Jones posses no threat to Glover

okusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This fight is an MMA gambler's wet dream because Jones will be the heavy favorite and Glover will simply walk through him. You think he got exposed fighting a guy his size? Wait until he fights a guy who isn't 3 or 4 years out of his prime with crazy power in his fists and a long enough reach. Jones won't take Glover down, he will not even be able to pull off anything on the feet short of an out of nowhere spinning elbow. I doubt he will get a chance for that though, Glover will maul him in the first few rounds, if Jones even survives he will be fighting like a wounded animal.

The facts are simple:

Jones cannot take Glover down
AND he has a very distinct disadvantage on the feet

Glover on the other hand is FAR more likely to take Jones down, especially after a good punch. Glover simply posses all the threats, while Jones posses few in contrast.

The people saying things like Glover is too slow to bring it to Jones, please. What is Jones, Frankie Edgar or mighty mouse? Their speed is virtually identical.

After this fight I will be making it rain like an Indian witch doctor.

LOL Whatever. Jones is not going anywhere haters...

TS thinks Glover can beat JBJ, and said Jones cant take Glover down, TS id hilarious, TS, you da MAN!

Glover won't be as quick as Gus especially with his hands and he's not athletic enough to deal with Jones. I like Glover but saying Jones poses no threat to him is laughable.

Cant take Glover down lmao,

Nice amount of respect the LHW division is now receiving.

Makes wins that much more valuable.

Man, people are in fucking denial about this fight lol

This fight is an MMA gambler's wet dream because Jones will be the heavy favorite and Glover will simply walk through him. You think he got exposed fighting a guy his size? Wait until he fights a guy who isn't 3 or 4 years out of his prime with crazy power in his fists and a long enough reach. Jones won't take Glover down, he will not even be able to pull off anything on the feet short of an out of nowhere spinning elbow. I doubt he will get a chance for that though, Glover will maul him in the first few rounds, if Jones even survives he will be fighting like a wounded animal.

The facts are simple:

Jones cannot take Glover down
AND he has a very distinct disadvantage on the feet

Glover on the other hand is FAR more likely to take Jones down, especially after a good punch. Glover simply posses all the threats, while Jones posses few in contrast.

The people saying things like Glover is too slow to bring it to Jones, please. What is Jones, Frankie Edgar or mighty mouse? Their speed is virtually identical.

After this fight I will be making it rain like an Indian witch doctor.

I think Glover could be the man to end Jones title reign after watching Jones versus Gustafsson's fight.

I'll be rooting for Glover too, but you know you're in for an epic bump if he loses.

Glover has the proverbial puncher's chance but I think Jones is too big for him to deal with over the course of a fight. He can't stand at range like Gus was doing. He has to get inside or he will be picked apart for sure. If JBJ got him down I don't know how fast Glover would be able to get up before being elbowed to death also.

Oh stop, I'm probably the biggest Glover fan on here but to say Jones poses no threat to Glover is extremely ludicrous.

honestly, I'm no fan of JBJ... but if Glover beats Jones, it would be a fluke. Glover gets tired too quickly, doesnt have the footwork to get inside effectively, and doesn't necessarily have the guard to pull off the submission.

My guess? TKO, round 3 or 4 for JBJ

You serious or what?

Back