Jones lacks the "holy crap" moments Fedor and Silva had

91 seconds

Sideburn Fedor is 31-0
@red
Reaction score
The moments you're pissing in your empty beer bottle because you're afraid to leave the room in fear of missing the finish.

If Bones had dynamite in his fists it would be completely different. The only strikes I see him throw with bad intentions are those elbows. Great win over Cormier but I'm still sticking with Fedor and Silva no matter how many sherdoggers update their goat sigs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
he's had them and will have more I think.

He has, however, plenty of "facepalm" moments. Like his crotch salute tonight.

Jones v. Bonnar
Jones v. Hamill (lol ending)
Jones v. Shogun
Jones v. Machida

All had HOLY SHIT moments

Bones has no ko power. He is not GOAT material.

No amount of discredit will take away from what real journalists are calling Jones, that basically is, 'The Greatest.'

The entire Gus fight was a holy shit moment one of the best fights of all time, as was the ending of the Machida fight, and him getting out of that armbar from Vitor. Also Jones is young he has a lot of oh shit moments to go.

Then before he was champ you have his Bonnar spinning elbow and breaking Vera's face with one elbow, I doubt we'll ever see something like that again.

Edit - How could I forget the Shogun fight all my friends dropped their jaws watching that one.

But he doesn't have as many "holy shit" losses as those guys.

They wasn't half as accomplished as jones is at age 27

agree, jones plays it safe, jab, leg kick, knee stomp, side kick, run. clinch and wrist conrtol.

It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Magic Johnson.

Michael Jordan was a vastly better ball player, but Magic Johnson was much flashier.

Against lower level fighters he had those "wow" moments. It's hard to do against the elite competition he is facing.

Put him against James Irvin, Forest Griffin, Patrick Cote, Rich Franklin..And you would see spectacular shit just like Anderson.

the dropping of a white-eyed Machida was pretty shocking, especially when you consider he is a clear top 5 middleweight a few years later.

JJ has many, maybe not finishes, but plenty of holy shit moments. Glover's arm for instance.

Can he decend a title without an eyepoke is my last question.

Back