Jones posses no threat to Glover

It's very common for MMA fans to predict what they want to happen, and not what they really think will happen deep down. I've even caught myself doing that and I'm fully aware of it.

I'm no Jones nuthugger, but he eats top #3 LHWs for breakfast. Glover hasn't even fought a top #10 LHW.

That said, I hope Glover wins but the smart money is on Jones.

Right , put all your money on Glvoer then TS see how that works out.

maybe you are right... or maybe jones will keep glover at bay with kicks long enough for him to use his athleticism to take him down and beat him up. maybe jones will gas glover hard over some rounds and then get the TKO / sub. maybe jones will rock glover standing (it has happened in a few of his UFC fights) and then finish the job on the mat. you NEVER know in this game.

I'm not a fan of Jones, actually he has beaten 2 of my favorite fighters in Machida and Gustafsson, but he will destroy Glover.

This fight is an MMA gambler's wet dream because Jones will be the heavy favorite and Glover will simply walk through him. You think he got exposed fighting a guy his size? Wait until he fights a guy who isn't 3 or 4 years out of his prime with crazy power in his fists and a long enough reach. Jones won't take Glover down, he will not even be able to pull off anything on the feet short of an out of nowhere spinning elbow. I doubt he will get a chance for that though, Glover will maul him in the first few rounds, if Jones even survives he will be fighting like a wounded animal.

The facts are simple:

Jones cannot take Glover down
AND he has a very distinct disadvantage on the feet

Glover on the other hand is FAR more likely to take Jones down, especially after a good punch. Glover simply posses all the threats, while Jones posses few in contrast.

The people saying things like Glover is too slow to bring it to Jones, please. What is Jones, Frankie Edgar or mighty mouse? Their speed is virtually identical.

After this fight I will be making it rain like an Indian witch doctor.

actually i agree, glover wil not be scared of jones and just pressure him and punch him in the face, jones will be going hard for the takedown and all you ppl will see that jones is overrated, and 4real no disrespect

I like Glover in this fight, I think he will do well. Im not gonna make a prediction on who will win until were closer to the fight.

You cant really see how well someone will do this far out without training camp even starting yet.

Glover is kind of slow/plodding and gets hit a lot.
Jones will use his speed and reach advantage to score a lot.
Now if Glover could catch a kick and end up on top that could = broken Bones.
However with that being said I would favor Jon in this fight, although I will cheer for Glover.

I really don't get why people confuse if they like a fighter with if they are good.
You shouldn't have to love Jones to know he is a great fighter...

Well, Gus has cracked Jon's aura of invincibility by going toe to toe with him for 5 rounds. We'll see if Glover will be able to break it. I'm still picking Jones to win though.

Glover is kind of slow/plodding and gets hit a lot.
Jones will use his speed and reach advantage to score a lot.
Now if Glover could catch a kick and end up on top that could = broken Bones.
However with that being said I would favor Jon in this fight, although I will cheer for Glover.

I really don't get why people confuse if they like a fighter with if they are good.
You shouldn't have to love Jones to know he is a great fighter...

He really doesnt get hit...please watch his fights. Watch his blocking and head movement.....its better then pretty much most LHW's.

Glover has a chin. He took full haymakers from Maldonado and Bader- probably 2 of the hardest hitting LHWs in the biz, and while he was dazed he never left his feet.

But to say he gets 'hit a lot' because he ate a couple of haymakers is ridiculous.

He hasn't been challenged since entering the UFC.

Glover isnt quick enough to get inside on jones and jones will be ready for the td. He will control the distance most likely leading to a unanimous decision.

Back