Jones/Cor Shaking hands, well wishing whispers, smiles after fight. . .

uppercutbus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jones/Cormier Shaking hands, well wishing whispers, smiles after fight etc.

How would you feel after all the (fake?) build up?

Too many times we've seen fighters who supposedly had beef suddenly become a-ok with each other immediately after the fight. This is a big disservice to loyal UFC fans who watch these promotions and build-ups, betting money sometimes. ppl can become extra suspicious as the fakeness might seep into the actual fight outcome if everything around it is manufactured.

There is only only thing worse than this, and that's smiles, fist pumps and hugs mid-fight. It makes me sick. Sick to my stomach. Fist pumps after groin shots are ok because the foul-to-fannyness cancel each other out.

tumblr_inline_mt7itkyMz61r7lhpt.gif

Will sherdoggers hold Jones to a double standard and say his real colors are showing if he mocks a laid out Cormier though? or say he is extra fake for well-wishing and shaking hands?

It's professionalism. You can respect your opponent without being their best buddy. This applies to many aspects of life.

All decent self respecting martial artists should demonstrate classy sportsmanship IMO.

I actually find mid fight friendliness heart warming.
Monday, after a brutal sparring session (still cant fully clench my teeth) me and my sparring partner hugged between rounds.
I dont think you understand how few fighters go actual hate-rage mode during fights.
its like any other sport.

when jon and cormier got heated, did u see how fast their technique fell apart?

If it's a 5 round war they will bro-hug and shit.

Well TS.. Most people gain respect for someone after getting in a fist fight with them. Doesn't mean it was all fake and that they're bestfriends. Same can be said if it's the other way around... Does it make you suspicious if two fighters actually really like eachother (JDS vs Miocic) then come fight night they try to knock eachothers heads off?

when jon and cormier got heated, did u see how fast their technique fell apart?

If you mean the brawl it was pretty much anything goes with everyone else getting in on it too.

Does it make you suspicious if two fighters actually really like eachother (JDS vs Miocic) then come fight night they try to knock eachothers heads off?

Only if we know they're friends but the build up is fake beef.

You think they genuinely like each other and this whole thing has been staged, TS?

You think they genuinely like each other and this whole thing has been staged, TS?

Jones/Cor hugging and smiling, whispering sweet nothings in each others ears after the fight like they're girlfriends is. . .

rogan02.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if Jones holds up Cormier's hand like he won as some sort of sportsmanship.

It means nothing, take boxing for example there has been feuds much worse in the sport and most times the fighters still hug and shake hands after the fight.

Back