Jones lacks the "holy crap" moments Fedor and Silva had

Destroys Shogun to get the title, and drops Machida with a standing guillotine choke. yes he has had great moments. Saying otherwise just shows a person to be another JJ hater that never wants to give him any credit no matter what he does.

jones+chokes+machida+gif.gif

2wn1laf_jpg.gif

Honestly, I was saying "Oh, shit" when he started tossing Daniel fucking Cormier. Shit was incredulous.

making shogun tap to strikes and choking machida was holy shit

but not comparable to Anderson's highlight reel, is what you mean to say

I get what you're saying.
With Fedor, there's a big chance his opponent is taking a nap or tapping. With Silva, something new or bizarre always happens. With Jones, I don't hesitate to get up to grab a snack or go take a whiz, but he gets the job done.

I said holy shit with each takedown he got on DC, knowing Sherdog was exploding. Idk what youre talking about.

One edge I would say Fedor has over Anderson and to a lesser degree Jones is that after the Arona fight he never really had a match where he looked second best or indeed even level pegging with an opponent for extended periods until he actually lost.

Anderson had a few fights were he was losing one or more rounds quite clearly before finishing, Jones has dropped rounds to Machida, Gus and Cormier plus had long spells vs many fighters were he was just edging it.

Probably the closest you could say with Fedor would be Hunt having what 2-3 mins of ground control and a limited sub threat then Arlovski looking slightly better standing for around the same time until he was KOed. Matches like Fujita and Randleman were really an opponent having an inspired moment but then quickly being finished.

There are some missed kicks he does that (if they landed) I'd "holy shit".

I agree, the glory days of MMA are behind us. Nothing amazing anymore from the champions.

true, but its easy to do wonders to bums, fedor was fighting against cans mostly

Lately, yes. But it has to do with how hard people prepare for him now. Fedor and Ando were able to do it even later in their careers.... but Jone doesnt for whatever reason. Part may be competition is better nowadays.

true, but its easy to do wonders to bums, fedor was fighting against cans mostly

Poor assessment.

I guess what I meant to say was Jones doesn't have the ability to Zulu

I'm not sure he could even Zulu, Zulu. So don't come at me with that.

The moments you're pissing in your empty beer bottle because you're afraid to leave the room in fear of missing the finish.

If Bones had dynamite in his fists it would be completely different. The only strikes I see him throw with bad intentions are those elbows. Great win over Cormier but I'm still sticking with Fedor and Silva no matter how many sherdoggers update their goat sigs :)

I agree with you kinda, as much of a fan I am of his fighting he definitely isn't one of those fighters where you can't believe what you're seeing.

When you watched some of Silva's or Fedor's fights, sometimes you couldn't believe what you were watching.

With Jones, I'm always amazed with his performance but it was always believable to me. Especially since he's a massive LHW and would probably even be considered a big heavyweight if he joined that division.

Sure he does. The Jones body drop of Machida lives in Lore. The visual of the warrior Shogun tapping to strikes. He has the spinning elbows of flattened Stephen Bonnar. The one sent had Gus in all worlds of trouble. He doesn't have the bad oh chit moments either. The Fedor-Werum dafuq moment. He visual of Bigfoot sitting on Fedors chest or getting knocked out cold by a middleweight. Nor does he had the Silva doing the bernie then getting knocked out by Weidman, getting subbed by Chonan or getting is leg Snapped by Weidman II.

Have you ever seen a Jon Jones HL reel. A hater thread.

Jones has absolutely no power with his strikes his main strengh easy to say is his size.

Anderson and Fedor were just wow nuff said.

Fedor was cool because you never knew what he was gonna do. Jones and Anderson tend to use their range, but Jones lacks that snap so the fight goes on longer. All three have had plenty of those oh shit moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back