Jones performance overrated...

PotatoKing

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I didn't get to see the fight live, but I kept up with it on social media, and Sherdog.

After watching the fight the day after, in NO WAY did Jones live up to the performance all these fair-weather fans were posting about.

Yes, Jones out struck DC 92-58, and got 3 takedowns, but one of those takedowns came off of a sloppy kick thrown by DC in the 1st. Nothing spectacular at all.

Of the heaviest punches landed, DC landed 3 uppercuts that would have sent most people time-traveling, and a monster slam in the 5th.

I understand Jones won the fight 49-46 on all 3 cards, but even that is too favorable.

I went back to look at the fight and see Bones' dominant performance, and what I saw was a fight I scored 48-47 for Jones, because he is Champ. To beat the Champ you have to take the belt, and DC didn't do that. But if it were a non-title fight, there could have easily been an argument for a draw.

Front runners, and over excited commentating really blew Jones performance out of proportion.

Jones beat Cormier handily on his own game. This is a fighter people claimed could be the king at HW and hadn't lost a round in 15 fights so far.

Not impressive? K.

I agree. Be ready to be called salty, Jones hater and for some to want to taste your tears for some odd reason

You're an idiot who doesn't know what he's watching and likes to blame it on Joe Rogan when the whole world disagrees with his opinions.

Jones did what no one else could do and that's beat DC. That alone is impressive enough.

it was not a draw. it would not have been scored differently.

i think it's less impressive now that some people have diminished their view of dc. under that microscope it's less impressive now (but not really).

I hate Jones, but he just keeps beating the best guys in the world.
How can he be overrated?

Calling that fight a draw makes me very happy you don't judge MMA events.

I could see an argument for a 48-47 (though I'd disagree), but a draw? Hell, no.

I'd probably think the same if I'd been sherdog &social media before watching for myself.

Plenty of people were effectively scoring Jones stuffing takedowns as knockdowns

Jones beat Cormier handily on his own game. This is a fighter people claimed could be the king at HW and hadn't lost a round in 15 fights so far.

Not impressive? K.

Umm I dont really recall hearing too many sane people say that and if they did then they were probably delusional Bones Haters.

Who has DC beat besides Barnett?

And if you mean "beat at his own game" by outcardioing DC then yeah. I mean Shogun took Mark freaking Coleman down pretty easily after he gassed.

I agree, but Jon showed he was the better man when he won 4th and 5th easily.
But the fight was far from a domination. He took Cormier's soul with the doubles though and outgrinded him, I gotta give it to him.
But first 3 rounds were pretty close.

I don't think anyone really won round 5, first 3 were close. I had Jones 2-1, 4th round is a crystal clear Jones round. Would have been OK with 48-47, this was a close fight. I personally had what everyone else had 49-46 with only round 2 to DC. Its tough though to blow away a guy who never lost a round much less a fight coming in. That's the standards I guess people have for Jones though.

Umm I dont really recall hearing too many sane people say that and if they did then they were probably delusional Bones Haters.

Who has DC beat besides Barnett?

And if you mean "beat at his own game" by outcardioing DC then yeah. I mean Shogun took Mark freaking Coleman down pretty easily after he gassed.

Lmao what a joke.

This guy uses every inch of his frame to avoid taking shots from decrepit LHWs and Bloated MWs. I can only imagine Johnny Bones fighting people taller than him with a 20lbs + weight advantage. The only guy hes faced his size (Gus) slapped him around for a mojority of their fight.

Cain and Werdum would fold him up

JDS, Travis Browne, and Stipe would wreck him

Overeem already broke Jones leg with a single leg kick.

The rest of the division has a good punchers chance.

Jones hater exposed.

Cormier was a two-time olympic wrestler and olympic team captain. Cain's training partner and the uncrowned number 2 heavyweight who ragdolls elite fighters like Barnett and Hendo. He is arguably the top wrestler in MMA along with Askren. Jones outwrestled the supposed top wrestler in MMA who placed 4th in the olympics and ragdolled an elite HW grappler Barnett; and is overrated? Give me a break lol

Back