Jones earned $500,000 & DC earned $90,000 for UFC 182

The article says he didn't receive a win bonus. Sad that the #1 p4p fighter in the #1 MMA organisation in the world makes what Floyd Mayweather made every thirty seconds in his fight against Canelo (in guaranteed purse, after PPV points would probably make it every 15 seconds).

Also kinda surprised Josh Burkman makes almost as much as Lombard.

Lol Jones probably made more in one night of work than his brother's do playing over 32-combined games.

http://fansided.com/2013/09/23/jon-jones-makes-two-nfl-brothers-combined/

Jones with $500k no win bonus means it's time to pay Aldo 200-200. And before the zombies come in and say Jones draws more, yeah, and he gets PPV points for it.

500k total no win bonus. Champions with PPV points don't get (need) win bonus. Remember he will likely get a couple of millions over that in PPV points. Forget his brothers, Jon makes nearly as much as their yearly salary in ONE night. He doesn't need to travel around the US on a daily basis, he just fights twice or 3 times a year and makes millions each time.

In the end, he spends 100X less time in front of a live camera yet he's paid tenfold for the camera time. Think about it: minus the promotion and the few interviews, Jon spends 25 minutes in front of a camera to earn millions (2M/3.5M I would guess after PPV points). To get the same amount, his brothers need to spend countless "game hours", never miss a game, never miss practice and follow the team everywhere while attending each post game interview every time.

I don't know how much his brother really make, their only advantage is the union representing them and the team they're playing for. In the end, they both are just football players among other. None of his brothers is the superstar of his team. Jon Jones is the LHW champion of the world, one of the 3 most prominent UFC fighter and likely the one getting the fattest pay check (although we don't really know the total after PPV points).

Wow really? I thought one of his brothers went to the pro bowl, though? That's interesting.

I guess to make a lot of money in the UFC, you need to be at the top, for a long period of time.

More in a year, as in 2 fights. And his brothers are scrubs in a league with 1600 players.

His brothers are both NFL starters on playoff teams. You obviously don't really know what you're talking about.

$ from 2 fights > $ from 32 games + playoffs

Sounds like Jones hit the jackpot.

Jones and Aldo should be getting at least 900k-1mil win or lose.

Jones got 1.5-2m. Which isn't terrible, but less than he is worth. Doubt Aldo has ever made 900k, the PPV numbers being the problem.

His brothers are both NFL starters on playoff teams. You obviously don't really know what you're talking about.

$ from 2 fights > $ from 32 games + playoffs

Sounds like Jones hit the jackpot.

It's not as simple as "2 fights." He's gotta put in a ton of work just for those two fights.

I hope they took care of DC such that he got a solid six figure payday when it was all said and done. He did a lot to help hype this fight.

DC is not getting any PPV pts.

I'd say he got $90k salary, then another $100k from the UFC, and probably another $50k from his sponsors.

tl;dr DC probably made ~$250k

It's not as simple as "2 fights." He's gotta put in a ton of work just for those two fights.

Okay? We're talking about the work of two starters in the most popular sport in the country practicing and playing over 32-games and Jones is making more money in a niche sport only fighting twice.

Jones is obviously practicing and working as well but he's said he doesn't go to the gym between fights and his brothers are practicing just as much if not much more.

DC is not getting any PPV pts.

I'd say he got $90k salary, then another $100k from the UFC, and probably another $50k from his sponsors.

tl;dr DC probably made ~$250k

I wouldn't swear for certain he isn't, but you are probably right. And the 100k extra based on the magnitude of fight seems reasonable. You're probably putting out a pretty good guess.

Based on the projected PPV buys, and Randy Couture's old contract. When everything is a secret, we estimate as best we can.

Ok if so that is good pay, Shame the prelim and undercard fighters earn peanuts.

The undisclosed payouts by Dana where he hands out big bags of cash need to be included. Sherdoggers know all about it but the irs doesn't

lol.

who said the irs doesn't know????

and are you saying ppv points don't exist???

Okay? We're talking about the work of two starters in the most popular sport in the country practicing and playing over 32-games and Jones is making more money in a niche sport only fighting twice.

Jones is obviously practicing and working as well but he's said he doesn't go to the gym between fights and his brothers are practicing just as much if not much more.

Jones is Aaron Rodgers.

Back