Jones performance overrated...

It was a close fight, DC just got tired, Jones is the most overrated fighter in UFC.
He's only good against middle weights while having a heavyweight frame, he is very well rounded though

It's not really psychology man. Guys who try to get the finish and don't conserve energy usually lose a decision. Jones trolled DC hard the entire fight and it worked. DC wanted to punish him and didn't pace himself. Eventually he was so gotten to that he cared more about getting one takedown than winning rounds.

He was going to lose either way, his tank failed at some point mid fight. But I agree, DC's best chance at winning was those uppercuts, wrestling fucked him, his own bread'n'butter.

It was a close fight, DC just got tired, Jones is the most overrated fighter in UFC.
He's only good against middle weights while having a heavyweight frame, he is very well rounded though

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

What middleweights has he fought?

Jones got tired before Cormier did.

Jones is right up there with Anderson and Fedor on being the best well rounded fighter ever.

Did Jones get hit? Yes. Did Jones hit DC? Yes because it is a fight. Jones fought a fight DC wanted and beat him at it. Jones controlled him for the most in the click snd on the cage. The slam TS was pointless you don't get points for a slam.You call Jones's trip TD cheap or whatever but say that DC landed a monster slam. Did it do anything? No. Bottom line is Jones won the fight. Was it a one sided whipping like Glover? Not at all. DC just rag dolled Hendo and had some people raving about him, ran through most HW's he fought and had never lost a round. Plus he put some beating on guys(Barnett I recall right away) and was a very highly regarded wrestler. Jones was able to out DC DC in the fight.

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

What middleweights has he fought?

Jones got tired before Cormier did.

Jones is right up there with Anderson and Fedor on being the best well rounded fighter ever.

Chael, Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, Machida all have the frame of middleweights
Also Anderson wasn't that well rounded. And DC got tired first,,
Next time watch with your eyes open

That's one way to look at the fight and you're entitled to your opinion. It's kind of like when someone watches your favorite comedy, turns to you at the end and says "I don't get it."

The fight was impressive for a number of reasons. No one had seen DC get taken down before. Within the first minute of the first round, DC was on the ground with Jon on his back. Call it a trip from a leg kick all you want, DC was on the ground and Jon was on top of him. In another round Jon took him down twice. Some may argue that Jon let DC back up simply to put him on his butt again.

For a guy who was saying "if I want to take you down 100 times, I'm going to take you down 100 times", and watch him work so hard on a single leg only for Jon to stuff it completely, that's impressive.

To see Jon's clinch game evolve once again, this too is impressive. Nobody controls DC on the cage or reverses the grappling position on DC...again, impressive.

Seeing Jon take some of the uppercuts that DC threw at him in the first 2 rounds, solidifying once again that Jon has a solid chin, is impressive.

To see Jon toss DC to the ground and then "son" him at the end of the third round I believe is also impressive.

So TS, it's all about perspective and realizing just how important the little things are in a fight at this level.

Well said. These are pretty much the exact reasons why I found Jones's performance against Cormier very impressive. Like Jon said himself, maybe it wasn't the most technically sexy performance, but it's safe to say it wasn't suppose to be. The motif in what he wanted to accomplish was to embrace the grind and beat DC at where he surely would of been more comfortable. Basically saying, you don't have to find away around my reach, I'm coming to you. Grinding is seldom a pretty occurrence, unless you enjoy and respect what's going on. I, for one, enjoyed it quite a bit.

If that is your opinion you really need to evaluate what you consider a good fighter. Machida, Rampage, Shogun all former champs, all finished by Jones. Yes Machida went to MW but the rest did not. Jones is not the biggest LHW ever. By your math Alexander is also a HW.

Probably won't be a fight I'll be rewatching. Although I dislike Jones I used to enjoy his earlier fights. Lately most of them have no replay value.

If that is your opinion you really need to evaluate what you consider a good fighter. Machida, Rampage, Shogun all former champs, all finished by Jones. Yes Machida went to MW but the rest did not. Jones is not the biggest LHW ever. By your math Alexander is also a HW.

Jones is great and an insane talent, that does not mean he cannot be incredibly overrated at the same time. To me the Gustafson fight showed a lot, and Jones is a huge LHW and so is Gus. Just look at the weight in photos of his fights agains Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Shogun etc.

Very close fight the first 3 rounds, but DC's cardio is just not good enough as expected.
I dont ever see DC beating Jones

Those who think Jones would beat Cain, are you for real? kind of funny how lost some people are

Chael, Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, Machida all have the frame of middleweights
Also Anderson wasn't that well rounded. And DC got tired first,,
Next time watch with your eyes open

Watch what? Bones prove again that he is a level ahead of even the best guys? I saw it, and it was impressive.

Watch what? Bones prove again that he is a level ahead of even the best guys? I saw it, and it was impressive.

You are correct, I was implying it wasn't the domination people are making it out to be and in my opinion DC's cardio was a significant variable

Jones is great and an insane talent, that does not mean he cannot be incredibly overrated at the same time. To me the Gustafson fight showed a lot, and Jones is a huge LHW and so is Gus. Just look at the weight in photos of his fights agains Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Shogun etc.

What did it show, that everyone scored that fight for Jones? Yea Gus gave him a tough fight, he still lost by everyone's scorecards.

zyN2Su0.jpg

It was way closer than the Jones lovers/Cormier haters are making it out to be. Jones won, cheated a few times, end of story.

It was way closer than the Jones lovers/Cormier haters are making it out to be. Jones won, cheated a few times, end of story.

Right, bones wins because he is a cheater. Well fuck. I was gonna say you may be watching the GOAT and not even know it. Way easier to just come on over to the dark side, the water is great.

Very close fight the first 3 rounds, but DC's cardio is just not good enough as expected.
I dont ever see DC beating Jones

Those who think Jones would beat Cain, are you for real? kind of funny how lost some people are
After the first three rounds it was 2-1 Jones. The third round was close but was won by Jones.

Jones just beat an unbeaten HW who apparently pushes Cain to the max. Jones is going to end up as GOAT.

What did it show, that everyone scored that fight for Jones? Yea Gus gave him a tough fight, he still lost by everyone's scorecards.

zyN2Su0.jpg

Without his physical advantages he's very vulnerable, that's why he's ducking HW and having nightmares of Gus. Jones wishes he could fight at middleweight, where he would be twice the size of his opponents :)

Back