Jones earned $500,000 & DC earned $90,000 for UFC 182

Lol, no....

How PPV points generally work is that you get $1 per PPV bought AFTER a certain amount.

I would assume given they know Jones sells, he'll make $1/per after 200k. That means he likely added 300-600k to his purse. We've just gotta wait on the numbers to be released.

again, overeem got $2. with a low threshold.

Jones made 500k total? Like 250/250? LOL his brother probably made that in one half of a preseason game.

Glad to know people dont actually understand the NFL pay scale here

Lol, no....

How PPV points generally work is that you get $1 per PPV bought AFTER a certain amount.

I would assume given they know Jones sells, he'll make $1/per after 200k. That means he likely added 300-600k to his purse. We've just gotta wait on the numbers to be released.

:icon_lol: You are the one who is wrong.

Eddie Alvarez contract leaked.

He got 1 dollar for every buy from 200k to 400k. Get nothing if PPV does under 200k buys.

For every buy from 400k to 600k he got 2 dollars a buy. So a 600k buy card he got 600k dollars.

Every buy over 600k he gets 2.50 per buy.

So 1 million buys would be 1.6 million, thats for Alvarez. What do you think GSP, Jones, Anderson have? They have better deals.

An "intent" to grant Alvarez an immediate title shot against UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in March
A tiered share of pay-per-view revenue, starting at "$1 for each ‘buy' between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, $2 per buy between 400,000 and 600,000 buys, and $2.50 per buy over 600,000 buys."
A starting salary of a $70,000/$70,000 show/win split, which includes $5,000 raises per win with a cap at $210,000
A $250,000 signing bonus
A guaranteed booking on a UFC on FOX card
Three "commentator" appearances on UFC-branded media

Jones with $500k no win bonus means it's time to pay Aldo 200-200. And before the zombies come in and say Jones draws more, yeah, and he gets PPV points for it.

Will people stop with the Aldo nonsense. Jones is paid about right. Aldo on the other hand is F'ing OVERPAID until he stops being a lazy ass and learns English, fills up the ole cardio tank, and stops being a boring point fighter.

Yeah, if we ignore that UFC 100 happened 6 years ago, when the UFC was a much smaller organization restricted to the US/Canadian markets and doing only 20 events per year, then I will have to agree with you, seems reasonable indeed.

You said "pretty much the same", but the example you listed showed an increase of around 13%. If you want to argue that the wage growth is not commensurate with the growth of the company as a whole: fine, go right ahead and make that argument (I'd probably agree). But that's not the point you were making in the post I replied to.

If DC is on a contract similar to Eddie Alvarez. (they both get paid around the same base pay) then dc would have got $90000 for fighting. $1350000 for ppv (if it sold 900k) and $50000 bonus of the night.

Thats almost 1.5 million. Not bad eh. It might not be floyd mayweather money but its more money than a All Black makes.

Wow really? I thought one of his brothers went to the pro bowl, though? That's interesting.

I guess to make a lot of money in the UFC, you need to be at the top, for a long period of time.

That's exactly it. Long time reigning champion not only get fat paycheck, they get PPV points. Champions that defend once or twice might get PPV points but I don't think they carry them when they lose the belt or no longer headline cards.

To make big money in the UFC, you have not only to become champion, you have to remain champion for a while. The only exception to this rule is Brock Lesnar. He did keep his fat paycheck even after losing the title but Brock is his own kind of animal, even his first UFC fight earn him a fat paycheck...

Will people stop with the Aldo nonsense. Jones is paid about right. Aldo on the other hand is F'ing OVERPAID until he stops being a lazy ass and learns English, fills up the ole cardio tank, and stops being a boring point fighter.

I pretty much could have assumed your username before even looking. Go back to the fry station and quit hating on your betters.

This is a capitalistic country, not everyone can be winners and thats a good thing.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/ufc-182-salaries-jon-jones-500k-tops-list-of-disclosed-payouts

"Jones earned $500,000. His opponent, Daniel Cormier, who lost a unanimous decision, earned $90,000 (and would have received another $90,000 as a win bonus if victorious)."

Wow! 90 k to headline a ppv and get beat up..nice! dc made out like a bandit...How can these guys complain?

At least the guys mayweather beats up hit the lotto when they make the headline fight...oooooff..

Bigger than soccer baby

For fuck's sake, Mark Schultz got $50,000 at UFC 9 in 1996. (Yeah I just saw Foxcatcher)

Why do you fucks care so much about what they get paid?

Back