Jones just made Gustafsson the Alpha Male of the LHW division.

Ummm ...

Jones almost finished Gus.

Ummm ...

Jones won the fight.

Ummm ...

NO.

I gotta tell ya, ethanfranklin....I like your posts.

inpk2LulZeo1A.gif

I agree. I mean people were calling out for a rematch when Anderson decisively beat Chael the first time. So what did Silva do? He fought him again and decisively beat him again. If Jones was a REAL fighter and claims to think of this win as a blemish on his resume, then he should be the one calling out for a rematch.
If I fought someone and I thought I beat him up but people, including the guy I fought, said differently, I would call his ass out again for sure. Especially with this 70% crap.

Idiot...

Our brain makes us the alpha species, this is a sport.

I would think so. But the division is thin. He shouldnt be ranked higher than Glover though. He has lost twice and just fought the champion.
Glover hasnt lost yet and is number one contender.
Gus isnt alpha until glover loses and gus wins.

He still had to win 2 fights after the fact. He didn't just come back and get an immediate shot

True, but also that fight could happened a bit earlier :)
If it was not for Chael and the test hehe

I wonder if anyones got the balls to call Gustaffson the real champ?

People are going to hate me for saying this, so il keep it real simple.

AA082243.jpg

In the jungle, when two alphas square up, only one of those is leaving an alpha.

However you cut what happened last Saturday, we all know, it was effectively a draw.

Rounds 2 and 3 could have easily gone either way, or been 10/10s.

Now it doesnt matter if its the jungle, the street, the ring or the octagon.

When round 2 comes up and the whole jungles watching, and the alpha goes running to fight someone else...he aint the alpha anymore.

images

Cold. Hard. Merciless. Truth.

You know it, I know it. Excuses about 70pc and getting ready for his boxing arent going to cut it.

Im not going to go as far as to say Gus is the real champ.

Im not going to say Glovers fighting for a paper belt.

But everyone knows what Jones request means, and il be the first to formally say it.

Gustafsson-vs-Matyushenko-UFC-141_8089-460x270.jpg

202_jon_jones_vs_alexander_gustafsson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Gustaffson is the alpha male in that division now.

I will watch his next fight the same way i watch a championship one.

Haha Nice :)

Ummm ...

Jones almost finished Gus.

Ummm ...

Jones won the fight.

Ummm ...

NO.

Ummm ....

Doctor almost stopped the fight out of pity for Jones' mangled face.

Ummm ...

Gus should have won the fight.

Ummm ....

GTFO.

Omg, this is getting beyond ridiculous. Jones has the belt and I'm sure they will fight again...just not right away. And if Gus is the alpha like you say he will fight for the belt again someday. Just not right now.

Exactly.

It's up to Gus to earn his way to another title shot. There have been way shittier decisions in MMA. He looked good against Jones, more than anyone ever has... but he did NOT beat Jon Jones. Even Gus understands this. I don't why his fans can't accept it. Even Gus says that he needed to 'beat' the champ.

But yea, the burden is on Gus to work towards another title fight. The burden isn't on Jones to grant automatic rematches.

Sure, in hindsight- giving Gus the title shot was a great idea. But before the fight, there was a lot of controversy because Gus pulled out of his last fight due to injury, and was rewarded with a title shot even though Machida was the nr1 contender.

You've got to work for that title fight. Especially in the LHW division which has been the most decorated division in MMA history.

Glover has earned his shot. It's his time to get once chance... the same chance Gus got.

Jones is playing you all like a fiddle. By moving on to Glover and saying his win was difinitive it's driven the haters into a frenzy. If Jones beats Glover then moves to rematch Gus in about 10 months the demand will be so high for that fight. People will buy the PPV hoping Gus repeats his performance only a little better. Jones is going to make so much money off the haters it's almost funny.

That's a far cry from "everyone".

30% of those are Jon Jones nuthuggers rallying to keep their hero from being alphad again, so the real split is more like 80/20.

Awesome post. Gus gave him a good staredown and really brought it to him in the fight. Incredible display of heart and technique by both fighters, for a truly amazing fight. But yes Gus came out of the whole situation looking quite the "Alpha." The overwhelming majority of polled fans and fighters thought that Gus won. Yes the media had it the other way, but I would say still that Gus not only gained a ton of fans, made Jones look "quite human," and arguably beat Jones, but also put some fear into the LHW division, including Jones.

Back