he'd eat you alive and has already beaten everyone you rooted for against him

second I'm not sure how fighting the number 2 heavyweight in the world is cherry picking, cyrin gane is in his prime

you see if I wanted to talk about cherry picking I'd mention someone like GSP, comes back after 3 years and picks the weakest middle weight champion in ufc history, a one eyed bisping who barely got bast dan henderson, way past his prime and way out of shape.

Aspinall would be nothing for Jon Jones, he's leagues above everyone in heavyweight, he doesn't want to fight aspainall because aspinalls name brings nothing to the table, stipes name brings more viewers meaning more money, a bigger legacy and is a fight REAL FANS have been wanting to see for years, let these two LEGENDS fight and you stay in your place little man
Scripted fanboy bullshit. yawn

Back