Jones is done if he is dominantly beaten by Gus

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
It only takes one or two losses for megastars to lose their luster. Whereas non-megastars can lose much more often and still have a long career.

Ronda's stock took a tumble after losing to Holly. Being undefeated, being the face of WMMA, and her crossover appeal could not prevent this.

Same with Conor. The loss to Khabib has already lessen his appeal to casuals. Even if he does not leave the sport, he is no longer seen as elite championship level caliber.

If Gus beats that ass, it's over for Jones as a serious competitor. He may still fight but it wont be the same.

:DBan

Last edited:
I hope Gus does to Jones what Holm did to Rousey!.... Is that what you're trying to say?

If he losses to Gus he will have hit rock bottom

It'll be hard to come back from all that

All of this does not apply to Jon Jones
He truly gives no fucks about you fans. He will come back for sure and try to reclaim his title

I believe if he loses hes getting the book thrown at him. If he wins, this will all disappear to the backpage.

It only takes one or two losses for megastars to lose their luster. Whereas non-megastars can lose much more often and still have a long career.

Ronda's stock took a tumble after losing to Holly. Being undefeated, being the face of WMMA, and her crossover appeal could not prevent this.

Same with Conor. The loss to Khabib has already lessen his appeal to casuals. Even if he does not leave the sport, he is no longer seen as elite championship level caliber.

If Gus beats that ass, it's over for Jones as a serious competitor. He may still fight but it wont be the same.

TS, why do you have to be such a turinabol-buster?

Just remember, when Bones tears the shit out of Gus, its because sometimes a lion has to remind everyone who he is.

You guys are hard.

I mean Gustafsson is pretty dam good.

It's not like he's fighting a 10 ranked Nate Diaz..

yes

i can see him going on a bender like how rampage jackson did

Ronda still a star thus her wer career

Not really true. Sure, they may not make as much money or lose many fans, but their careers can continue far after losing. Ronda COULD have come back and tried to fight her way to the top again, but she didn't. Conor COULD come back and fight contenders and earn a title shot again, but he probably won't. Both of them could have continued fighting to get the fame back or get to be champions again, but they just didn't or won't.

Look at Pettis. He shocked the world with the "Showtime" kick and lost to Clay fucking Guida. Then he came back and beat Bendo again to win the UFC belt and gain all that fame and then some. Then he lost multiple fights in a row and hasn't been consistent since, but he is always back to fight again to get there again.

Jones can lose and lose BAD, but if he has the mental strength to overcome the criticism from "haters" and get back on the horse, he can probably ride back to championship status again.

I wouldn't even say Jon is a "megastar". He only draws big with DC, and he has only fought a handful of times in the last half a decade so the mainstream doesn't really know who he is. Honestly he is much more well known for being a fuck up steroid abuser than for his fighting ability.

This is why you don't see him in commercials, movie roles, etc like other UFC megastars. His lustre is long gone and no one in their right mind wants anything to do with him.

So done, been saying that all day. UFC is only behind him because they're banking on him winning. If Jones losses, expect the entire narrative to change.

Im picking Jones to win again and one thing I've seen with Jones over the years is no matter how much people crap on him, as soon as he wins, those same people cant jump on his bandwagon fast enough. If there is one thing we can say about sherbros its that they love to align themselves with the winners every chance they get, while kicking the loser they supported prior to the fight.

I'm calling it now: narrow decision win for Gus, "necessitating" a 3rd fight sometime in 2019.

Jarl

Back