Jones earned $500,000 & DC earned $90,000 for UFC 182

Jury made 16k for a co-main event bout.

Simply Appauling. The UFC have alot to answer for. Cannot believe that. Would feel more mad if Myles didnt put on such a shit display. Became a cowboy fan finally over the weekend what a performance by Cerrone.

Let's say that Jones has the same PPV points in his contract as Eddie Alvarez's original UFC contract did, then it would look like this:

$500,000 to show
$200,000 for hitting 400,000 buys
$400,000 for hitting 600,000 buys
$2.50 for every buy over 600,000

If they hit 850,000 buys (guesstimate on my part), then that would mean $625,000 extra.

500,000 + 200,000 + 400,000 + 625,000 = $1,750,000 Bones would have made if he has the same PPV points structure

there is absouletly no chance jpnes has the same or better deal. it all depends on how many buys and whatever else is in his contract. so in the end everyone is talking out of their ass. like all the fighter pay threads are.

Jones made 500k total? Like 250/250? LOL his brother probably made that in one half of a preseason game.

500 k no win bonus means he gets paid that no matter if he wins or loses. And if the PPV ends up being what they are saying he is probably looking at a payday in the $3 million range. The dude is no doubt getting a juicy portion of that PPV..

Oh okay. Do you have any idea what percentage they get on PPV buys? Like 2 or 3 percent maybe?

Nobody knows exactly. Randy had terms of his contract released when he had a feud with the UFC. Essntially at that time and this was back in 2007 he was getting three dollars a PPV buy after something like 330,000 buys. He was getting a certain amount of dollars for the buys under that rate as well. GSP also once let it slip that he was making in the four to $5 million range a fight. I would be pretty shocked if Jones didn't make it in the 3 million range off this fight if the PPV is what they are expecting.

hard to believe Mayweather made at least 32 million for his last fight.

Dan Cormier @ 90k ??
Shameful.. No wonder he hosts on ESPN..

At least they got FOTN bonus, and probably both got PPV points

Jones probably made 2.500.000$ with the points if 182 went over a million buys

I wonder if there will ever be a time on Sherdog when everyone realizes this isn't all they make. Its been proven time and time again.

I doubt it... People these days are too quick to cry about shit they know nothing about.

I doubt it... People these days are too quick to cry about shit they know nothing about.

Will never happen when overeems fought leanar people didnt beleive he made more 2 million despite despite all his contract info being released

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think would be fair pay for Jones per fight? Not including sponsors, ppv cut, ect.

If Eddie Alvarez's contract is the Zuffa standard then Jon Jones made $1,525,000 at 750K PPV buys. That does not include sponsorship money. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jones' contract is a little sweeter than Alvarez's. I think Jones probably grossed around $2m for the fight.

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think would be fair pay for Jones per fight? Not including sponsors, ppv cut, ect.

I think it should be tied to PPV numbers but for an event with 750K PPV buys around $5m would be fair.

And of course the Zuffa zombies are out in force in this thread, telling everyone that DC made MILLIONS in undisclosed Locker Room Bonuses.

Dan Cormier @ 90k ??
Shameful.. No wonder he hosts on ESPN..

At least they got FOTN bonus, and probably both got PPV points

Jones probably made 2.500.000$ with the points if 182 went over a million buys

UFC will never again do over a million buys unless both GSP and Brock come back and fight one another.

Hard to speculate on how much the UFC makes from an event like this. 26m gate+ppv, if we say 8m for expenses I would like to See 6m for Bones and over 2m split among others.

Back