Jones earned $500,000 & DC earned $90,000 for UFC 182

wow risking your head getting smashed in over and over for a years worth of an engineers salary is pretty weak... May as well take those physical skills and find a professional sport where at least you're making close to a million or more with a nice contract.

Sometimes the PPV points are in a tier system where over a certain amount of buys it is $1, then $2, then $3. I know Overeem had a deal where he got $2 for every ppv buy i think over 500k. Id have to look it up though. But Jones has shown he is pretty good at making sure he maximizes his compensation. Whatever his specific deal is, I have no doubt he made a lot. Plus his sponsorship money and half million to show. I would be shocked if it was anything under 2 million and thats probably on the conservative end. 3-4 million wouldnt surprise me at all.

Jones made 500k total? Like 250/250? LOL his brother probably made that in one half of a preseason game.

Why do you think all the best athletes choose other sports. Its just a select few who really like to fight who choose MMA, it's definitely not the more financially smart move

I think it should be tied to PPV numbers but for an event with 750K PPV buys around $5m would be fair.

I think that is reasonable. Personally I believe champs should be making between $1-5 mil per fight from their salaries alone. I think a lot of athletes in other sports are overpaid and I hate seeing guys like mayweather throwing away millions like it is nothing.

this fking pay is a JOKE... esp for arguable the .most anticipated title fight in ufc recent history lol

Jones is Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron-Rodgers-Smile-and-Laugh.gif

Aaron Rodgers signed a $110 million dollar deal. Lol, yeah Jones is Rodgers. A solid chuckle, sir.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...gns-record-110-million-contract-with-packers/

I hope they're both paid at least 1 million or more. The amount of hype and time they put into building this fight was unlike anything I've seen in combat sports. If this fight really does sell 750k or north of that, they should be given 5 million each, minimum.

Not sure if DC actually gets ppv points.

They get their money from PPV numbers. Both will clear over $2mill. Bones will probably be nearing 5mill.

you wish. DC does not get ppv points, he has to be guaranteed in the previous contract negotiation to ensure ppv share. Only selective few get them (champs and stars i.e brock, etc.)

Jones is no GSP or Silva in terms of draw. They only share PPV pts ABOVE a certain amount (ie. anything greater than 300k buys), they DONT share the entire ppv buys.

Even GSP made majority of his money NOT from zuffa/ufc, but from sponsors and endorsements. The guaranteed purse from ufc always be mid 6 figures at best. But yes, GSP can clear a couple mil from UFC (guaranteed base + ppv share) and rest are from his "bread butter" of sponsorship money.

Last edited:
Back