Jones has an 13.5 reach over Cormier

JJ has dropped 4 of his last 5 opponents, the only one he didn't (Page) was rocked though.

yea but hes by no means a power fighter. hes clocked people flush, and they get back up.

he wont be dropping any heavyweights, unless its schaub.

Jones's kicking game would give Cormier all kinds of problems just like it did Rampage. Jones has better MMA takedowns than Cormier. What advantages does Cormier really have? Pure wrestling? Ok that's not enough to beat Jones.

That's like thinking Koschek will beat GSP because Kos has better wrestling.

In the MMA ring Jones has better wrestling than Cormier evidenced by the variety of takedowns Jones has employed compared to what Cormier has shown.

BAHAHAHA!!! I was waiting for this crap.

Let's see Jones do this:

8.gif

What a horribly stupid thing to say. :icon_lol:

More variety = better.

Goddamn, this is too much.

More reach and height doesnt exactly means better fighter, Cornier is way underated

Jones will use his kicking and sprawl to prevent the takedown and will defeat Cormier in a close UD.

Jones fate would be the same as JDS.

No, IMO Jones is a better versed fighter then JDS and is much much more well rounded with a better fight IQ. Where JDS IMO has a low fight IQ, I think Jones has a very high fight IQ and adjusts in fight well whereas JDS does not.

If jones can adjust to Cormiers wrestling and pace, I think Jones wins handily since I dont think Cormier can win on the feet against jones. Also Cormier will be jones weight going in so they should be on equal terms on that field.

I am actually looking forward to this fight.

Last edited:
yea but hes by no means a power fighter. hes clocked people flush, and they get back up.

he wont be dropping any heavyweights, unless its schaub.

On the ground, he is.

As for on the feet, you're right he's more of a volume striker. It's been effective, if anything I think it'd be the effective way to go about hurting Cormier.

Jones will use his kicking and sprawl to prevent the takedown and will defeat Cormier in a close UD.

the only thing possibly true about this is jones winning a UD, imo.

the more he kicks, the more TD chances the olympian will have. if he sprawls, cormier will pick him up in the air and dump him.

i think jones should stay on his bike like condit vs diaz.

Jones isn't an indomitable outside fighter. I like his kicks and generally speaking, he manages distance quite well. Still, he doesn't have a great jab (which is usually the measure of utilizing reach) and he hasn't fought anyone that has shown any kind of initiative to get inside.

Rampage whole game-plan was about getting inside Jones long arms and getting off. He never came close once in 3 and 1/2 rds...

Shad trained with Jones and talked about getting inside for the TD and striking and never once came close in 5 full rds... Jones has a way of keeping you right where he wants. You are thinking all along, "I have to get closer" but he finds a way to keep you where he wants you..

Rampage whole game-plan was about getting inside Jones long arms and getting off. He never came close once in 3 and 1/2 rds...

Shad trained with Jones and talked about getting inside for the TD and striking and never once came close in 5 full rds... Jones has a way of keeping you right where he wants. You are thinking all along, "I have to get closer" but he finds a way to keep you where he wants you..

Poking opponents in the eyes or attempting to all fight kinda keeps them at bay. :redface:

I think MMA wrestling will be a "wash" in this match-up and this fight ends up being a striking contest for the most part like the Rashad Evans fight.

I think Jones can outstrike Cormier to a decision like JonnyRingo said but Cormier has deceptively good boxing to go with quickness. I am definitely not confident in this assessment. Cormier is very capable of KO-ing Jones as well.

Although I do not see Jones on top of Cormier, I could *MAY BE* see Jones finishing Cormier with a standing guillitone after rocking him or sprawling a TD and transitioning to a headlock

Cormier is a way better wrestler, and he punches harder. Also he can fight hard for five rounds and throw around bigger men than Jones. Jones is an amazing fighter, but I have a hard time seeing him winning this one. He will be working off his back a TON. Cormier is a BEAST. Nobody does that to Barnett.

Did you see his last fight?Jones is a better mma wrestler than Cormier.Phil is a better wrestler than Rashad in pure wrestling,see how that turned out.
you can cry for someone to beat Jones all you want.It wont happen.

Jones uses leg teeps (would get him taken down), and flashy unpredictable shit to keep his opponent uncomfortable and therefore hesitant to engage. he doesn't really stick and move as well as someone like Machida IMO

Did you see his last fight?Jones is a better mma wrestler than Cormier.Phil is a better wrestler than Rashad in pure wrestling,see how that turned out.
you can cry for someone to beat Jones all you want.It wont happen.

What evidence do you have that Jones is better out of curiosity?

As far as it can tell, no one can say the other is better.

where is joe to add "they really need to measure leg reach, elbow reach, wang reach, etc."

Again: Short stocky guys can't beat jones. Even with the most amazing, kurt angle wrestling prowess, they'll never get inside. See rashad evans title bout. See how impotent he looked? Thats cormier, cain, and every 5'10ish flabby wrestler against jon freaking jones. Its not interesting. Its easy mode.

Cormier is going to be heading into the deep end against Jones. Jon Jones has destroyed MMA legends, impressively in most cases and unlike all of Cormier's opponents, Jones is a fellow wrestler.

It's going to turn into a striking engagement and Jones will kick box Cormier. I think Rashad was the best shot at someone taking out Jones.

Back